Please DON'T Change 10-49 Bracket. Fun PvP!

Clyric

Just a quick shout out to support 10-49 PvP.

-Faster Queue's

-Closer Matches

-Less Premades

-Skill vs. Skill based PvP, not (Gear v Gear)

Bioware - the 10-49 bracket of PvP is a blast. Please don't change it.

Post 50 is blah, circle jerk the mid of Ilum for rocket pops (really Bio-ware??), Zerg encrusted, fail gear v gear PvP. Team's en 'masse squaring off to see which group can yank a player who wanders too close to the zerg line and power gank him.

Post 50 I can actually sleep through 1/4 of the fight and kill a non-geared 50 with "Gear".

In Pre-50 I can actually kill a player with Skill.

Don't change 10-49.

Edited by Clyric

It's not really skill.

The higher levels are going to win. Rather than it being based on what gear you've gotten, it's based on what level you are. You can polish off a level 20~ mirror class as a level 40-49 with a huge portion of your health left.

Bolster helps, but it doesn't balance anything.

I absolutely Murk 40+'s in my mirror class...

even if they knew what they were doing, they might (and sometimes do) wipe the floor with me, but still - it's way funner.

I have a BM Champ Geared and 50+ is broken, no fun.

It's not really skill.

The higher levels are going to win. Rather than it being based on what gear you've gotten, it's based on what level you are. You can polish off a level 20~ mirror class as a level 40-49 with a huge portion of your health left.

I've killed many 40s as a 20 1v1, sooo.... you're wrong.

Gear differences are almost all ignored. Only real difference is a few skills, but even then, you have most useful skills by your 20s.

Gear differences are almost all ignored. Only real difference is a few skills, but even then, you have most useful skills by your 20s.

In general, true, but guardians/sents/sw/mara's would like a word with you.

They must have been horrible, sooo.... you're wrong.

Gear difference wasn't what I was referring to. I was referring to the core skills and talents that you don't have as a level twenty. The core skills that make your DPS rotation powerful.

Well, unless you got your entire rotation before level twenty, and have used all of the talents that you need to do optimum dps.

So uh, yeah.

How can you call skill when you fight with 4 abilities,or when the enemy class gets some vital abilities after a certain level?The only part i disagree is this for the rest i completelly agree is good fun and would like to stay as it is

It's not really skill.

So wrong. With a few AC exceptions (conc ops for example) classes have all their key abilities by the mid twenties. If you're consistently losing and aren't one of the two or three classes, you just suck.

So wrong. With a few AC exceptions (conc ops for example) classes have all their key abilities by the mid twenties. If you're consistently losing and aren't one of the two or three classes, you just suck.

And I suppose they get all of their talent points in the mid twenties too?

In general, true, but guardians/sents/sw/mara's would like a word with you.

Oh Hi I play a level 37 Sentinel who I've been leveling exclusively through warzones. Watchman is underrated even at low levels. That is all.

But I guess this is where the entire skill/gear debate comes into play again because I have absolutely no trouble at all with almost all Marauders that I meet.

Gear is not ignored,you get better values of armour,main stat etc as you level (if you keep the gear updated)!

Not to mention some stats like crit and specially surge that come a lot later in the game

It's not just abilities, but the points spent in the tree as well.

10-49 is not fair, it just has the illusion of being fair.

It's not really skill.

Not true at all, Its very very easy to get all purple slots on low level alts and with the bolster I have seen level 15's come out with over 15k HP and hit for 3-4 hundred more than thier level 40+ counterparts.

They lose alot in the ability department, but for most classes they are very effective at low levels.

Gear is not ignored,you get better values of armour,main stat etc as you level (if you keep the gear updated)!

Bolster takes care of that admirably well in the 10-49 bracket. Even crit chance and so on benefits because it's not only affected by its own stat but also by your main stat, which is bolstered in any case.

Oh Hi I play a level 37 Sentinel who I've been leveling exclusively through warzones. Watchman is underrated even at low levels. That is all.

But I guess this is where the entire skill/gear debate comes into play again because I have absolutely no trouble at all with almost all Marauders that I meet.

Sigh.

Learn to read. The person I quoted was talking about being in the 20's

Sigh.

Learn to read. The person I quoted was talking about being in the 20's

Mine is 28 and I feel like I'm just starting to hit my stride. Definitely takes some time to expand the toolkit of the Sentinel.

Edited by Amp_

I don;t want to speak for my friend but since he's not here I will, He has a level 15 alt of the two lightsabers class, and he constently leads DPS totals and has more hit points than anyone in the warzone.

While he doesn't have all his abilities he is still competetive... Compare that to what I have to deal with as a fresh 50 with 1.5% expertise and I will take it all day long.

Edited by Richard__Rahl

Doesnt matter what level I am in the 10-49 bracket. I perform well on my lvl 20 or my level 35 toon. Its fair enopugh, which just goes to prove that expertise is a stupid stupid stat to add.

Im fully expecting getting to 50, seeing the state of PvP and rerolling another char :)