922k healing and 3 medals, plz add a 600k and 900k medal

Zanistir

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah medals for more than 300k would be nice. Not only for healing but for damage as well. Considering the fact that me as a sniper can only get 8 medals without the defender ones.

Yes 600K and 900k medals would be good, but still would not make the OP happy.

Yes 600K and 900k medals would be good, but still would not make the OP happy.

Just those 2 would make me happy, I think about 5% of healers can actually get the 900k medal regularly and thats probably an inflated figure, it wouldnt change the game for the worse and would reward people capable of doing it.

I acctually agree that should have medals for righer numbers so ppl could work on it, but do u think if even had 600k/900k medals would u be much happier with 5 medals instead of 3? I dont think so.

theres easy medals to get that u can work on even healing a lot, i mean if u just hit once 5 more players would get 10 kills one, plus killin blow not hard, maybe healing a bit less and doing dmg a bit more would get 75k wich is easy and the 2.5k single hit, also what about 2.5k/5k single heals? there u go up to 6-8 already.

Edited by thiagorib

Actually, I use my 30% damage decrease taunts on my vanguard quite a bit... I have gotten 50k in a warzone, just using them without putting anyone in guard. But that is just me, I like making things easier on my team mates and being v-e-r-s-a-t-i-l-e.

I also like taking out healers with a 1k+dot, delayed 1k, 5k, 3k, 5k, 2k, 5k(with any luck) in about 5 seconds...

It's always the same with you self centered clowns.

A healer's damage is bad. It takes more than just tab aoe a few times to hit 75k, and you need to prepare for a 2.5k hit (deliberately take the buff or waste stim for a dmg spike).

How about we change it so shield has a 1.5 sec CD and last 1.5Sec, same for TAUNTs?

So you can't get free points while DPSing? Shoud put you into perspective. When you have to choose between Protection OR Damage.

Not everyone is a Sage with free Shield heal points, or a Tank. Commando Medics and Sawbones have to work and can't get free medals for doing multiple jobs at once.

Forcing us to waste time for jobs we suck by design (delivering damage) is just stupid.

http://imageshack.us/f/259/heals.jpg/

I don't see a problem. I could have easily done better than 6. Let's also not forget I get a lot more MVP votes as a healer. If I can get 6 at level 19 you can do it too.

I can get the medals if I want to, up to 10 for my class, but some of the more intense games have me healing non-stop, so for those style of games itd be nice to still get a decent amount of medals for helping the team get a W

http://imageshack.us/f/259/heals.jpg/

I don't see a problem. I could have easily done better than 6. Let's also not forget I get a lot more MVP votes as a healer. If I can get 6 at level 19 you can do it too.

You need 5 Votes to be equal to one Medal.

Alonda and Leano just laugh at you.

Next time try to get 6 Medals not mindless standing at the Tower and getting stuffed like everyone else with defender points for 6 Medals.

No you couldn't have done better. Then you wouldn't have feed yourself with defender Medals.

And if the Zerg was outside, and you actually healing there, you wouldn't even got 5 Medals.

Every Decent Tank could have made 10 Medals just doing what you did. Fight the Zerg at your Tower.

Edited by -sasori

lol cast a shield on 3 ppl in a cluster fight and get 10k in one life.

Clearly you havent played a class that can put guard on a target. In a huttball match i have gotten 2k in one life, 10k in one life and the 5k protection medal in a matter of seconds when i would put guard on the ball carrier and the other team just trys to burn him down.

I am Jedi Sage Seer Jayess from Infinite Empire, basically full champ set w/ maxed biochem. If I can do it I wanna be rewarded for it, especially since it was such an intense game I couldnt go for any other medals.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7169/6806109331_78a66fd3f4_b.jpg

OK. So don't take this the wrong way. I play a Sage too.

1. You lost.

2. The heals are high but it looks like voidstar and teams that get stuck early on on the blast doors (2 taken by the look of it) tend to be stalemates where people pump out the heals.

3. You did very low damage and kills. Does it occur to you that in full champion gear you could help the dps to kill the other team also.

4. Overall low team dps is the usual cause of high heal numbers at voidstar. The dps team can't take out the other team fast enough to break through and blow the doors!

Yes, healers probably deserve one more medal but your example is a poor one.

Also, I would advise using PS to blackout your player ID from future screen postings.

Edited by Ewgal

While I generally agree that the probably needs to be some more healing medals, I do have to say though that pumping out some more dmg would probably help your team more, and gain you more medals. Instant casts, some DoTs occasional AoE into a pile, will help take down other people quicker, although it might cause you to get less healing done, it helps your team more. Throw a bubble and a HoT and buy yourself some time to switch from exclusive healing and pitch in some dmg. IMO it's harder to not get 10 kills while not even trying than it is to get them. Even completely specced for healing. There's an extra medal, and probably a killing blow tossed in there, so that's 2. 75k dmg shouldn't be an issue either. That's 6 medals right there.

I'll take more medals if what I'm doing means I'll have less to heal and helps my team win. As a healer, I'm more than happy to forgo the "glory" and play support, but support isn't just heal heal heal. I'll take helping take down someone faster rather than obsessively healing someone while they attempt to do it. Would you be upset about medals if you did 75k dmg had 10 kills, killing blow and only healed 800k, but you won?

While I generally agree that the probably needs to be some more healing medals, I do have to say though that pumping out some more dmg would probably help your team more, and gain you more medals. Instant casts, some DoTs occasional AoE into a pile, will help take down other people quicker, although it might cause you to get less healing done, it helps your team more. Throw a bubble and a HoT and buy yourself some time to switch from exclusive healing and pitch in some dmg. IMO it's harder to not get 10 kills while not even trying than it is to get them. Even completely specced for healing. There's an extra medal, and probably a killing blow tossed in there, so that's 2. 75k dmg shouldn't be an issue either. That's 6 medals right there.

I'll take more medals if what I'm doing means I'll have less to heal and helps my team win. As a healer, I'm more than happy to forgo the "glory" and play support, but support isn't just heal heal heal. I'll take helping take down someone faster rather than obsessively healing someone while they attempt to do it. Would you be upset about medals if you did 75k dmg had 10 kills, killing blow and only healed 800k, but you won?

No, it wouldn't. If there is even a scrap of healing that needs to be done, you should be doing it. If a specific dps has to spend even a moment outside of combat either healing or running away because you didn't heal them, then you cost your team more than you gained them by healing.

There is never, ever a time where DPS is anything other than a secondary objective of a healer trying to win a game.

All this thread does is confirm the value of the AE heal and having a focus pool rather than a managed power pool. Sorc/sage can heal for 600k pretty easily in a long battle where the other team lets the healer heal.

Want to impress me? Roll an Op/Scoundrel or a commando/merc and pull 900k in a warzone. Can it even be done?

please do the other things that get you medals. Pressing three buttons and targeting your own faction isn't skillful.

Couldn't have said it better myself gj Vic. Also I target you everytime I see you, you can count on that.

-Chatham

Although I concur to a certain extent that if you want more medals, the system requires you to do more than healing.

However, the moment a healer tries exactly that, and the team loses, you can be damn sure people will start blaming the healer because he was "farming" medals instead of "doing his job."

Sorry heals, you can't win either way. I respect what you do, I used to be a healer in other MMOs, but intentionally decided not to play one in SWTOR for reasons like this. It's a thankless job.

Not to sound conceded but 900k isnt peanuts, it takes alot more than shielding and keeping salvation on cd, if you played a sage youd know, 600k is good for voidstar, 900k means you are maxing your class.

600k is ridiculous for VS. 900k is obviously shopped.

Edited by Lord_Infernus