Biochem needs more nerfs: Remove reusable medpacks from game

rarianrakista

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so you want to make biochem completely useless?

Only because these people don't like to cry for buffs with what they have. Or in the case of folks like the OP, probably don't even have maxed out. They'd rather play the victim than realize what they have is simply underpowered and in dire need of help.

While it isn't "gamebreaking", I too feel that Biochem is still too advantageous, and that reaaly there isn't any compelling reason to choose any other crafting skill besides Biochem. I've got a better idea though:

Instead of nerfing Biochem, let's make the other crafting skills equally as useful. My suggestion for doing that is as follows:

Armormech: Craftable armor boost item which grants 100 armor for 30 seconds (the exact figures and cooldowns on these is negotiable), with a cooldown of 3 minutes. 400 armormech required.

Armstech: Craftable power boost item that grants 100 power for 30 seconds, with a cooldown of 3 minutes. 400 armstech required.

Artifice: Craftable item that grants an increase over time to one's resource pool every 3 seconds (i.e. one Ammo regenerate every three seconds) for 30 seconds, with a cooldown of 3 minutes. 400 artifice required.

Cybertech already gets cool Cybertech only vehicles, so just add more cosmetic-type stuff in there for Cybertechs, it could be the "RPers crafting skill".

Edited by MegaBubble

Please also remove purple armor crafted, and orange weapon that have augment slots.

No, I doubt you would be in favor of that. See this is a classic case of "nerf them, buff me". Don't worry though, Bioware has proven with this game they will cave to forum complaints. First slicing, then biochem mmm will be sweet to see the same people asking for nerfs now cry when their skill gets nerfed.

As far as the OP topic, not sure if I disagree or agree. But this isn't a fair comparison.

The crafted items that the other crew skills can make are not bound to the crafter.

Bioware, you have made infinite health potions in a game. If you were a Dungeons and Dragons campaign you would be soon giving Vorpal weapons and bags in infinite holding to the players from trash mobs.

Remove reusuable buffs of all kinds in the game or make them non-biochem only.

The crafted items that the other crew skills can make are not bound to the crafter.

Look again. Rakata pieces in the belt and bracer slot (BIS items) are most certainly bound to the creator. Oddly enough, they don't even require the skill to keep them after created.

Edited by Qilz

Look again. Rakata pieces in the belt and bracer slot (BIS items) are most certainly bound to the creator. Oddly enough, they don't even require the skill to keep them after created.

Armstech has no recipes above 39 that drop in game and can only make companion gear at 400.

Sad people are sad.

My main has Biochem. The first nerf was needed, Rakata Medpack was over the top.

Now it is ok, from my point of view, for the following reasons:

Your numbers are completely and totally invalid, i use medpack maybe 5 times in a Raid. (max)

Our Tank does not need to buy any, i craft them for him. Our DPS/Tank/Healer do not need to buy Stims, i craft them for them.

I also dont have crap loads of cash because i try to get every epic implant for all classes as a perfect version.

In Exchange, i get all the other cool stuff from other craft professions in our Guild.

It is not Biochem that needs a nerf, it is your friendslist / guild that needs a buff.

Why stop there?!

Why not just remove Biochem entirely from the game, and balance the game around either vendor-bought consumeables or no consumeables at all? If you're so adamant about crying like a child over the fact that a profession has a profession perk, then just go full-retard on the subject!

You can just shuffle right off to the granola store, pal. I used up way more than 800,000 creds just to get the mats to be able to grind through countless blues to get my resusable medpack..I EARNED it. You want it, go grind out Biochem or stuff it.

Or you could roll Biochem...

Wasn't there a similar argument used for Slicing?

Let's be honest: if there's only one crew skill worth taking, then there's a problem. Now, I'm not saying making all the crew skills as appealing as biochem isn't a desirable outcome, but do you really expect these developers to do that? And if it's not going to happen, then we're still left with the problem of Biochem being more useful than any of the other tradeskills. And that has to change one way or the other.

Edited by Apax

Let's take a typical raiding session of 4 hours with both EV and KP cleared.

There is 160 times in theory you could use your Rakata medpacks at the moment but that is silly because you are not always taking damage except in certain boss fights so lets cut that in half to be fair.

80 * 10,000 credits = 800,000 credits that biochem users are saving every raid.

If I want to compete with a biochem user for a raid slot I have to pony up 800,000 credits beyond my repair bill.

That is game breaking, remove reusable medpacks from game.

No, just buff everything but biochem and lets have a player economy.

with my cybertech I get to make my own speeder and a bunch of grenades as my crafting advantage. I have to find the mats every time I want to make more grenades.

be cool if my crafting advantage was also reusable - i.e. a reusable grenade launcher - same cool-downs and all, just reusable.

Edited by Draflorin

Let's take a typical raiding session of 4 hours with both EV and KP cleared.

There is 160 times in theory you could use your Rakata medpacks at the moment but that is silly because you are not always taking damage except in certain boss fights so lets cut that in half to be fair.

80 * 10,000 credits = 800,000 credits that biochem users are saving every raid.

If I want to compete with a biochem user for a raid slot I have to pony up 800,000 credits beyond my repair bill.

That is game breaking, remove reusable medpacks from game.

LOL...

When did this become the comedy section of the forums?

with my cybertech I get to make my own speeder and a bunch of grenades as my crafting advantage. I have to find the mats every time I want to make more grenades.

be cool if my crafting advantage was also reusable - i.e. a reusable grenade launcher - same cool-downs and all, just reusable.

the grenades are reusable