Just started PvPing? Too late now...

Goloith

As many of you know SWTOR has plenty of things to keep you busy. Hell I out leveled every planet I played on. The unfortunate thing though was that I like PvP a lot.

I finally just started to PvP and all I have to say is that its too late to start PvPing....well if you have a job and a life. If your a casual gamer and your starting PvP its just too late to get good. Everyone has a full lvl 50 artifact gear so its practically pointless to continue. By the time you get a full set of PvP gear the guys who already have the gear will be one entire set ahead of you and you'll still be in the position you were in a month ago

I just wish this game did a better job of explaining certain playstyles. So thanks for the fish

and good luck peeps! Enjoy!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As many of you know SWTOR has plenty of things to keep you busy. Hell I out leveled every planet I played on. The unfortunate thing though was that I like PvP a lot.

I finally just started to PvP and all I have to say is that its too late to start PvPing....well if you have a job and a life. If your a casual gamer and your starting PvP its just too late to get good. Everyone has a full lvl 50 artifact gear so its practically pointless to continue. By the time you get a full set of PvP gear the guys who already have the gear will be one entire set ahead of you and you'll still be in the position you were in a month ago

I just wish this game did a better job of explaining certain playstyles. So thanks for the fish

and good luck peeps! Enjoy!

Pretty much.

This Battlemaster Healer I queue with regularly started cussing out this guy who was with us, fresh 50 because he was useless and died every time someone looked at him funny.

I was like: "Whoa."

All in all, it creates a miserable experience for a new player. Shat upon by your enemies and allies alike. I can see why new 50s are very rare. Most probably just give up or relevel 10-49.

I had the good fortune of beginning my journey about 3 weeks ago, right when they buffed the drop rate of Champion items. Got very lucky in the beginning. Now just missing 2 pieces.

Edited by McVade

Welcome to the world of mmo's... if you kept pvping you would be ahead of the new 50's that came after you.. that is how mmo's work

Most don't have such a big gap between what you have when you hit 50 and what the maxed out set is though. If they added a blue 50 pvp set (which they did have then took out for some reason) that you could get a hold of before 50 it wouldn't be so bad for new 50s.

I'm not sure why anyone would argue against a starter set, unless they just feel they need that advantage so much to do anything.

Most don't have such a big gap between what you have when you hit 50 and what the maxed out set is though. If they added a blue 50 pvp set (which they did have then took out for some reason) that you could get a hold of before 50 it wouldn't be so bad for new 50s.

I'm not sure why anyone would argue against a starter set, unless they just feel they need that advantage so much to do anything.

I never said a starter set was a bad idea.... Just commented that there will always be a gear gap in mmo's :)

You've never played Aion.

People act like gearing up in pvp is so hard, I hit 50 less than a week ago, I'm at valor rank 51 and have 8 pieces of champion gear (from ~30 bags). It really isn't hard to gear up in this game. Already have a jugg about to ding 50, I'll be able to buy 6 bags and not to mention doing dailies/weeklies as well.

If you can't gear up to compete in this game, then MMOs are not for you.

So you are upset that people that play this game more than you have an advantage? So that person that works 60 hours a week should make the same as you if you work 30 hours?

You sir, do not make sense.

A. gear was much easier to get a month ago. what took the average person maybe 20 hours to get (with exploits) a full pvp set now takes HUNDREDS of hours to achieve.

B. fresh 50s can not compete whatsoever with pvp geared people. This would be an understandable stance if this game was out for at LEAST a year where new pvp gear has to be released every few months or so to keep things current. a fresh 50 is nearly useless compared to a BM, even if the fresh 50 is more skilled than the BM. It is to the point where every fresh 50 is a HINDRANCE to his team, it doesnt matter if he is the best player in the world. a crappy BM is still better.

C. ignoring the RNG terrible system, fresh 50 also get less commendations on average than BM players as they dont survive as long and they do about half the damage. when i was pvping in the low 40's i would average 80-110 commendations per wz. now im averaging 30-40, and that is only because im playing the system a bit and getting the protection medals even as a dps spec.

But you said it as if the gear gap now was a good idea. Don't be so ingenious.

I agree i did say the gap was good, but i never said that a lower pvp set was bad. A gear gap gives ppl something to work for, but it does not need to be so big it is insane.

People act like gearing up in pvp is so hard, I hit 50 less than a week ago, I'm at valor rank 51 and have 8 pieces of champion gear (from ~30 bags). It really isn't hard to gear up in this game. Already have a jugg about to ding 50, I'll be able to buy 6 bags and not to mention doing dailies/weeklies as well.

i dinged 50 over a week ago. between level 10-49 pvp and level 50 pvp ive put in at least 25 hours into pvp

ive gotten two pieces of gear.

having a gear gap by itself is not bad, but the gap is way too big. in wow terms a level 50 bm vs a fresh level 50 is like a level 60 vs a level 70 in full Season 4 gear.

quite honestly, releasing BM pvp sets were a mistake.

Edited by Ryotknife

I never said a starter set was a bad idea.... Just commented that there will always be a gear gap in mmo's :)

I think it's less a question of "if" and more a question of "how wide". Gear doesn't have to scale such that each tier is the equivalent of 10 levels.

Some people have jobs and cant play 30+ hours a week. Forgive us for wanting to get some enjoyment out the PVP without having to work it as a second job.

The gear gap is something a -next- generation mmo should solve.

Considering 80% of swtor is reverse engineered burning crusade wow server stuff (right down to the mount bugs), I'm not surprised they didn't really solve anything gear wise either.

Welcome to the skinner box. If you push that button enough times, you might get a reward.

So you are upset that people that play this game more than you have an advantage? So that person that works 60 hours a week should make the same as you if you work 30 hours?

You sir, do not make sense.

They shouldn't have little league football - people who are just starting the game clearly should be playing against pro football players who have played all their lives.

What an asinine comment. Gear makes far too large a difference to have it not be available in some form without competing against pvp geared people. Clearly bioware agree, hence the recent comments re: this topic.

Already got 600 expertise, gearing isn't an issue for me. Did the 6 bags thing too. Still didn't mean much against battlemaster premades (these people hit 50 long before most people did).

I'd rather spare newer people the bull **** than have them lose interest in level 50 combat because of a very dumb item system.

There's nothing wrong with a starter set, why do most of you act like it's blasphemy?

And I played Aion, if you think that's some sort of measurement for MMO's I'm sure ranged classes one shotting people on the fly is your sort of fun too eh.

Boring.

When I started to PvP at 50 I was getting smashed. Took less then 1 week to have 8 pieces of champ gear and 1 cent. Most bags through dailies and the 2 weekly quests and maybe 4 or 5 bags I got from comms.

So, after 1 week of trying to gear, vs many many Battlemasters, I am only missing about 3 pieces of gear or something and am quite competitive.

Well, you must be pretty horrible I guess.

Have fun PvEing?

Damn it Bioware i pay a monthly sub like the next man I only have time to play SWTOR for 30 minutes a week because im a full time CEO,Playboy, all around pro I want my full battlemaster set + skill guide NAO or im quitting.

:rolleyes:

This is an MMO....If you can't deal with it and take some time to gear up then maybe you should quit and play a first person shooter or sc2 or something where you are always on equal ground with your opponent those are usually the ones without a monthly sub as well since people in MMO's like to progress herp derp.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.