EA Stock Surges After SWTOR Subscriber Numbers Reveal

Abriael

LOL, 1st they use the same report to say how the game is a failure a few weeks back.

And now many of those individuals are now saying this report isn't an accurate indication of the game's success.

Just goes to show that they were on a crusade to tear this game apart, rather than make it better.

Oh how you fanboys need anything you can get to convince yourselves that the rubbish you're playing is good.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh how you fanboys need anything you can get to convince yourselves that the rubbish you're playing is good.

Oh yea thats it , please dude on the Internet tell me the game is good :rolleyes:

Like your Signature . ;)

Edited by Selaik

I own shares in both EA and ATVI ... and I've never seen ATVI shares worth more than EA shares.

Using words like "probably" to validate your claims isn't a good way to make yourself right. Especially when you follow with, "You sir, are most surely flat out wrong."

Just saying ...

Then I am sure you understand what 'market cap' means? ATVI's is TWICE what EA's is currently.

EDIT: And EA has not shown an annual profit in four years.

Edited by PjPablo

"You're playing"? I believe you are paying for the same game as well.

I'm glad the game is doing well, I hope it continues to drive enough profit for EA to consider it a worthy ip and keeping adding content for years to come.

As for the market, I do think that you will see the population fragment into different MMO's and you will never again see a giant like WoW. That game was a perfect storm of timing and game play, judging other games by that one is rather pointless.

im loking forward to this month when blizzard put out the Q4 numbers, if its a loss again im going to wet my self, but at best i think they will scrap a minor gain like 200k at best

as for swtor... sweeeeettt

im waiting for the post that the fanboys have been buying up the shares so the game looks good

LONG LIVE SWTOR

How sad it must be to live in a world where the only form of entertainment a person can derive any pleasure from is paying a 15 dollar per month sub to post negative opinions (which are subsequently proven wrong) on a forum of a game you profess to not enjoy.

I think you need a big ole hug.

Oh they made a profit, just not as much as they projected, therefore they claim a loss.

You have no idea what you are talking about. What you said makes zero sense.

Pull the financials. Look at FY profits. No profits in last 4 years. They lost over a billion dollars a couple of years ago.

Use both your hands that should be enough to count everyone

i have so many reply to that but i shall not use them, must not collect points, points are bad.

But are you saying they arnt telling the truth to there investors, please put it in black and white here so they can sue you for liable.

Edited by Shingara

i have so many reply to that but i shall not use them, must not collect points, points are bad.

But are you saying they arnt telling the truth to there investors, please put it in black and white here so they can sue you for liable.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Haha. 1.7 million was including free accounts as well, not to mention the steadily dropping population. Wait for the their next quarter numbers. This game is going to represent one of the worst investments in MMORPG history.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Haha. 1.7 million was including free accounts as well, not to mention the steadily dropping population. Wait for the their next quarter numbers. This game is going to represent one of the worst investments in MMORPG history.

lol you have no idea what your talking about, show me a statement anywhere from bioware about lost subscribers ?. And saying but bob down the pub says he has quit doesnt count.

Or for that fact another game that started out with 1.7 mil and 2 mil box sales on a brand new mmo in this time period from release to now.

Edited by Shingara

lol you have no idea what your talking about, show me a statement anywhere from bioware about lost subscribers ?. And saying but bob down the pub says he has quit doesnt count.

Or for that fact another game that started out with 1.7 mil and 2 mil box sales on a brand new mmo in this time period from release to now.

Over 2 million sold. 1.7 million subscriptions.

At the time of that statement, ~350,000 lost subscriptions already.

That's as black and white as it gets.

Over 2 million sold. 1.7 million subscriptions.

At the time of that statement, ~350,000 lost subscriptions already.

That's as black and white as it gets.

Ow i see your guessing, I have seen no statement that of those 350k every game was actualy installed yet and put in subscriptions, i dont see how many were purchased to be thrown onto ebay, i dont see anywhere that the 1.7 mil that any of them canceled in official figures.

Beyond that fact its well known that when a new game comes out there is a normal drop off as alot of people just buy it to see what its like with no intention of playing in the long run and simply see it and think hmm ill try that. The numbers always settle after about 3-6 months from retail.

Edited by Shingara

*rubs head slowly*

You know, this is what I hope:

1) That the doomsayers are wrong.

2) That bioware will fix some of the more horrible issues in the game and in custemor support.

3) That bioware will include more basic features (like an emote for lying down, sitable chairs, chat bubbles etc. for the RP crowd, a graphic engine that does not suffer from these issues for the PvE and especially the PvP gamers.

4) That people, doomsayers and fanboys alike, actually stop crying doom on one hand saying its likely the end of the game and that everything will crash and burn. And that fanboys will stop claiming that everything will grow and be golden.

This is what I think will happen:

1) Fanboys and doomsayers will keep being ignorant.

2) The game will remain a positive source of income for Bioware/EAgames.

3) The game will lose a large number of subscribers and become significantly smaller than it is right now.

4) That the game is very unlikely to die.

Ow i see your guessing, I have seen no statement that those 350k every game was actualy installed yet and put in subscriptions, i dont see how many were purchased to be thrown onto ebay, i dont see anywhere that the 1.7 mil that any of them canceled in official figures.

Beyond that fact its well known that when a new game comes out there is a normal drop off as alot of people just buy it to see what its like with no intention of playing in the long run and simply see it and think hmm ill try that. The numbers always settle after about 3-6 months from retail.

Look at the forums. People aren't exactly happy with the game. You really think people are sticking around? :rolleyes: