PVP is dying fast

Mallorik

You better do something about it fast Bioware, get out of reverse and fix it fast or you wont be able to plug all of the holes. The gear disparrity in wz's is just crushing the game, matching groups of battlemasters vs people in greens and mod gear is a joke and crushing the wz's.

You already made this ten times worse by power leveling one side with valor and extrra dailies on ilum now its starting to show after a couple of weeks, how bad do you think this will get by the time you get around to fixing it in a month or two? do you think people will come back? did they come back to warhammer?

You better do something about it fast Bioware, get out of reverse and fix it fast or you wont be able to plug all of the holes. The gear disparrity in wz's is just crushing the game, matching groups of battlemasters vs people in greens and mod gear is a joke and crushing the wz's.

You already made this ten times worse by power leveling one side with valor and extrra dailies on ilum now its starting to show after a couple of weeks, how bad do you think this will get by the time you get around to fixing it in a month or two? do you think people will come back? did they come back to warhammer?

PvP implementation in this game is in many ways a joke as they managed to screw up totally with how the expertise works. Expertise means too much compared to normal gear and that causes problems for the freshly 50's that has no expertise stat compared to those who has maxed it. Faction imbalance only adds to the problem and isn't something that is easy fixed. Problems like this with the PvP system simply doesn't have a super easy fix that will please everyone. The fix is there, but it will piss off a bunch of people no matter what approach they choose towards it.

The PvP between level 10 to 49 is simply some of the best PvP I have had in a theme park MMO, gear doesn't matter more then player skills and it is a ton of fun. However once you enter 50 bracket the one thing that matters is gear, without gear you will be a punching ball until you manage to get enough bits to compete yourself. And that can take a long time depending on your luck.

If they sort out PvP it is one of the elements that would attract me to come back as I have found my assassin and shadow to be by far the most funny class to play in the themepark mmo's I have played so far.

The PvP between level 10 to 49 is simply some of the best PvP I have had in a theme park MMO, gear doesn't matter more then player skills and it is a ton of fun. However once you enter 50 bracket the one thing that matters is gear, without gear you will be a punching ball until you manage to get enough bits to compete yourself. And that can take a long time depending on your luck.

If you think 10-49 is more balance than 50 then you don't really know what you are talking about.

If by luck you mean chain stunning people then yea, but it is not the best pvp I have played in a theme park or any pvp game by a long stretch. Any game that sits you behind a forcefield the majority of the match in between being stun locked and killed is a fail in my book.

I came to this game due the IP and having played most mmo's on the market since Meridian 59. I know good pvp, and this game is a joke in the realm of pvp.

If you think 10-49 is more balance than 50 then you don't really know what you are talking about.

There is nothing a level 10-49 character could possibly have that anyone else can't also get in less than three days (including the level). That alone makes it more balanced by a long shot.

As much as I hate to say it, because I hate WoW and all the WoW kids that are out there crying about how they think every game should just imitate WoW and if it doesn't have those features it's bad... but as much as I hate that, I think the only thing they can do in the immediate future to save PvP is to add Arenas. It makes me grit my teeth just to say that. But people are not even queued up for PvP nearly as much anymore, at least on my server. It's becoming evident that a large portion of the community is shifting their focus more towards PvE, or just trolling the PvP forums about the temptation to unsubscribe to the game... lol.

PvP implementation in this game is in many ways a joke as they managed to screw up totally with how the expertise works. Expertise means too much compared to normal gear and that causes problems for the freshly 50's that has no expertise stat compared to those who has maxed it. Faction imbalance only adds to the problem and isn't something that is easy fixed. Problems like this with the PvP system simply doesn't have a super easy fix that will please everyone. The fix is there, but it will piss off a bunch of people no matter what approach they choose towards it.

If they sort out PvP it is one of the elements that would attract me to come back as I have found my assassin and shadow to be by far the most funny class to play in the themepark mmo's I have played so far.

cry...cry....cry....and cry some more. I was really mad and cried about real issues (suffred really bad from ability lag since I had (bought a quad core) a dual core processor) that was because of the game. However you CAN get 150 expertise (which is probably around 4 to 5% expertise which isnt bad at all) but it wil cost you about 3300 warzone commendations, which is REALLY easy to get if you pvp a lot. also people never use their 15% expertise potions they give from dailies.

People just want to be able to compete with others right away when they have put ZERO time into the game at its top level. OH hey im just hit 50s, PLEASE give me gear to competes with the people who has beended 50 for a month longer then me PWEASE.

Go in their take your beatdown get better then server those fools a large slice of humble pie.

I agree that there is a gear imbalance right now, but on some servers it is starting to balance out now that more people are hitting 50. It will take time for things to totally balance out because people are still largely leveling. My server probably only have about 200 to 300 level 50's on it. 50 to 100 are Republic, 150 to 250 are Sith. Edited by JediMasterBurst

tbh it is cos of bolster. difference between a lvl 10 and a lvl 49 is not even remotely close as difference between a fresh lvl 50 with no gear and a fully geared battlemaster. however u can gear up pretty fast, just pvp 15h a day. problem solved xd

As much as I hate to say it, because I hate WoW and all the WoW kids that are out there crying about how they think every game should just imitate WoW and if it doesn't have those features it's bad... but as much as I hate that, I think the only thing they can do in the immediate future to save PvP is to add Arenas. It makes me grit my teeth just to say that. But people are not even queued up for PvP nearly as much anymore, at least on my server. It's becoming evident that a large portion of the community is shifting their focus more towards PvE, or just trolling the PvP forums about the temptation to unsubscribe to the game... lol.

its not about copying wow, its about having common sense and unfortunately a lot of the things blizzard added made the game fairer for everyone. Hardcores get their stuff, casuals get their stuff and everyone is happy. This game took a big hit the first month (just look at server pops), 2nd month it seems like their alienating even more people that finally hit 50 and now theyre going to leave too. For a game with a sub model, they need to be on top of stuff and fix things quickly. What theyre doing now is what I expect from a game like Diablo 3 or GW2 where waiting does nothing if you can jump back into it a month later.

cry...cry....cry....and cry some more. I was really mad and cried about real issues (suffred really bad from ability lag since I had (bought a quad core) a dual core processor) that was because of the game. However you CAN get 150 expertise (which is probably around 4 to 5% expertise which isnt bad at all) but it wil cost you about 3300 warzone commendations, which is REALLY easy to get if you pvp a lot. also people never use their 15% expertise potions they give from dailies.

People just want to be able to compete with others right away when they have put ZERO time into the game at its top level. OH hey im just hit 50s, PLEASE give me gear to competes with the people who has beended 50 for a month longer then me PWEASE.

Go in their take your beatdown get better then server those fools a large slice of humble pie.

Except that this is unfun for everyone involved. The people doing the stomping get bored because they have no challenge. The people getting stomped get bored because well, no one likes getting stomped.

Imagine when they add sets for rank 80 and rank 100. New 50s will be so far behind stat wise and the grind will be twice as long just to compete. This is not a good strategy to maintain a healthy contingent of PvP subscribers. Just look at Rift.

If you claim to be such a good PvPer, why do you need a stat advantage over fresh 50s? You should be rolling them regardless right?

You have to start somewhere as your gear improves so does the game play

It's like this in most games

I don't see the problem

In wow a fresh 85 in pvp is faceing players in full s11

In bf3 a fresh player is faceing player with all

Mods unlocked

Quit crying knuckle down and get some gear

I feel similarly about the server I am on.

-Weekly comes out and Illum is still dead.

-Queues take a while unless you get a hutball.

-Already nerf bats come out and there are major core functions that still dont work/work well. I feel that some of these will get fixed eventually and the nerfed class/es will become glowingly underpowered as a result.

PvP is becoming the sad step-child of the family; which is sad because I really like to PvP more now that I get less time to play due to life responsibilities. Raiding takes a long time, and some of us just dont have it available.

Not sure what they can do about it without major changes, but thats for them to decide and the rest of us to choose to keep paying them or not.

dying implies it's not already dead.

how much longer until gw2 is out?

I cant wait to try their take on DAOC RvR but cross server instead of cross realm. Will be alot of fun and promote server pride with everyone working together against the other servers.

I think it will promote huge server unity, which right now most games dont, they promote everyone being out for themselves.

why you think some nub off the street should have the same gear as a pvper who has grinded 10,000 warzones since level 10 is beyond me.

oh i get it - go play some first person shooter game - its all 10 minute battles and you have the same gear

leave mmos for grown ups

I don't think the gear makes as big a difference as experienced players in groups vs solo's who are not working as a team.

I played several matches last night where it was a slaughter but I could see what the other side was doing and it was clear they were a team familiar with each other. Anytime someone was taking damage they'd fall back while others came forward. They had a healer who was constantly keep their group healed. And they focus'd their attacks on one person at a time.

What they need to do to make WZ's more enjoyable is make a solo only option because teams vs solo's is terrible. It's going to make people quit. I already question the time spent doing warzones but if this becomes more common, and it probably will, wz's are going to be about as useful as flashpoints are now because you'll have to spend too much time forming a group.

Gear won't save you against a well organized team. In most solo matches there is very little coordination so when just a few guys team up and get organized it has an enormous unbalancing effect.