We Want Dual Spec & We Want it Now

Secka

I am really wanting dual spec on classes. I want to be able to do mission, PvP, and do flash points without having to go respec every time. Also it will make it easier to find people for groups for things. So help me push this subject. Let them know your thoughts.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'm just getting old or something, but i never understood the obsession with "dual-speccing".

What is the point of a game where your choices don't matter? Why not just have everyone be the same and choose to be a Healer/Tank/DPS/Control whenever they please? Why do players expect to be perfectly specced/geared for any and all situations?

WE don't want dual spec, YOU want dual spec.

I'm fine with what I have. People can't even master one single spec, and you want them to have two? Pfffffffffffff, please!

Oh, and stop talking in plural, you don't represent the community, I can't remember having an election for community presidency, and you winning it!

Dual Spec would be very handy for certain classes, and It would be a feature I would certainly use.. best example I can think of would be any of the Duel classes,(sorc) that can say heal or dps.. Dual Spec option would allow us to join a pick up group on the fly and go from DPS to Heal as the group required.. very usefull!!!

I agree. This would be very useful but it might cause problems.

Maybe if there was a limit as to how often you could respec within a giving time period. Like you can have 2 specs but you can only respec once a month. And there should be a cost associated with it also like there is now.

WE dont want it. it is just something that just YOU need.

however it would be easy to implement something that eq2 had which allowed you to have 2 specs. then crafters would have something to craft that raider, pvp or casuals alike could sell and use.

alot of things this game doesnt have yet. people just need to stop wanting a 7 year old game in a two month old one.

I guess I'm just getting old or something, but i never understood the obsession with "dual-speccing".

What is the point of a game where your choices don't matter? Why not just have everyone be the same and choose to be a Healer/Tank/DPS/Control whenever they please? Why do players expect to be perfectly specced/geared for any and all situations?

That's called Guild Wars 2. :D

Wow, I'm shocked usually most want the dual spec but in this thread it's the opposite and I'm happy.

Want a healer? Roll one! Level it and then you have one. I hate every aspect of the dual spec concept and I'm glad they haven't added it (even if they have said it's eventually coming).

I'm glad this topic keeps coming up.

I'm also glad that we are getting dual specialization, because it hurts nothing at all. If you play with someone that doesn't know their stuff, it's not because of dual spec, it's because that person doesn't know how to play.

Dual spec does not hurt diversity, it creates more healers and tanks, which makes the DPS/Healer/Tank ratio more balanced. Y'know, more diverse.

If you really hate dual spec, don't use it. No skin off anyone's back. Or you can quit. I won't mind if you do, really.

I don't want duel spec, in fact I don't think we should get respecs. I think we should take time and read the abilities then make intelligent choices. I think we should just learn to play with what we have created. DS is not in SWtOR and I hope it never gets implemented. Edited by Derfmiolleh

Dual spec would be nice, save me from wasting time rolling both a Sage and Shadow just to experience some play difference. Considering not one NPC cares, not even my companion, what my AC is it might as well not exist.

The biggest reason is that while I prefer the Sage I would like to have a Shadow for PvP. I just don't want to have to do identical content to have both. Again, because no npc nor companion care, let alone my class quest....

I'm glad this topic keeps coming up.

I'm also glad that we are getting dual specialization, because it hurts nothing at all. If you play with someone that doesn't know their stuff, it's not because of dual spec, it's because that person doesn't know how to play.

Dual spec does not hurt diversity, it creates more healers and tanks, which makes the DPS/Healer/Tank ratio more balanced. Y'know, more diverse.

If you really hate dual spec, don't use it. No skin off anyone's back. Or you can quit. I won't mind if you do, really.

Having more doesn't make it better. Actually having played Rift (the first game that gave dual spec out of the box) I found out how bad this can be. People simply moving to a spec because it's easier to get a group and having no idea what they are doing.

Honestly at mid 30's and a Jedi Knight tank spec I have a ton of skills and having been given then over time I have learned when it's best to use what. I don't want someone learning as we are doing heroics because it's just not fair to the rest of the group. Sure some will take the time to learn each skill and figure out what rotations to use but again based on what I experienced on Rift most won't.

I don't want duel spec, in fact I don't think we should get respecs. I think we should take time and read the abilities then make intelligent choices. I think we should just learn to play with what we have created. DS is not in SWtOR and I hope it never gets implemented.

Completely agree, but the truth is that most people here don't read and don't want to make choices like that. They want to be able to do everything, tank, heal, and dps at the same time, which is not how an mmo is supposed to work. If you need a tank for your group go meet one, need heals? Go find a healer, not just, " oh we need a tank, let me change my spec." Man what? If your dps then that is what you are! Should of rolled tank in the first place if that is what you want to play.

No to Dual Specs!!!

Dual spec would be nice, save me from wasting time rolling both a Sage and Shadow just to experience some play difference. Considering not one NPC cares, not even my companion, what my AC is it might as well not exist.

The biggest reason is that while I prefer the Sage I would like to have a Shadow for PvP. I just don't want to have to do identical content to have both. Again, because no npc nor companion care, let alone my class quest....

Because of the huge difference in PvP and PvE as much as I'm against the dual spec I'd be for it if they gave one for PvP and one for PvE.

Having more doesn't make it better. Actually having played Rift (the first game that gave dual spec out of the box) I found out how bad this can be. People simply moving to a spec because it's easier to get a group and having no idea what they are doing.

Honestly at mid 30's and a Jedi Knight tank spec I have a ton of skills and having been given then over time I have learned when it's best to use what. I don't want someone learning as we are doing heroics because it's just not fair to the rest of the group. Sure some will take the time to learn each skill and figure out what rotations to use but again based on what I experienced on Rift most won't.

Again. It's the players fault for not doing the research. It's not the fault of the dual spec system. If I have multiple specializations, it is on ME to learn how to play them correctly. If I don't, I expect to be removed from the group.

Don't get rid of a perfectly good system because an idiot gets a hold of it. There will always be stupid people. Don't punish ME because they aren't capable of playing a second specialization properly.

WE don't want dual spec, YOU want dual spec.

I'm fine with what I have. People can't even master one single spec, and you want them to have two? Pfffffffffffff, please!

Oh, and stop talking in plural, you don't represent the community, I can't remember having an election for community presidency, and you winning it!

WE do want dual spec, YOU want to limit other people's choices. Good for you if you don't want the ability to have two specializations. Them adding it won't effect you in any way shape or form. But them not adding it does effect me and others who like to experiment with new specs and not just use cookie cutter builds. I've already spent over 1m credits on respec's.

Who's "we"?

The only thing I want "now" is for people to stop being so demanding.

I want people to be more demanding. And I am part of the "we" OP described. Pretty much anybody who floats between endgame and pvp content wants dual specs, with the exception of a few people who are comfortable doing both with the same spec. Often that is not the case.