Immortal Juggernaut

darthfaded

(2) Not to mention a true "healing" build is pathetic in damage and in no way compares to how much damage a well built Jugg/Guardian can deal.

True healing builds usually don't stack endurance. Tanking builds do. Therefore a tank DPSing simply has significantly less of his primary attribute than a healer DPSing. Because the primary attribute boosts damage, this fact alone strongly suggests the opposite of what you are claiming. Some heal builds even favor crit and surge, and you're telling me they do less damage than builds that simply have more life and defensive stuff?

Good luck hurting someone through a 30% damage debuff + guard

There is one easy thing you can do to get rid of the 30%, and if the tank doesn't have any CDs ready, chances are you'll kill him as easy as any DPS if you use/have the right damage type to your disposal. The stuff that goes right through defense and shield, which is 2 out of 4 damage types. There's also many other tactics you can use to separate the two. I won't say L2P, but seriously, you're doing something wrong if you're not even getting through the 30% of taunt. Hah.

Juggernaut survivability is pretty bad outside of the CDs, unless we actually can defend against the attacks. Regularly the only thing between us and death is simply our life. And mind you, the +4% health buff that would boost that is in the damage tree.

Some attacks don't make me feel "tanky" at all, despite full spec, and make me consider having wasted slotting endurance over strength, when I take a smuch damage as everyone else without the 1.5, or 3 min CDs activated. This is even true regularly in PvE situations. Three strong mobs, all using elemental damage? Healer has to focus heal you HARD, because they do more damage than the Endboss of the HM.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

The whole deal with this (I play immortal 31/8/2) is that outside your cds and without a healer, you are just another dead guy...even one on one. So for 29 secs I am a tank, then for minutes I am a bad dps with normal survivability.

I am great with cds. I am terrible without. Once the survival cds run their course, without assistance I am dead. That doesn't seem right for a tank class.

For me it boils down too this. If it takes me forever to kill you as a tank in pvp, it should be balanced to make it so every other class takes forever to kill me in return. Its simply not that way at the moment. I don't understand why.

I am fine with the support role. I have played to battlemaster taunting, ccing and protecting. I am fine not leading the charts in kills and damage. But I think something has to change with our survivability to make it twice as hard to kill WITHOUT CDS. Because right now my damage is half a dps class.

Also...having to wear dps gear to make the damage better (ie vindicator set) doesnt make any sense. If the argument is that damage is bad because we are not a dps, then we should be gearing to protect (warleaders set). If wearing the warleaders set is making us less viable than vindicators...its an indication something isnt right. You shouldnt have to gear opposite of the specs intent to get the best viablity.

I got my immortal jugg to 50, and I was terrible at WZs. I then leveled a damage spec'd merc to 40, and Im always in the top 5 . Im not bragging, I know it isnt anything special, but it's something I could never do on my jugg.

Of course you are not bragging. My merc is always in the top five and that never changed from level 10, well yeah It did a bit I guess, now i'm always top 1 or 2 at level 25. :)

Edited by lordPoozy

Yeah Vanguard/Powertech and Shadow/Assassin takes can dish out 300k warzones with regularity if they know what they're doing but tank Guardians and Juggernauts might be able to get 100-150k if they know what they're doing.

Tank Juggernauts and Guardians get about 5% more survivability and lose like 50% damage compared to the other tanks.

I'm also baffled at the thought of the Immortal and Defense tree getting nerfed, but according to the patch notes it is getting a nerf, when it's one of the few trees that needs to be seriously buffed. Hopefully the nerf isn't in the final release of the patch because if it is then it's obvious Bioware does not even play this game or listens to the community unless you're part of the big crying guilds or the crying sorcerers.

Edited by bamsmacked

your job is not to kill people but protect them, in hutball I can hit over 100k protection, if you average 15k per health per player thats like 6-7 people not dying.

Yeah why do people think a WZ is a place to solo other players?

I am an objective based player, so I will focus on that and run to my objective, normally running past idiots playing the solo WZ game.

i like my immortal/jugg. it's tricky to put up big numbers true, but i still do fair enough. honestly, i use the spec as more of a supprt class, in a sense. sure i do bigger damage with my merc, but i enjoy the jugg more because i feel like i actually make a bigger difference in the outcome of the game itself by using him to his advantages. the only thing i dont like about it is that you never get noticed for that stuff, and you never get mvp votes, despite being a difference maker.