Do You Like SWTOR In It's Current State? YES/NO

StrikeOfLight

Keep up the good work Strike - you're doing the community a service by working on this poll so hard. Also the fact you're trying to keep it as legit as possible. If only every poster was a good as you.

Thank you sir. I am glad my many hours of tending this thread are being realized.

:)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO

The PvP is so boring! and implemented very poorly, which seems to be the case in nearly every aspect of this game besides the story.

I can't believe I waited nearly 2-3 years for this. Sub is over soon and haven't logged in for days; trying to keep some hope that a miracle will happen.

Oh well

If I may ask for a favor:

I have worked extraordinarily hard on this thread, and it so happens that a troll who came in about page 30-40 decided to mark the rating of this thread down somewhat to spite me. The vast majority of his posts have since been removed by the moderators.

If any of you are looking for a way to thank me, giving me what you feel is right in a rating on this thread would be gratifying.

To rate this thread, create a response to this thread and scroll down to "additional options" below the submit/preview buttons. There is a tool at the very bottom that will allow you to give a rating to this thread accordingly.

Thank you, and I hope everyone has thoroughly enjoyed this thread so far.

Continue on.

Edited by StrikeOfLight

~~~~~~~~~~

CURRENT TOTALS:

212 for NO

236 for YES

37 for UNDECIDED

~~~~~~~~~~

That was a LONG and confusing count. Updated from page 26 to current page. Remained as accurate as possible. Updating periodically, continue on.

I bet you're wishing they'd just enable polls on the forums again... ;)

Edited by daemian

Yes.

SWTOR breaks the forever-old MMO Paradigm and dared to do something totally different. I like the game and think Bioware did an awesome job. I would like to see other Developers follow BW's lead and try different things other than just making clones. However, i'm not real siure other developers have the funds nor the talent to put something like this together.

I bet you're wishing they'd just enable polls on the forums again... ;)

You have no idea, sir.

I have counted, re-counted, and triple re-counted everything. If I make a mistake, I start over. From the beginning.

What is more, it is hard to decipher some of the more unclear posts and their intentions/leanings.

I did the absolute best I could to maintain perfect accuracy. And maintain a headache in the process. :p

Edited by StrikeOfLight

Yes.

But people should understand that the state of the game is in flux. It's an MMO that will be improved and tweaked over time.

No. This statement is untrue. Players only sit on their hands and wait and hope the game will be improved and tweaked.

This thread is showing inconsistency as a whole and should show pvp vs pvp voting input. Most of the YES votes have been for the pve/single player/roll player vote.

Their are no pvpers happy with this game.

I'm just stunned, that it's appears impossible to make the servers different. Why can't the whole game now be crunched into pve, which is what is really is. And create a few very cool, hardcore pvp servers. You can make both communities happy..

Also, I also /agree with earlier post that consular/inquistor spells are not mirror, there is HUGE BIAS toward empire by bioware. inquistor spells / sorcerer's are OP and consular's and the republic got gimped. Even the choice of skin color, horn color and races are not even as cool as empire.

Where are rodian, Mon Calamari, Bothan, Trandoshan, Sullustan and Ithorian playable races? You can't tell me 60% of players didn't except to have Wookiee as a player race? come on.

We also need, customizeable macros, record abilities, emotes etc. and assign to an icon for our quick bar. example. target self + cast shield equals one macro.

No. This statement is untrue. Players only sit on their hands and wait and hope the game will be improved and tweaked.

This thread is showing inconsistency as a whole and should show pvp vs pvp voting input. Most of the YES votes have been for the pve/single player/roll player vote.

I'm just stunned, that it's appears impossible to make the servers different. Why can't the whole game now be crunched into pve, which is what is really is. And create a few very cool, hardcore pvp servers. You can make both communities happy..

Also, I also /agree with earlier post that consular/inquistor spells are not mirror, there is HUGE BIAS toward empire by bioware. inquistor spells / sorcerer's are OP and consular's and the republic got gimped. Even the choice of skin color, horn color and races are not even as cool as empire.

Where are rodian, Mon Calamari, Bothan, Trandoshan, Sullustan and Ithorian playable races? You can't tell me 60% of players didn't except to have Wookiee as a player race? come on.

We also need, customizeable macros, record abilities, emotes etc. and assign to an icon for our quick bar. example. target self + cast shield equals one macro.

Please limit cross-talk wherever possible between those who disagree or agree with your stance.

Thank you.

Please don't speak for everyone. As you have no idea what everyone else thinks. I PvP in every MMO I have ever played...and I have played a bunch of them...and still do. I PvP way more than I PVE in an MMO to include SWTOR. The PvP here is quite fun. You may just need to practice a little more. It's not that hard.

Edited by Klarick

Please don't speak for everyone.

^^^

Please limit cross-chatter to keep this thread a cut-above all other threads of this type. A yes or no answer and a small summary is sufficient, and helps keep this thread easy to read and interesting to read.

Thank you. :)

Edited by StrikeOfLight

^^^

Please limit cross-chatter to keep this thread a cut-above all other threads of this type. A yes or no answer and a small summary is sufficient, and helps keep this thread easy to read and interesting to read.

Thank you. :)

Understood. But your "Fun Meter" in your sig-block makes me question your motive.

I didn't read the posts before me, just adding my thoughts.

I like it enough to keep playing, needs a lot of work though.

Seems like end games needs more work. (Illium can be boring)

no Guild banks, (***?)

Space combat needs an upgrade or something.

and just fixes all around.

Still, going to keep playing, it will only get better.

Understood. But your "Fun Meter" in your sig-block makes me question your motive.

My only goal is to make a thread with hundreds of opinions spread out across diverse players/playstyles that someone at Bioware might be interested in reading/printing. End goal being the developers see their strengths, (YES votes), and the weaknesses, (NO votes) and work on them accordingly.

Such is my motive as plain as I can type it. Also why I have invested about 7 hours into it.

Thus far, I am pleased with the results. Excellent work everyone, and thank you for keeping this discussion mostly polite and civil so far.

Edited by StrikeOfLight

Yes.

SWTOR breaks the forever-old MMO Paradigm and dared to do something totally different. I like the game and think Bioware did an awesome job. I would like to see other Developers follow BW's lead and try different things other than just making clones. However, i'm not real siure other developers have the funds nor the talent to put something like this together.

Bioware designed an MMO with there single player game design. The MMO portion of SWTOR is pretty freakin bad. End game content is unfinished and buggy and there is no semblance of PvP class balance, not to mention the animation bugs.

How in gods name would you ever want other MMO devs to release SWTOR is? Do you like shiny objects and stare at them all day? because that's all the cinematic are. And even those have the same 7 VO's for every single npc that talks.

My only goal is to make a thread with hundreds of opinions spread out across diverse players/playstyles that someone at Bioware might be interested in reading/printing. End goal being the developers see their strengths, (YES votes), and the weaknesses, (NO votes) and work on them accordingly.

Such is my motive as plain as I can type it. Also why I have invested about 7 hours into it.

Thus far, I am pleased with the results. Excellent work everyone, and thank you for keeping this discussion mostly polite and civil so far.

I dont know if I believe you; but you dont need my belief. What I believe. is that you have created a thread that you can bump, by posting, "updates", to keep your thread on page one and avoid a "bumping" warning.

Pretty clever I must say.

Note: Bioware knows exactly how many people like their game and who doesn't like their game. They look at sales figures and subcription numbers. Basically they use facts.

Edited by Klarick

No

My reasons are pretty similar to every reason for NO that people have posted in this thread.

Also I have noticed a few posters saying 'yes' and then going onto the things the game needs (which is a little contradictory). They could be considered as undecided as well.

No

My reasons are pretty similar to every reason for NO that people have posted in this thread.

Also I have noticed a few posters saying 'yes' and then going onto the things the game needs (which is a little contradictory). They could be considered as undecided as well.

If they do not make their stance clear enough, some of them are.

I dont know if I believe you; but you dont need my belief. What I believe. is that you have created a thread that you can bump, by posting, "updates", to keep your thread on page one and avoid a "bumping" warning.

Pretty clever I must say.

Note: Bioware knows exactly how many people like their game and who doesn't like their game. They look at sales figures and subcription numbers. Basically they use facts.

You can trust him Kalrick. His count is as accurate as it can be. He wouldn't spend so much time counting pages and pages of votes, some of which come with wordy text just to say yes or no, to troll the forums. His imagery depicting his dissatisfaction is simply how he chooses to display it. Better than a ranty post eh?