Deception is NOT for pvp

Shalashasa

This thread makes me laugh, I'm a Deception Assassin and so far in PvE.. no tank can hold my aggro(yes I use Force Cloak every time its up, especially for Dark embrace) and In PvP I literally 4 shot my friend today who has BM gear. **** happens when you crit for over 5k 3 times in a row with instant casts. I myself, am valor 56 (why so low? Because I never traded like OP) No one on my server has beaten me 1v1(rebel and imperial) and in wzs I average 400k damage per game..

I'll agree we need a buff for dps though..

survivability is what ever, having 50% absorption and over 30% shield chance as Darkness is pretty awesome though

Now tell me, how is Deception not good?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread makes me laugh, I'm a Deception Assassin and so far in PvE.. no tank can hold my aggro(yes I use Force Cloak every time its up, especially for Dark embrace) and In PvP I literally 4 shot my friend today who has BM gear. **** happens when you crit for over 5k 3 times in a row with instant casts. I myself, am valor 56 (why so low? Because I never traded like OP) No one on my server has beaten me 1v1(rebel and imperial) and in wzs I average 400k damage per game..

I'll agree we need a buff for dps though..

survivability is what ever, having 50% absorption and over 30% shield chance as Darkness is pretty awesome though

Now tell me, how is Deception not good?

I concur. All the Deception class needs is a little mechanical refinement; Maul for example. It’s the other classes which have some “oddities” which allows them to do things which are unintended. For the most part, it’s been the other classes hit with the nerf bat. Next up will be the powertechs and… maybe, the trouper.

Deception is good for one thing. Doing good, not great, damage while the guy your hitting isn't hitting you.

This sounds to me, like you're trying to use Maul a lot, given that you can "only do decent damage while the guy you're hitting isn't hitting you"

Just FYI, you're doing it wrong.

I like deception gameplay in PvP. I tried a madness hybrid build, but the gameflow just sux and is no fun (although it might have a bit more utility).

Althought a bit squishy, you really gotta pick your fights and not run in like a headless chicken.

Tank says hes better than most everyone because he is tank specced and can self heal therfore unstoppable and thinks dps build is bad so bashes said dps build even tho said dps build is *********** amazing if used to a higher standard than op who just stands there and takes hit and does subpar dps .. :cool:

Darkness is a higher level of mastery than Deception.

Everything Deception can do Darkness can do if you choose.

Darkness has a more variety skill set than Deception so Darkness can adapt to changing situations which is a pvp trait.

Deception is a 4-5 skill button spam fest.

Im probably 10x better than all of you at Deception and have gotten 13/14 warzone medals with it in more than one occasion and rarely under 9. Though only noobs would think group vs group combat is PvP.

Deception has limitations as a skill tree that Darkness doesnt.

Darkness can do things Deception cant.

Mastering Darkness then going to Deception is like Lebron James (NBA star). Deciding to play basketball with 1 hand tied behind his back. Sure he is good enough to effectively still play. He might even win against very unskilled players. Though if he actually plays against someone that knows what their doing he is toast.

Edited by Shalashasa

Just check out upzie's Deception videos and tell me that a deception Assassin isn't PvP viable:

http://www.twitch.tv/upzie84/videos

He leads in damage/medals/kills almost every WZ. (without Battlemaster gear) You just can't play a deception spec like a tank and run into the middle of 8 guys which is what I am guessing you are doing and are getting killed easily.

i have seen one of his warzones, this guys sucks hard, he is a coward and a zergling, every class can zerg/add like this guy, i laughed the moment he was involved in a 2vs1 and there was a 3vs1 fight not too far away from him, what he did? he left hist mate in a 1vs1 and used sprint to add to the 3vs1 fight, becoming a 4vs1 fight, GREAT and USEFULL MATE in warzones!!! he never gets involved in ball fights (hutball), he only plays 150%sneaky trying to not get hit. THe moment he got hit, he died by 4shots... pathetic build/class..

Oh, btw... he is so pro, he pops 50% deflect skill against operatives, way to go mate! it is just useless vs operatives but hey... who cares, this guy outgeares and zerg pugs, THE CLASS AND BUILD IS VIABLE 100%! AGREE!

Deception sucks balls, was my style, but since i tried darkness, well... it is way more usefull and competitive. Tried deception again after getting my battlemaster weapon, thinking that i would do great dmg and so... the build lasted for me like 30minutes, suddenly i was getting 4hitted again... pathetic, if someone targets u, u are dead in 4sec.

Sorry for my english .

i have seen one of his warzones, this guys sucks hard, he is a coward and a zergling, every class can zerg/add like this guy, i laughed the moment he was involved in a 2vs1 and there was a 3vs1 fight not too far away from him, what he did? he left hist mate in a 1vs1 and used sprint to add to the 3vs1 fight, becoming a 4vs1 fight, GREAT and USEFULL MATE in warzones!!! he never gets involved in ball fights (hutball), he only plays 150%sneaky trying to not get hit. THe moment he got hit, he died by 4shots... pathetic build/class..

Oh, btw... he is so pro, he pops 50% deflect skill against operatives, way to go mate! it is just useless vs operatives but hey... who cares, this guy outgeares and zerg pugs, THE CLASS AND BUILD IS VIABLE 100%! AGREE!

Deception sucks balls, was my style, but since i tried darkness, well... it is way more usefull and competitive. Tried deception again after getting my battlemaster weapon, thinking that i would do great dmg and so... the build lasted for me like 30minutes, suddenly i was getting 4hitted again... pathetic, if someone targets u, u are dead in 4sec.

Sorry for my english .

^ very, very well said. Deception was my build until I was about rank 50-55'ish. At the time I was one of the first level 50's and higher geard than most players. So obviously it was cake to kill people.

As people have begun to learn their classes and learn how other classes like Assassin work. It demanded a higher level of skill to be competitive.

I tried everything with deception but you get to the point where its too much work (for lack of better words) to kill a player. Some players you just absolutely cant kill. Others you could if you had a perfect storm of conditions met.

Anyone who has played for years and years of pvp knows these are the symptoms of an underpowered class.

• Cant 1v1 so you become the sidekick class
  • need to work harder to get kills than other classes do
  • in order to win fights you need a perfect set of conditions met

I started out using Dark Charge while still staying loyal to my 31 voltic slash build. I noticed the extra defense made a great change. I was able to survive yet still do a good amount of damage.

Then it hit me. If im using dark charge why dont I just go into the darkness tree. At the time I just dismissed the tree as a Tank tree and never tried it because I didnt play Assassin to tank.

You can imagine my surprise when I found out at level 50 at like 50+ valor that Assassins had a force pull (lol). I also found out that I could break roots with my Force Speed! (why this isn't on the melee tree is beyond my belief).

The main kicker was that I found out there was a variety of ways. When played right. That I could burst and kill enemies almost as fast as Deception. Since then I have switched back and fourth. Messed with numerous hybrid builds trying to get the utility of Darkness to work with the DPS/Stealth of Deception. It just doesnt work.

Edited by Shalashasa

Darkness is a higher level of mastery than Deception.

Everything Deception can do Darkness can do if you choose.

Darkness has a more variety skill set than Deception so Darkness can adapt to changing situations which is a pvp trait.

Deception is a 4-5 skill button spam fest.

Im probably 10x better than all of you at Deception and have gotten 13/14 warzone medals with it in more than one occasion and rarely under 9. Though only noobs would think group vs group combat is PvP.

Deception has limitations as a skill tree that Darkness doesnt.

Darkness can do things Deception cant.

Mastering Darkness then going to Deception is like Lebron James (NBA star). Deciding to play basketball with 1 hand tied behind his back. Sure he is good enough to effectively still play. He might even win against very unskilled players. Though if he actually plays against someone that knows what their doing he is toast.

I watched your feed. And after watching you stuck behind a crate which you could easily jump over combined with your terrible movement I came to the conclusion that you are just bad and went to watch a level 44 Deception sin play on his feed. But oh please continue with the oh im better then all of you line. Maybe when you learn how to turn with your mouse and jump over crates we might begin to believe you. Also the only thing you need to master to play darkness is kiting your opponent the novelty of that wears off after a few matches.

Edited by SkyToHigh

I was deception all the way, but im too competitive, and want my effort to be usefull in my class, as deception i was being a ninja, running and doing some great escapes with low slash and my skill.. but i sucks that everyone targets and 3shots you.. like someone said, is like being a NBA pro player playing with 1hand, u can win but it doesnt mean u arent playing below 100% efficacy, game speaking.. underpowered.

Then tried hybrid tank/madness, it is really cool, but it isnt my style, anyways is the spec i play, because is the only competitive one..

I would like deception to get a buff, damage or survivability. Wanted to be a dps monster when i chose my class...

I watched your feed. And after watching you stuck behind a crate which you could easily jump over combined with your terrible movement I came to the conclusion that you are just bad and went to watch a level 44 Deception sin play on his feed. But oh please continue with the oh im better then all of you line. Maybe when you learn how to turn with your mouse and jump over crates we might begin to believe you. Also the only thing you need to master to play darkness is kiting your opponent the novelty of that wears off after a few matches.

riiiiight...

I had like 6 feeds that crashed over a total of 5 min streams. I was minimizing and typing to people on justin.tv because they were saying its blurry.

You really think that at my level of play with a record 16medals in one game I have movement problems or get stuck behind a box?

I dont even use my mouse to click on any button on my quickbar. I hold right click the whole time. and hotkey all my moves on a 17 button mouse, q e r f t g, and shift+ combinations of them.

I dont even have to look at my cooldowns because at this point I can "feel" when my global/skill cooldowns are up. I just look at the player I fight and counter his moves.

I bet if I dueled you you wouldnt even get 10% of my hp down because I would shut you down and kill you.

Edited by Shalashasa

Sorry for my english .

I just feel sorry for you in general, you sound like a sad individual.

Funny thing is that All you pro's seem to do alot of talking, But we have yet to see you back it up, words are But words.

And wow dissing my play from solo queue stream, where i was farming medals. How you Can even Think that you know How i am As teamplayer is just laughable, not to mention the fact that i never promoted myself as the end All be All wich you guys clearly Think you are.

Kids ego and presumptions on this forum is laughable, for the record yes Darkness is amazing, But bashing ppl for enjoying other speccs is just sad and an indication of you ad a person.

Edited by upzie

I just feel sorry for you in general, you sound like a sad individual.

Funny thing is that All you pro's seem to do alot of talking, But we have yet to see you back it up, words are But words.

And wow dissing my play from solo queue stream, where i was farming medals. How you Can even Think that you know How i am As teamplayer is just laughable, not to mention the fact that i never promoted myself as the end All be All wich you guys clearly Think you are.

Kids ego and presumptions on this forum is laughable, for the record yes Darkness is amazing, But bashing ppl for enjoying other speccs is just sad and an indication of you ad a person.

Bla bla bla, when u post a vid or stream, u must let people judge ur skill and gameplay, if u dont like it, dont post any stream/vids.

People like me isnt bashing that u have fun playing a handicapped spec, we are bashing ur skill and talking how so handicapped is deception. When someones is trying to show that the build works because XXXX player runs with a handicapped build and does "good", well.. we have the right to judge it.

I will repeat it incase u didnt get the point, if u dont like people to "bash" your gameplay/skill/spec, then put off ur stream :)

Btw, u call us pros, but a guy that post a stream and fail, is a wannabepro, what is worse? :p

You mean when you have your 3 pocket healers following you around, and you always run like a ***** from me?

I dont run from anybody. Im in ilum right now if you want to duel. I been camping rep base since 7:00am this morning killing you guys whenever you attempt to show bravery and step on the planet's battleground.

will be waiting.

I dont run from anybody. Im in ilum right now if you want to duel. I been camping rep base since 7:00am this morning killing you guys whenever you attempt to show bravery and step on the planet's battleground.

will be waiting.

Oh? really?

Since 7 am..on thursday..

NICE LIFE YA GOT THERE, get a job already

as for the nameless guy that says i ran from him. He didnt show up...

Anyways trolls would be trolls...

I think the problem is the name Assassin. I think they gave it with the intention of keeping up with the lore of Darth Maul who wielded a double-bladed lightsaber and who was an Assassin. Yet I believe they didnt have the intent on making an Assassin Assassinate anything.

Skill > Spec

I have played all three specs (31 pt versions) extensively, though mostly Deception. Currently 31 Madness. Yes, Madness. I queue mostly solo, so I don't have a pocket healer focused on me. I rely on charity heals from randoms, or I don't get them. I lead every WZ in medals, damage, kills, whatever.

You blame your inability to compete with a spec on the spec when you should be looking within. There are plenty of people in this thread who have offered their opinions on the spec that contradict your experience.

A poor carpenter blames his tools. A good carpenter can work well even with poor tools.

Good luck in your warzones, by all means use whatever spec allows you to play your style, but coming in here and claiming the spec is poor because you're bad at it just makes you look like a fool.

Though only noobs would think group vs group combat is PvP.

Out of that entire post, this is what popped out at me. So, apparently I'm a noob, because a group of people, vs another group of people would be called player vs player, thats what PvP stands for. So, your saying a group of players, vs another group of players, is not PvP?

I'm sorry, but... really? That makes no sense at all. I guess I'm just a noob.

Or are you one of those people that thinks PvP is 1v1? But I guess if you did, I wouldn't be the noob, you would. Since 1v1 is never balanced.