Does sentinal have big hits or alot of little hits?

Marauder

Im finding as I level my assassin its really alot of small hits, I have seen the geared out deceptions guys videos doing some large crits but I dont like the deception playstyle of backstabbing. Madness and darkness are just alot of small hits.

I am looking for a class that has big hits, I think i read guardian and jugg can do some nice crits in rage spec but was wondering about the sent/ marauders.

Thanks.

Im finding as I level my assassin its really alot of small hits, I have seen the geared out deceptions guys videos doing some large crits but I dont like the deception playstyle of backstabbing. Madness and darkness are just alot of small hits.

I am looking for a class that has big hits, I think i read guardian and jugg can do some nice crits in rage spec but was wondering about the sent/ marauders.

Thanks.

so you don't care what does the most damage...just what has a high single hit???

Coming from FFXI, smaller and more easily sustained numbers typically won out over single hit brutes. It's NORMALLY (key word) a trade off; smaller numbers are typically easier to hit (more accurate) while higher damage have a greater chance of missing.

Sentinel can do either, watchman spec if you want to do damage via dots (smaller numbers but a lot of them) or combat spec for higher direct damage. There's a bit more nuances than just that but that's the gist of those 2 trees.

Meh, meny medium numbers... What avarage crit fully buffed Blade Storm is 3.5k... Thats the supposedly highers damage ability for Sentinel. (Master Strike is channeled, so does not count)

Uh... Merciless hits for 4.4k without adrenals. Dispatch can hit 4.5k, though rarely can it do that in effective.

Most of your hits in Watchman are between 1000 and 2500, though we've got a couple big skills that will hit > 4k, 5k with buffs.

Uh... Merciless hits for 4.4k without adrenals. Dispatch can hit 4.5k, though rarely can it do that in effective.

Most of your hits in Watchman are between 1000 and 2500, though we've got a couple big skills that will hit > 4k, 5k with buffs.

Got any screenshots of 4.4-5k hits without adrenal? Had one, crit, for 5.1k, and that was with adrenal and expertise buff. tried in both rakata gear and 10.5% expertise pvp gear.

Granted, i might be unlucky, and my opponents might just have very good gear on my server, but i haven't seen more than a few ever hit above 4.5k.

Operatives do crit for 5k though. : )

You know, I have had a lot of respect for your keeping the sentinel masses up, but I would LOVE to see a Merciless 4.4k crit without adrenals/relics

I've still yet to break 5k with one with inspiration + relic + adrenal + red buff.

Watchman is basically a combination of both. Merciless Slash hits extremely hard, but you also have a bunch of little #s that'll add up really fast. I was laughing today as I popped Zen and watched an enemy in Void Star basically have his last 30% HP just dotted away with 3 stack Overload Saber and Cauterize crits.

I guess every specc has its high hitters

Watchman has merciless slash which in my experience crits from 3-5k in PvP

Combat has Bladestorm which crits for about 3-4k in PvP

Focus has Force Sweep which crits for 3-4k in PvP

I have not played alot Combat and Focus so I'm unsure of the numbers, but that should roughly be it.

Got any screenshots of 4.4-5k hits without adrenal? Had one, crit, for 5.1k, and that was with adrenal and expertise buff. tried in both rakata gear and 10.5% expertise pvp gear.

Granted, i might be unlucky, and my opponents might just have very good gear on my server, but i haven't seen more than a few ever hit above 4.5k.

Operatives do crit for 5k though. : )

I'll need to watch through some videos, I don't really screenshot during PvP. I am sitting at 11.5% expertise though (not using 2nd pvp relic or pvp chest).

I'll need to watch through some videos, I don't really screenshot during PvP. I am sitting at 11.5% expertise though (not using 2nd pvp relic or pvp chest).

i have 11.1% expertise and i have gotten a 4.5k merc crit, but thats with one of the 15% dmg buffs on me. no wz buff or inspiration or adrenal, the hardest my merc slash hits for is 3.6k.

Do you have BM weapons im guessing? and even then 4.5 seems a stretch.

Isn't watchman mostly fast small to med hits..keyword being fast

It is but we have one big hitter - Merciless Slash. The point of Watchman is fast small-med hits though, yeah. When you stack all dots there's bound to be serious hurting, my overload saber crits over 1000 per tick.

It is but we have one big hitter - Merciless Slash. The point of Watchman is fast small-med hits though, yeah. When you stack all dots there's bound to be serious hurting, my overload saber crits over 1000 per tick.

My sent is 46 but ca'nt wait untill mine ticks for over 1k per muhahahaha

i have 11.1% expertise and i have gotten a 4.5k merc crit, but thats with one of the 15% dmg buffs on me. no wz buff or inspiration or adrenal, the hardest my merc slash hits for is 3.6k.

Do you have BM weapons im guessing? and even then 4.5 seems a stretch.

All BM except for Columi chest (modded with champion crit/surge enhancement), Champion Helm, Champion Relic, Matrix Relic. I have 28.85% crit with 81.7% surge without the smuggler buff, 412 bonus damage with the knight/consular buffs. My main hand Damage is 719-872 in PvP gear. With those buffs, Merciless's tooltip is 2534-3017 before the 10% from Juyo. So 3017x1.81 (surge)x 0.8 (20% armor) = 4368, and that's if my expertise cancels exactly. I'm not beginning to claim 4.4k+ hits on tanks, but on DPS assassins or Sorcs? Definitely.

All BM except for Columi chest (modded with champion crit/surge enhancement), Champion Helm, Champion Relic, Matrix Relic. I have 28.85% crit with 81.7% surge without the smuggler buff, 412 bonus damage with the knight/consular buffs. My main hand Damage is 719-872 in PvP gear. With those buffs, Merciless's tooltip is 2534-3017 before the 10% from Juyo. So 3017x1.81 (surge)x 0.8 (20% armor) = 4368, and that's if my expertise cancels exactly. I'm not beginning to claim 4.4k+ hits on tanks, but on DPS assassins or Sorcs? Definitely.

Ah well may be because of your insane Surge % in your pvp gear. I'm only at 72% with close to full Champion gear.