Do You Like SWTOR In It's Current State? YES/NO

StrikeOfLight

No.

Lifeless feel to worlds

Boring, repetative combat

Boring, crafting system with hugely annoying companion mission completion announcements

Dead economy due to useless GTN

Static inflexible UI

Social aspects of MMO feel tacked on at the last minute and poorly implemented too

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall, no.

The class missions are good, but most other missions are very repititive.

The traveling from zone to zone is awful, the UI needs a lot of work, the GTN is usable but awful. I feel like I'm playing a beta version of this game.

I have really enjoyed lvl'ing all my chars to 50. I don't enjoy pvp, so not much to do now except crafting. I hope they bring in some player housing so we can decorate and have things we can collect. I LOVED SWG, with the housing, decorating etc. I also played Ultima Online years ago and loved the housing, decorating etc in that game :) I will continue to play and hope for some new things to do in the future. BTW you have done a great job so far, very smooth launch and no crashing, etc :)

Yes.

I find the game enjoyable in its current state. I've encountered just about every issue in some way, shape, or form, from ability delays to FPS lose, and it hasn't had a severe impact on my enjoyment of the game.

That said, like any other player whose been with a game since launch, I look forward to improvements and additions.

Star Wars: The Old Republic has a very solid foundation.

DON'T COUNT THIS I HAVE ALREADY VOTED!!!!

DON'T COUNT THIS I HAVE ALREADY VOTED!!!!

Just wanted to add that the results may not look amazing (i have un-subbed and prob won't resub) doesn't mean the game is dead.

this game has massive potential and this thread is amazing for US the player and BW to get a feel for what's wrong with the game and right.

MASSIVE props to the op for this thread, is a great read.

NO.

- No exploit protection(WZ full of exploiters, don't belive?, search on elitepvpers forums)

- Craft useless on 50.

- World empty( fight only 8 siths on my way to 50)

- Ilum slideshow

- Hutball nightmare for melee

- Sorc/Sage are immortal

- Valor exploit

- Patchs release without testing.

- Companion bugs( Have to release/summon it an lot of times to avoid stuck)

- Disconnects in the middle of WZ (loose all my medals, valor etc)

- People spam dots to prevent you to take the civil war turret( You can kill him, but they come back before the dot stop ticking, i'm not healer).

- WZ wint not counting to daily.

- Ability delay/bug (My self heal abilities, self shield, i have to select my own char or they dont fire).

- Guard need a nerf.

- Resolve bar broke.

- Pulse Cannon broke (Target in front of me, i use it and never hit).

- Bad UI (hard to track dots, procs, etc)

- Too many load screens.

Unsubed too.

Edited by MaykoSartor

Q: Do you like SWTOR in it's current state?

~No talk about/comparison to wow.

~No flaming/arguing. You get your say, everyone else gets their say too.

~If someone annoys you, IGNORE THEM. You have your opinion, they have theirs.

~No fanboyism and/or hater banter.

Just a simple YES or NO answer with a brief description of why you feel that way. This should give a clear look at the current mood of this forum with regards to SWTOR in it's current state.

GO.

YES. Because it is fun and has massive potential.

Edited by Fiachsidhe

Even though I have not yet unsubbed and am still playing, its only because of my guild right now and just waiting for GW 2 to be released.

My gripes:

Ability delay-HUGE problem, especially for melee classes

Loading screens and the pointless amount of time it takes to just get to your ship

Static and lifeless worlds, they remind me of Kirkwall in DA 2

PVP bag system and comm rewards is a broken system and needs to be changed

Ilum is a joke...I don't need to say more on this

UI is poorly done and the customization should have been there at release

No combat log

Faction imbalance which leads to dead PVP or Imperials doing nothing but playing huttball all the time

Servers need to be merged for dead and or light pops, which I guess can be the same as my above statement.

Of course the many, many, many bugs I have come across that I am not going to list because it would turn into novel instead of a thread post.

Yes.

Even though the game has a tremendous amount of bugs littering about, I manage look past it and have a blast questing and doing flashpoints and the like. To me, it's just the beginning of the game, and I really am looking forward to see how the game will be once all the "major" bugs get cleared up and the game running smooth as pie.

Q: Do you like SWTOR in it's current state?

NO

• Game on rails, way too linear.
  • Travel time sink and loading screens are killing me.
  • World feels lifeless
  • UI is lame
  • No World PvP
  • Very poor character body customization
  • Due to very few gear choices and no gear dyes we all look like twins or clowns
  • End game gear is awful, especially horns and shoulder flaps.
  • Republic story and gear isn't appealing
  • Dark/Light choices are poor
  • World quests are boring due to lack of choices and feels old very fast
  • In game shadows are awful
  • Tunnel shooter is a joke
  • I miss Pazaak

< Between YES and NO, i love the game itself its really fun, however, what bugs me is the lack of attention they give there customers(like really beside *servers are being shut down at 2am) what else have they really said... and the lack of fixing even minor bugs in the game, not to mention everytime there's a patch they mess something else up along with that, that being said... they have till the 20th, when my sub ends, and if they dont start picking up the slack, i wont be paying for another month

Yes, I enjoy the game.

Sure, it has flaws, but even the best games have their own flaws, and can be improved.

TOR, relative to most MMOs at launch (Rift being the exception that proves the general rule), it's fairly polished, without a lot of bugs, and with a LOT of content. It's also pumping content and fixes out faster than most devs, while still having generally less downtime.

The story is well-written, and I like the themes for all the classes. I can connect to my characters, and see them as actual people, more easily than most games, TES and Fallout included.

I really haven't run into an game-breaking bugs, like I have in other MMOs at launch. So, I'm fairly happy with the technical state of the game, especially since the worst bug I've gotten is a minor annoyance, at worst.

The PvP is also fairly entertaining, and IS dependent on skill and teamwork, at least in the 1-49 bracket. I can't count the times where we got pounded because the team did NOT work together. Other times we worked like a well-oiled machine and tore the other team up. Huttball is also pretty interesting, and I find the lay-out and focus on utility over damage to be interesting.

So, yes, I enjoy the game. A lot, in fact, to the extent that I would rate it as one of my favorite games.

No

There isn't anything that stands out in the game. Apart from being in SW universe and good voice acting, everything else is pretty much standard MMO stuff.

Way too much down time at the moment, 2 or 3 maintenance in a week. I understand this is a new MMO etc, but still, fix on fixes and on fixes, when this is not really something revolutionary.