Internet vs. TOR, the anti-TOR movement

Thaltom

Right...cause the internet is a single entity. Or maybe people are just upset because bioware has **** all over star wars?

^

Less tin-foil hat, more logging in and opening your eyes, please, fanboys. There is no conspiracy. The game is beyond mediocre and we're insulted they're requesting we pay a subscription fee. This won't change until the game is pretty much re-done from the ground up.

The author of this is laughable. He claims that all criticism is something conspirative because it all began before even the game was launched. While this is true, it's totally legit. There were already negative aspects you could pick even before you could play the game. One of the most negative remarks was the voice acting and the lack of comments on PvP. Now we know why there was a lack of information about PvP, because it's basically nonexistent, making this criticizm valid. Same goes for voice acting and animations. Animations are still bad, while voice acting was an indicator, that they put too much effort in the wrong direction. The game still lacks depth!

After playing the game most concerns became true and the laughable author of that article is spamming logic fallacies at every corner of his paragraphs. I'd rather call it an mother-theresa-syndrome.

Who cares what people say? If you like the game then play it. If you don't, then don't play it. The most important thing is do not be sheep.

Bioware should care, as well as the people who enjoy playing.

What if you consider buying the game, but all you read is about how absolutly horrible this game is and that it's failing badly.

While in fact it may have some issues but many many people are ingame enjoying it a lot.

I am thinking there's a lot of people who may have decided not to get the game due to theseextreme haters who blow things up out of proportions and throw all kinds of false facts around.

The only thing worse than people intentionally trying to destroy the game are people such as the author defending it. The game has some redeeming qualities, the biggest and most obvious is being a Star Wars game, the game is OK, not good and definately not outstanding by any stretch.

Star Wars is the only thing saving this game and that's a fact.

AGAIN, I'll say: The only thing making the e-hate on TOR is the fools dashing about playing victim on Bioware's behalf.

Forum seeding works two ways, by the way. Don't you think for even a fraction of a second that Bioware didn't have firms spamming MMO forums and MMO chat with TOR hype.

That's probably true.

But there still has to be a logical explanation for the mass illiterate rage that's pervaded this forum.

/v/ sound right.

Bioware should care, as well as the people who enjoy playing.

What if you consider buying the game, but all you read is about how absolutly horrible this game is and that it's failing badly.

While in fact it may have some issues but many many people are ingame enjoying it a lot.

I am thinking there's a lot of people who may have decided not to get the game due to theseextreme haters who blow things up out of proportions and throw all kinds of false facts around.

Then maybe BioWare will get what it's deserved. Don't release a crappy game just to make money. Maybe they'll learn a lesson. Don't accept mediocrity.

I don't know why some people want TOR to fail. I am NOT going back to warcraft and what is the next big MMO? if this doesn't work out. I think it would be safe to say nothing would satisfy my thirst for adventure in MMO and 4chan is just a troll group of people that have no lives and low to hound other people for no reason.

Well, we know the Tortanic meme came off /v/.

And most of the hate for this game comes in the form of incoherent rants almost as wholely devoid of substance as they are of comprehensibility.

I'm not going to accuse anyone in particular, but the case seems legit to me.

Uhhhm, what does /v/ mean? Sorry for being unaware of that.

Oh, i'm not saying that a lot of the unreasoning hate isn't planned, clearly some of it is. Just that it seems easy to blame things on 4chan specifically when I can'tt see them as the only group/site/forum whatever they are who are more than actively capable and willing.

All the Star Wars movies are being re-released this year in 3D. Talk about a massive marketing campaign for this game. This game will overtake WOW once a couple of large scale content updates are released, and most of the bugs are gone, because its STAR WARS!

1 Star Wars movie per year being released in 3D. Not all same year.

Also big mouthed trolls and haters always appear more than it actually is but still able to put enuff hate out to influence players.

Hello everyone,

We are going to go ahead and close this thread. We ask that threads on the forums are centered around discussion of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

As this thread is about the internet in general, we are going to close this thread as off topic.

Thank you.