Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Is it just me....

IIDKIIJoker

Our PvE damage is a lot worse, same with PvP. But our hidden strike doesn't fill the resolve bar which means we can use debilitate right after and use sever tendon so I can basically stun/keep a target in place for 8 seconds now instead of 3.

I don't play concealment in PvE so not really sure how it's doing there, but PvP performance isn't really as bad as people were predicting pre-nerf. The damage hit on HS is noticeable, but ultimately you can do as much or more damage within the HS knockdown and debilitate than you could previously do with HS alone (which was easy to counter anyway).

I'm also pretty sure that the current incarnation of concealment is probably even more annoying for other players since they're locked down for a lot longer and take about the same amount of damage.

So, in the end, people are going to keep getting owned by concealment and they're gonna keep crying about it.

I don't play concealment in PvE so not really sure how it's doing there, but PvP performance isn't really as bad as people were predicting pre-nerf. The damage hit on HS is noticeable, but ultimately you can do as much or more damage within the HS knockdown and debilitate than you could previously do with HS alone (which was easy to counter anyway).

I'm also pretty sure that the current incarnation of concealment is probably even more annoying for other players since they're locked down for a lot longer and take about the same amount of damage.

So, in the end, people are going to keep getting owned by concealment and they're gonna keep crying about it.

The longer timeframe does enable assistance and class escapes to be used more effectively so it will be interesting to see how that plays.

It's more than enough time for a tank to taunt you, or sorc to bubble, or a heal or for the class to take self measures.

Have you tried healing?

Healing tree is a bit of a mess right now with several talents not working at all. As an Ops healer I get the feeling that bw doesn't really have a clear vision for what they want. I don't intend to quit playing my Op but if I was putting a raid together I wouldn't bring an Operative of any type.

Concealment PVE was already in a rough spot due to not having a gap closer. Since most bosses have a knockback or "run to X spot" mechanic, it means you're always the last melee back to the target afterwards. Add to that the council boss in EV where you have to solo part of the encounter and can't get behind the target once you leave stealth...

I love the Concealment playstyle, which makes this all the more frustrating.

Lethality PVE will barely notice the change, since it doesn't get Acid Blade and they can only Hidden Strike during boss fights once every 3 minutes (and using Cloaking Device carries liabilities that don't exist for Concealment).

Honestly I'm not feeling like much has changed in terms of bust damage. Even the reduced Jarring Strike knockback time still feels significant enough. And combat does feel smoother/less clunky now. But I am concerned about the effect of the armor pen nerf for pve. As people have mentioned, with so many bosses being mobile/knocking people back, and no way to quickly get back to the boss, I feel kind of gimpy as it is. I'm just hoping they will address this in the future.

Yes. It's great being the only healer which doesn't bring anything "unique" to the table. (Aside from poorly scaling HoT's and a broken kit)

So snarky.

I am sure the healing issues will be addressed in due time. We may not the "BEST" but we can still be effective.

so go have yourself an ice cream and chear up fella. /nudge

Operative DPS is still fine in pvp (if not better with the ability to stunlock a target for 5.5 seconds if they do not have CC breaker up). PVE dps took a small hit but I think it will still be fine (hard to conclusively say anything in light as we don't have any way of tracking our dps in comparison to other classes).

I cannot speak for healing operatives though.

Our PvE damage is a lot worse, same with PvP. But our hidden strike doesn't fill the resolve bar which means we can use debilitate right after and use sever tendon so I can basically stun/keep a target in place for 8 seconds now instead of 3.

Yup, they're still gonna die if we get the jump on them. Nothing has changed with us winning one on one fights imo.

Yup, they're still gonna die if we get the jump on them. Nothing has changed with us winning one on one fights imo.

Which is ironic since this was supposed to be a pvp nerf, yet it destroyed our pve viability

Really goes to show how utterly clueless these devs are

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.