Announcing The Old Republic Guild Summit

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I truly can't believe that people are ignorant of the fact what it would cost, $2000+ for me, to fly out to Texas.

Let me take a wild guess, you have either a well paying job, live in America or are just trolling. Which is it?

So then, oh, I don't know... don't go?

I would love to come as i'm actually an educated game designer and would be really fun to talk about the game and also voice my concerns. However i'm a swede and thus a ticket over there is a bit more than i can afford :(

Btw, is Jeferson on your team now? Yes i know bioware is kind of a big company but just thought i should ask ;D

Edited by Legion_

So then, oh, I don't know... don't go?

Im not Mr. Cleverclogs. I cannot afford to go, if i could then i quite possibly would consider it. However that still does not alter the fact that a Summit in Austin is essentially alienation of the European fanbase, that is without even mentioning the whole "Guild Leaders Only" debate that has cropped up on here.

Surely it would of made much more sense to have two Summit's, a US one and an EU one. This would allow them to invite more people overall and would significantly reduce the cost incurred to the punter.

To get from where i am on those dates would cost, as i said previously, around $2000. If there was, as suggested elsewhere in this thread, an alternative Summit in Amsterdam for example then i could go there for as little as $50.

Hell, don't let me stop people from twisting common sense into something else entirely.

Not the worst idea BW have had in a while tbh. Two things of note though... I hope this is NOT a smoke screen to give them time to sweep issues under the floor till then or to delay any pressing forthcoming fixes/implementations....

and secondly, I have very little faith in BW selection policy looking back at Beta and the amount of problems and issues that have been on-going since that time. How do I know if my leader is not selected that my views and concerns will be properly represented by Bioware's 'selection' policy e.g. inviting leaders from guilds who slap BW on the back at every turn and are too blinkered to see things for what they are??

I share your fears on the second part. My biggest complaint with Bioware is that they have a tendency to listen to only those who agree with them *cough legacy surname, limited species selection cough* At times during beta I saw group think at its finest.

Great, so the mega guilds will be the only ones to get a say.

Can you say more hardmode raid content? Yawn

Its comments like these that amaze me on a daily bases. Read the update, my lord. It states all kinds of guilds are getting invites, PVP included.

Also, this is a great way to get honest, constructive feedback. I am sorry, but the leaders of big guilds are going to give better feedback than any random whiner on the forums.

I can't believe anyone finds something wrong with this. This is exactly what WoW does EVERY EXPANSION and even did before releasing. This will be excellent for the future of TOR.

Edited by Starglide

Im not Mr. Cleverclogs. I cannot afford to go, if i could then i quite possibly would consider it. However that still does not alter the fact that a Summit in Austin is essentially alienation of the European fanbase, that is without even mentioning the whole "Guild Leaders Only" debate that has cropped up on here.

Surely it would of made much more sense to have two Summit's, a US one and an EU one. This would allow them to invite more people overall and would significantly reduce the cost incurred to the punter.

To get from where i am on those dates would cost, as i said previously, around $2000. If there was, as suggested elsewhere in this thread, an alternative Summit in Amsterdam for example then i could go there for as little as $50.

Hell, don't let me stop people from twisting common sense into something else entirely.

Here's some common sense for you. BW is based in Austin. Is it common sense for them to give their game developers multiple days off and pay thousands of dollars to send them to EU, or to have the players come to them?

Maybe if the summit is successful they'll consider having one in EU, but to expect that they'd be willing to do that on the first pass is unrealistic.

First, even if I could afford it, I refuse to.

Second, this doesn't alienate Europeans, it alienates everyone who isn't one of the chosen guild leaders. You honestly think North Americans aren't as put out by this? Like all an American, Canadian, or Mexican has to do, is walk across the street.

The only people that will go, are the same sheeple that payed thousands to go to Blizzcon (i.e. a giant walk-in commercial for stuff they already buy) every year.

A sucker is born every minute, and many of them seem to love paying large sums of money to people, they already pay large sums of money to, just for the privilege of having the later ignore their ideas face to face.

Do I really need to sit in a hotel with these guys, and say "Hey you know all that stuff that people say on the forums? DO THAT!"

Edited by Fiachsidhe

A sucker is born every minute, and many of them seem to love paying large sums of money to people, they already pay large sums of money to, just for the privilege of having the later ignore their ideas face to face.

1.) Since when are people paying BW to go to this summit?

2.) If the monthly fee for SWTOR is really that much of a hardship for you, maybe you shouldn't be playing. MMOs are one of the cheapest hobbies you can have.

Wow....people will complain about anything.

Jeezuz folks. Bioware is making a cool gesture and they get ripped for it?

Sorry if you feel that by making an opportunity available to some folks they are insulting YOU because you couldn't take advantage of it for whatever reason.

Pretty sad that there's no kind of compensation mentioned in the post. Riot Games invited me to do a 90 minute round table discussion and they're paying me $100. I honestly doubt people (nonlocals) are going to go all the way to Texas out of the kindness of their hearts. Edited by Skin_Job

Wee David Bass just twweeted this:

If you aren't able to make it to Austin for one reason or another, I assure you you won't be left out. Big plans are afoot. #SWTORSummit

So maybe there is another event planned to speak with... I don't know - NON GUILD people :rolleyes:

EDIT:

I would hope they would also be considering those who do not have a guild - unless they believe they don't have any usefull feedback. Hopefully, it's just guild leaders since they are looking to start implementing some other guild features....

One shall see

Edited by rhirne

Wee David Bass just twweeted this:

So maybe there is another event planned to speak with... I don't know - NON GUILD people :rolleyes:

We're right here.

I guess we have invisibility cloaks or something, because Bioware does a damn good job ignoring us. Especially in the beta, when we were TRYING to tell them their game was bugged to hell and back.

But no. Go ask guild leaders instead of fixing what the vast majority of players desperately need and CONSTANTLY ask for.

Edited by StrikeOfLight

I swear, even if Bioware were to offer every single subscriber to TOR an all expenses paid trip to Austin TX to preview the offices, get a free copy of the CE, talk with the developers about how to improve the game, a billion ingame credits, and a small pony, they would complain about the event being overcrowded. Some people will just never be happy.

1.) Since when are people paying BW to go to this summit?

2.) If the monthly fee for SWTOR is really that much of a hardship for you, maybe you shouldn't be playing. MMOs are one of the cheapest hobbies you can have.

You totally got me detective, well played. I simply misspoke. That totally defeats the crux of my point.

You aren't paying them more money, you're simply paying your own money, to do their job for them, and give them ideas for their game, while those ideas are used to make billions. You're right though, we're not literally handing them money. Ya' got me.

Also if your entire counter argument is "U just mad cuz U can't afford games" then do yourself a favor and quit now, while you're behind.

Just because I have the money in my account, doesn't mean I can just throw it at anything. There is a difference between having the money, and justifying a purchase.

I can afford the game, I can't justify spending more money just to repeat what everyone here has told them.

I'm not going to pay money just for the "privilege" of brainstorming ideas that have already been brainstormed and given to them.

Edited by Fiachsidhe