Playing as a 50 operative and a 50 sorc

haterglowstick

Both 7 pieces of champ gear op has 5 cent pieces and the sorc has 3. Rest is all random hm gear. After buff stacking my sorc does more burst dmg than my op does now. Before it was comparable (mind you this is against like geared competition). My sorc has no problem hitting for 5k medal...operative almost never unless I find a 12k random. Sorc has sprint and blowback all on a VERY short timer. Op has a vanish that never works due to dotting which cannot be cured if its not physical or tech AND its on a 2min CD. I'm consistently doing about 200k-250k dmg on the op but the sorc is now doing absurd amounts of dmg anywhere from 250-350k and one huttball I hit 453k. Granted I sat up on a ledge and just nuked the **** out of noobs but still....I could NEVER do that on an OP.

Having said all that, in my experience I would say that operative takes about 9 times the skill of a sorc. Sorc is really just get range and nuke over and over. Theres like 10 whole buttons to hit this mmo is a joke compared to others I've played. But how for the life of me did you come up with the idea of limiting dmg on the class that has more against it than any other. Its kind of insane. I was expecting a gap closer of some kind to equal the sniper blowback in exchange but WOW. I think DEVs are not factoring in the actual benefit utility skills factor into a classes 'worth'. Why do some classes get 1 with an extremely long timer vs other classes who have several at extremely short timers? Why do warriors, jk, ia, smug get the short end of the stick here with low sustained dmg and 1 utility item?

Not to mention I'm now FORCED by my guild to run my sorc in raid. Its nothing personal. They know it and I know that it does more dmg AND from range. Its not a matter of 'L2P my "one button" class'. It is fact. PvE conc ops are just no longer relevant. Why am I FORCED into a healing spec if I want to be able to play with my friends? This does not seem like balance to me.

I just have to say *** blizzard....I mean bioware?

P.S. They actually did us a favor by jarring strike not filling resolve..in ways it makes my job easier...but now I'm tending to follow **** around forever until its dead or die myself as fights tend to be long and drawn out...which leads me into getting picked off or quadruple teamed where the **** is dead in about half the time with the sorc. And it never gets away...**** I'll use my sprint to catch up with it and its dotted so it aint vanishing.

P.P.S. All the **** you hear about concealment operatives post 1.1 3 shotting or burning everyone down in the 3s stun is garbage. If they did they had horrible gear compared to the aggressor. The situation does not change for ANY class with a strong gear advantage. The lowly geared guy dies in seconds.

tl;dr; Blizzard...I mean Bioware has no clue *** they are doing.

Why am I FORCED into a healing spec if I want to be able to play with my friends?

Not to mention operative healing is also inferior to sorcs, and we're taken to raids simply because there are too many sorcs everywhere and they don't wish to share loot.

I bet you dont spend half the time in stealth on your inquisitor looking for those pesky people that are all alone to kill.

Uptime can make a big difference in numbers.

Yes, he probably does, but that's simply because in mass fight OP is useless. He's the one who gets focused first because guess what, OP's is a frikkin' glass cannon. In a mass fight, I'm 120% sure to get focused the second I pop out of stealth. It actually seems everyone's target gets switched to me as soon as I open on someone. No matter how many players are around, everyone hits the OP, because they know he doesn't have any means of escape.

Sorc on the other hand can just stand in safety of 30 meters range, usually also on some kind of cliff, and if someone gets to them, they just knock him away with a 5 sec root afterwards. And if that's not enough, they also got force speed AND 30 meters range stun.

Both 7 pieces of champ gear op has 5 cent pieces and the sorc has 3. Rest is all random hm gear. After buff stacking my sorc does more burst dmg than my op does now. Before it was comparable (mind you this is against like geared competition). My sorc has no problem hitting for 5k medal...operative almost never unless I find a 12k random. Sorc has sprint and blowback all on a VERY short timer. Op has a vanish that never works due to dotting which cannot be cured if its not physical or tech AND its on a 2min CD. I'm consistently doing about 200k-250k dmg on the op but the sorc is now doing absurd amounts of dmg anywhere from 250-350k and one huttball I hit 453k. Granted I sat up on a ledge and just nuked the **** out of noobs but still....I could NEVER do that on an OP.

Having said all that, in my experience I would say that operative takes about 9 times the skill of a sorc. Sorc is really just get range and nuke over and over. Theres like 10 whole buttons to hit this mmo is a joke compared to others I've played. But how for the life of me did you come up with the idea of limiting dmg on the class that has more against it than any other. Its kind of insane. I was expecting a gap closer of some kind to equal the sniper blowback in exchange but WOW. I think DEVs are not factoring in the actual benefit utility skills factor into a classes 'worth'. Why do some classes get 1 with an extremely long timer vs other classes who have several at extremely short timers? Why do warriors, jk, ia, smug get the short end of the stick here with low sustained dmg and 1 utility item?

Not to mention I'm now FORCED by my guild to run my sorc in raid. Its nothing personal. They know it and I know that it does more dmg AND from range. Its not a matter of 'L2P my "one button" class'. It is fact. PvE conc ops are just no longer relevant. Why am I FORCED into a healing spec if I want to be able to play with my friends? This does not seem like balance to me.

P.S. They actually did us a favor by jarring strike not filling resolve..in ways it makes my job easier...but now I'm tending to follow **** around forever until its dead or die myself as fights tend to be long and drawn out...which leads me into getting picked off or quadruple teamed where the **** is dead in about half the time with the sorc. And it never gets away...**** I'll use my sprint to catch up with it and its dotted so it aint vanishing.

P.P.S. All the **** you hear about concealment operatives post 1.1 3 shotting or burning everyone down in the 3s stun is garbage. If they did they had horrible gear compared to the aggressor. The situation does not change for ANY class with a strong gear advantage. The lowly geared guy dies in seconds.

just need to say it one more time I guess. Saying your class is fine by saying another class is broken is an invalid argument.

yet again I say the argument of, "I'm Rock, Nerf Paper, Scissors is fine", is useless.

You are wrong, that simple.

You are wrong, that simple.

How is he wrong? He's giving his opinion based on his own experience.

If I went to a theme park and said I had a bad time and the rides sucked, you can simply reply with "you are wrong, that simple"...

rolfcopter

How is he wrong? He's giving his opinion based on his own experience.

If I went to a theme park and said I had a bad time and the rides sucked, you can simply reply with "you are wrong, that simple"...

rolfcopter

That made me LoL.

Gotta love when the smug get mugged.

This raises another question, isn't sorc, who has a lot of CC, high damage skills, heals, shield, knockback, dash and so on, overpowered compared to other classes? Before the nerf, operatives were ridiculous. They could pretty much kill squishy classes before they had a chance to fight back. That's a bad design. Everyone should have a chance to fight back.

I don't really see your point when you are telling that you can do more damage with a class, that is constantly spamming skills, than with one that is a rogue class who pops out of stealth, kills a guy and goes into stealth again.

Before the nerf operatives could do 10k dmg with one skill. Doesn't matter if the guy is undergeared or noob, it's still pretty lame when you can instakill someone who was laying on the ground.

Sorcerers slice like butter on my OP, but then I'm not a keyboard turner.

People so often ignore how squishy sorcs/sages are. Yes, they get a bubble, but it's not always on, and when it's not, they go down very quickly. They get all those tools people complain about because without them they would fold like paper. I think their tools make them capable, and I think all classes should be similarly capable. I would not like to see sorcs diminished because they are where I think a class should be in power.

Id like to see sorcs nerfed because they deserve it way more than OPS ever did.

They nerfed the least played class in the entire game that has no real useful utility or sustained damage.

They took the only thing it ever did have - a short string of burst damage out of stealth.

Left the class with crap - OPS are so f'ing useless its hard to fathom. I assume the Bioware team has literally no people on their team playing OPS in level 50 PVP for research purposes because the class is such junk now.

I haven't quit the game yet but am probably going to let my sub expire this month - having spent the past 2 months leveling my OP (least played class in the game which is why I chose it) to 50 and then have it made into a piece of crap. I don't feel the need to pay $15 a month while I wait for them to get around to fixing it in a few months.

fights tend to be long and drawn out...which leads me into getting picked off or quadruple teamed where the **** is dead in about half the time with the sorc. .

i dont play either class so i do not know the state currently,. I will also agree that sorcs do at least seem OP in warzones from my (jugg) perspective

but why would you think that you should have any sort of shot against in a 1v4? that sounds like overexpecting to me.

Its a team game, and you are right fights are longer. Whoever has help come first SHOULD win, shouldnt they? and if help does not come, then its a 1v1

I wouldnt last more than a couple seconds against 4 other players on my jugg, why should anyone?

They nerfed the least played class in the entire game that has no real useful utility or sustained damage.

They took the only thing it ever did have - a short string of burst damage out of stealth.

Left the class with crap - OPS are so f'ing useless its hard to fathom. I assume the Bioware team has literally no people on their team playing OPS in level 50 PVP for research purposes because the class is such junk now.

I haven't quit the game yet but am probably going to let my sub expire this month - having spent the past 2 months leveling my OP (least played class in the game which is why I chose it) to 50 and then have it made into a piece of crap. I don't feel the need to pay $15 a month while I wait for them to get around to fixing it in a few months.

Unsubbing because some class got changed to bad? There is NO SINGLE mmo, that has the classes balanced and devs always try to adjust stuff. Remember WoW when rogues were OP? Then they nerfed them and other class became FotM. Just give them some time. However, the OPs were always too strong. How can class, which can kill people in 4,5 seconds, be considered as a well designed? Perhaps they hit operatives/scoundrels too hard, but I can bet they will adjust stuff as the time passes.

L2P! My sorc gets cut up pretty quick when im up against a player that knows what he/she is doing, no matter what the class is!

People crying for nefs drive me nutz!

They would me too, if i would be a Sorc.

Stop calling for nerfs, people. Call for enhancements to other classes instead. As I said earlier, I think sorcs are where a class should be power-wise, so I think they should be the benchmark, not lowered to some other less capable benchmark. All the nerf-mongering just leads down a path to a collection of gimped classes that nobody feels like playing anymore.

Stop calling for nerfs, people. Call for enhancements to other classes instead. As I said earlier, I think sorcs are where a class should be power-wise, so I think they should be the benchmark, not lowered to some other less capable benchmark. All the nerf-mongering just leads down a path to a collection of gimped classes that nobody feels like playing anymore.

Must play a sorc. Meh my class got nerfed into oblivion im going to make sure to QQ as much a possible so that BH and sorc get hit next. After-all its fair after you all came to forums to get our one trick pony nerfed.

Op has a vanish that never works due to dotting which cannot be cured if its not physical or tech AND its on a 2min CD. I'm consistently doing about 200k-250k dmg on the op but the sorc is now doing absurd amounts of dmg anywhere from 250-350k and one huttball I hit 453k. Granted I sat up on a ledge and just nuked the **** out of noobs but still....I could NEVER do that on an OP.

1. Evasion removes all debuffs that can be removed, even non-physical/tech ones. You can also use it in stealth, so you can vanish then pop it and you'll stay in stealth.

2. I can get close to 500K dmg on my Op, with my average around 350K. I know Sorcs can do much more, but my damage is all single target damage, while they have tons of dot/aoe damage, which can be easily healed through.

I do agree that in Huttball, Op's could use some help because of all the ledges and the absurd number of knockbacks.

Edited by Pinworms

Must play a sorc. Meh my class got nerfed into oblivion im going to make sure to QQ as much a possible so that BH and sorc get hit next. After-all its fair after you all came to forums to get our one trick pony nerfed.

I do play a sorc. And a merc. And an operative. And many other alts lower than those three. I have never called for a nerf on any class or skill. I hate the concept of nerfs entirely because it lowers the baseline instead of raising it.

My sorc and merc do seem easier and powerful, but that power should be what all classes get. Some people want more challenge, so I'm okay with some classes being mechanically more complicated, but all classes should feel capable and powerful. If you want more challenge besides a complex class, then gimp your gear or solo group quests or whatever, but don't go asking for your class to be nerfed because that just punishes those who don't necessarily play like you do.

Don't we all want to feel strong and heroic in this game? So why not focus on what needs to be bolstered instead of whining about some class needing a trim? Let's get everyone pulled up to a good baseline instead of everyone pulled down to a mediocre one.

sorcs will get nerfed soon. not worried

+1

I can't wait for the MASS tears to start raining from the NOOBS who rolled them since they were the OP flavor of the month.

...on the other hand.. if they stay OP'ed... the noobs will play the SI's and not flood the other classes.

Edited by Blaaine

+1

I can't wait for the MASS tears to start raining from the NOOBS who rolled them since they were the OP flavor of the month.

...on the other hand.. if they stay OP'ed... the noobs will play the SI's and not flood the other classes.

Let me repeat what I JUST SAID:

"Let's get everyone pulled up to a good baseline instead of everyone pulled down to a mediocre one."

Why can't everyone get on board with such a sentiment instead of being immaturely vengeful or spiteful and wishing for others to get cut down?

And I'm tired of all the holier-than-thou jerks that paint everyone who picks a class as a noob looking for easytown. Whereas they of course took their class because it was the most challenging, not because of how it looked or the power it promised or whatever draws the lesser beings they see around them.