The Old Republic Continues Meteoric Rise (Press Release)

Necis_Starfall

For real. Don't judge a game by its forums. The only people that come to the forums have an axe to grind. The happy majority just play and don't even step foot on a forum.

I'm happy but reading forums for games I play is just something I do to stay in touch. I'm not the normal and if I have a complaint will fully voice it.

Dont judge the game by its forums. What you really mean is dont listen to the ones that dont like it but listen to the ones that do.

The only people that come to the forums have an axe to grind. Would that also be all the people who say this is the greatest game in the world (as is in its current state) but have to come onto the forums to say it instead of playing the game? Why are you on the forums anyways. No one comes to the forums except haters so why bother posting.

The happy majority just play the game and dont come in the forums. So your saying your not the happy majority since your in the forums?

O wait you said your happy but you now say people visit the forums to stay in touch with the game. Didnt you just say only people with aces to grind visit the forums.

Now your a happy majority that visits the forums and if you have a complaint you will voice it. Wait I see what your saying. If you have something that you dont like about it its ok and needs to be changed because your the happy camper thats not happy.

Or is it you just saying because someone doesnt have the same opinion as you they are a hater. This is your MMO and as long as they make you happy thats all you care about.

Your just like all the others.

Take away all the problems with PVP, level 50 content, FPS issues, lag issues, DC issues, class balance issues, ability delay issues, crafting issues, lack of space content issues and all the bugs and other problems and this game is great.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take away all the problems with PVP, level 50 content, FPS issues, lag issues, DC issues, class balance issues, ability delay issues, crafting issues, lack of space content issues and all the bugs and other problems and this game is great.

I agree. This game is a lot of fun, despite the problems you mentioned.

Yeah, this is evidenced by the 1 million unique logins a day, and a median playing time of 4 hours.

1 million unique logins. I am taking that that means that 1 million different accounts have longed into the game on average each day and then with 4 hour play time each that means there is over 4 million game hours played each day.

Then some people want to say that he casual player is the majority of the player base? Think these positive numbers for the game shows that there are more hardcore gamers (in time played) than casuals.

Take note of this Bioware people play on average 4 hours a day so stop catering to the casuals and make this game more fun for the ones that play it more often.

The haters are finally being proven wrong. Ah, I knew the day would come, but I didn't know it would feel this good.

Uh, it's the first month. What really matters is 6 and 12 months down the line.

This game is pretty good, and it's fun - but whether it has longevity has yet to be seen.

Edited by Esaru

I am one of those folks who will be leaving after my free 30 days is up. That being said I do not blame BioWare for this. In fact I do not blame anyone. I bought the game, tried it and simply feel it is not something I want to spend $15 a month on at this time. I will probably revisit it later on down the line.

All that being said I am not one of those folks who wishes doom and gloom on a game or on those who do enjoy it. I had enough of that in SWG. It seems to be the norm now to bash a game and try to kill it instead of simply leaving it to play something else it it turns out to not be your cup of tea.

So for those who are enjoying the game and staying I hope you have a good time and I will probably see you a few months down the line.

To those who are leaving or who have left good luck in your future gaming.

To those who spend their time trying to destroy a game or community, please get a life!

Sorry, this doesn't change my long-term prognosis for this game. I've said all along that it's extremely enjoyable from 1-50. After a couple weeks of being 50 is when everything changes.

To me, seeing great numbers at this point does nothing to dissuade my thoughts there. I would expect great numbers right now. The majority of players are either A) still in the leveling process or B) haven't been at 50 for very long. I think you'll see a drastic shift in a few months. I think by May, it'll be clear that the game is trending downward. And I don't mean simply evening out frmo the release hype -- I mean trending downward, and significantly. A year from now, this is gonna be in AoC/Warhammer territory.

Fanboys don't want to accept it, but there's just nothing to do in this game after your class story. There's shockingly minimal replayability; especially for the MMO genre, which thrives on replayability.

Edited by Mavajo

Dont judge the game by its forums. What you really mean is dont listen to the ones that dont like it but listen to the ones that do.

No, actually what he was saying is that a person benefits by experiencing and judging the game for yourself, not basing it on what other people tell you about it (good or bad). I know that in this Facebook addicted world, individuality is being mushed out by the "dude, here's how it is, so just believe me and kiss your arse good bye" crowd who want to decide for others what is/is-not enjoyable.

Now, it is well known that negative people DO spend a lot more time trying to bash a game and convince other people that their negative views are relevant. It's a pathology, by no means restricted to game forums. It's just that the annonimity of the interent makes negative people more comfortable being complete sociopaths about it.

And of course there are the heavily sarcastic negative people that love to frequent game forums. In reading your post, IMO you fall into this category.

Edited by Andryah

I am one of those folks who will be leaving after my free 30 days is up. That being said I do not blame BioWare for this. In fact I do not blame anyone. I bought the game, tried it and simply feel it is not something I want to spend $15 a month on at this time. I will probably revisit it later on down the line.

All that being said I am not one of those folks who wishes doom and gloom on a game or on those who do enjoy it. I had enough of that in SWG. It seems to be the norm now to bash a game and try to kill it instead of simply leaving it to play something else it it turns out to not be your cup of tea.

So for those who are enjoying the game and staying I hope you have a good time and I will probably see you a few months down the line.

To those who are leaving or who have left good luck in your future gaming.

To those who spend their time trying to destroy a game or community, please get a life!

Thank you! someone with some sense, I wish you luck in your future gaming :) now if only it were 5pm, there are some republic scum that are asking to be annihilated >=)

1 million unique logins. I am taking that that means that 1 million different accounts have longed into the game on average each day and then with 4 hour play time each that means there is over 4 million game hours played each day.

Then some people want to say that he casual player is the majority of the player base? Think these positive numbers for the game shows that there are more hardcore gamers (in time played) than casuals.

Take note of this Bioware people play on average 4 hours a day so stop catering to the casuals and make this game more fun for the ones that play it more often.

I actually consider myself a casual, and I log about 3 hours a night, generally 5 nights out of 7.

15 hours/week is casual level. I suppose it depends on an individual's definition of 'casual' is. Anything less then 10 hours a week is uber-casual imo.

Sorry, this doesn't change my long-term prognosis for this game. I've said all along that it's extremely enjoyable from 1-50. After a couple weeks of being 50 is when everything changes.

To me, seeing great numbers at this point does nothing to dissuade my thoughts there. I would expect great numbers right now. The majority of players are either A) still in the leveling process or B) haven't been at 50 for very long. I think you'll see a drastic shift in a few months. I think by May, it'll be clear that the game is trending downward. And I don't mean simply evening out frmo the release hype -- I mean trending downward, and significantly. A year from now, this is gonna be in AoC/Warhammer territory.

Fanboys don't want to accept it, but there's just nothing to do in this game after your class story. There's shockingly minimal replayability; especially for the MMO genre, which thrives on replayability.

probably a fair point. If your idea of replayability is only post level 50 stuff.

Overall? there's plenty of leveling replayability, it's just not backloaded for now.

I'd say at least 4 characters/stories worth (2 per side). 3 per side if you are willing to warzone level and just do class stories.

You should seriously stop making stuff up. Seriously.

A US publicly listed company CANNOT lie in its press releases. The Securities and Exchange Commission regulates against "material misstatements" and "material omissions" in public filings, including press releases, by public companys. To do so may constitute a violation of Section 17(a) of the Securities Act of 1933, Sections 10(b) and 13(b)(5) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and Exchange Act Rules 10b 5 and 13b2-1.

If an investor puts money into EA (a lot of them do), and EA stock drops later, if the information contained in this press release can be considered false, you can expect people to lawyer up. EA's lawyers I'm sure carefully read the press release and sign-off prior to their release.

LOL and 1/2. What is a "material" misstatement and what is a "material" omission? That is vague to the point of being meaningless and any company with a good legal team can dance around the definitions all day long.

So our economy crashed, the housing industry died, and millions of investors lost trillions of dollars. Years later we are still limping along with high unemployment and a sputtering economy. I can't remember one prosecution with respect to violation of SEC or banking rules and regulations (exept for one or two insider trading actions). People have been foreclosed on as a result of illegal bank pratices. I have seen some bad publicity, and congressional speachmaking, but unless I have missed something I have not seen any actions taken by regulatory agencies.

Truth is, company shareholder meetings and performance statements have almost no component involving truth, justice, and the American (or European) way. They are fluff sales ptiches with warped facts.

LOL, and 3/4s, I remember just a short time ago as AV/Buzzard was spinning / understating the loss of subs and talking about the great future of WOW and the companies, the execs and Vivendi were dumping shares like mad. Saw no action taken by any regulatory agency there.

If there is a greater "buyers beware" arena than the stock market and corporate representations, I for one am not sure what it is.

Read the press release and laugh or make up you're own mind what kind of people run this game.

http://www.swtor.com/news/press-release/20120201

/insert [head] >>> [arse]

thats the only explaination for anyone talking so much pure crap as that news post.

Everytime I think to give this another shot, I get to the launcher, and just give up, its just that bad. And then you read this kind of delusional self congratulatory crap and wonder what game the devs are playing, because its sure not the one the rest of us got.

Ah well, nm, at least they are happy.

Edited by Cameirus

You should seriously stop making stuff up. Seriously.

A US publicly listed company CANNOT lie in its press releases. The Securities and Exchange Commission regulates against "material misstatements" and "material omissions" in public filings, including press releases, by public companys. To do so may constitute a violation of Section 17(a) of the Securities Act of 1933, Sections 10(b) and 13(b)(5) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and Exchange Act Rules 10b 5 and 13b2-1.

If an investor puts money into EA (a lot of them do), and EA stock drops later, if the information contained in this press release can be considered false, you can expect people to lawyer up. EA's lawyers I'm sure carefully read the press release and sign-off prior to their release.

This^ & anyone ************ about bugs/maintenance seriously needs to try their hand at being a developer and trying to fix things and attempt to make sure the fix works under all conditions and attempt to counter the unforseen bug that only appears under non testable conditions.

Read the press release and laugh or make up you're own mind what kind of people run this game.

http://www.swtor.com/news/press-release/20120201

Only thing I find funny is your post.

The game is successful and you and your gang of venom posters can't take it.

People are enjoying the game and are patient enough to let them fix the bugs and you don;t like it.

The only one trying to put a spin on anything are you and your fellow haters

Does the game have problems? Yes

Are those problems being addressed? Yes

/insert [head] >>> [arse]

thats the only explaination for anyone talking so much pure crap as that news post.

Everytime I think to give this another shot, I get to the launcher, and just give up, its just that bad. And then you read this kind of delusional self congratulatory crap and wonder what game the devs are playing, because its sure not the one the rest of us got.

Ah well, nm, at least they are happy.

So leave? 1.7 million people will not miss you.

Every person has a game style they like, you don't like this one....We get it. The difference between me and you (and a lot of other people) is we don't troll the forum trying to ruin it for everyone else. Most normal people act like mature adults and move on.

Edited by Brakner

Keep this in mind...

This game is based around its single player leveling experience. We all know the end game is pretty bad atm.

In the first month, 300K didnt choose to sub. Lets consider those the 'rushed to the end game' folk. The rest of us leveled normally.

Now in this month more people have hit 50, and more and more rage posts (go back to week 1 of forums, few rage posts. All praise. Go to week 2, 3, 4...increasingly more rage 'no content im unsubing posts).

These numbers were as of the end of december.

Logically, I expect the retention rate to drop a great deal. Around the corner you also have some other new games coming out. Tera is in a few months, GW2 is expected late Spring. Early adopted will flood to those games (regardless of if they are good or not. Early Adoption players simply do that).

Meanwhile Rift is poaching players it seems. They have a Rift Lite (play up to level 20 for an unlimited amount of time for free. Basically a great way to get people to try their much better product).

As people get to end game, and get bored, and realize how poor the late game is they are either going to

A) Wait it out somehow

B) Stop playing, remain subbed, try another game

C) Stop playing, unsub, try another game

So 300K within the first month didnt choose to pay. If we consider this group of 'rush to the enders' a minority, consider what is going to happen as the larger population reaches the end game.

People keep saying this, but what I cannot understand is what they mean.

I played WoW for 7+ years. I'm 50 in SWTOR and doing the same things here I was there at 60, 70, 80, and 85. Heroic Instances, Raids, PVP, and alts.

I played DDO, CO, AOC, DCUO, STO, and an host of other MMO's and its all the same at endgame.

Only thing I find funny is your post.

The game is successful and you and your gang of venom posters can't take it.

People are enjoying the game and are patient enough to let them fix the bugs and you don;t like it.

The only one trying to put a spin on anything are you and your fellow haters

Does the game have problems? Yes

Are those problems being addressed? Yes

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/warhammer_online_age_of_reckoning/news/warhammer_online_sales_reach_1_2_million.html

Thats all I have to say.

Edit: I lied, because I'm sure someone will say "lawl 2m > 1.2m". Point is other MMO's have launched very well, only to fall to the way side quickly because of their half realized/half implemented systems and lack of end game content. No offense to fan boys, but SWTOR so far seems to be repeating the formula. Maybe its because so much of their team was the same team that worked on Warhammer? Maybe its because they decided to use an almost decade old game engine developed by a company that makes online text based rpgs? I don't know why to be frank, but the end product is far beneath peoples expectations.

MMO business is all about retention and renewable income, not off initial sales or subs within 1-3 months. SWTOR had a nice release, no one debates that. AoC had a nice release to. War Hammer had a great release, and was heralded by critiques everywhere as being great

I mean lets compare

Warhammer at gamespot? 8.5

http://www.gamespot.com/warhammer-online-age-of-reckoning/reviews/warhammer-online-age-of-reckoning-review-6198529/

Swtor at game spot? 8.0

http://www.gamespot.com/star-wars-the-old-republic/platform/pc/

Heck even if you compare fan ratings, they are not that different, and i expect the SWTOR fan rating to go down as people reach the end game.

Edited by Faytte

People keep saying this, but what I cannot understand is what they mean.

I played WoW for 7+ years. I'm 50 in SWTOR and doing the same things here I was there at 60, 70, 80, and 85. Heroic Instances, Raids, PVP, and alts.

I played DDO, CO, AOC, DCUO, STO, and an host of other MMO's and its all the same at endgame.

Exactly!