Most potent Marauder PvP spec?!?!

SargeRufus

Then try out the specs for yourself.

Asking whats the best will not get you as good as possible.

Well I am not good, I have tried out all specs, can't really figure out anything on my own so that is why I am asking on input and tips on how to use the diffrent specs, to get some insight on how I should behave and hopefully that will help me step up my game... Now I realise I won't get an overall understanding of how I should behave in most gameplay situation but hopefully I will find something that can help me get plain better, sooo... If we could skip my motivations to why I started this thread and instead focus on the topic that would be awesome...

Well I am not good, I have tried out all specs, can't really figure out anything on my own so that is why I am asking on input and tips on how to use the diffrent specs, to get some insight on how I should behave and hopefully that will help me step up my game... Now I realise I won't get an overall understanding of how I should behave in most gameplay situation but hopefully I will find something that can help me get plain better, sooo... If we could skip my motivations to why I started this thread and instead focus on the topic that would be awesome...

Spend more time with each spec and head to an area where the mobs have lots of HP, like Ilum. The guides in the sticky work as well.

I lvl'd up as Annihilation got to Valor 40 as a Hybrid PVE/PVP spec and it worked just fine, but then i started to group with ppl and i was not able to keep up with the BH and Ops i run with so i decided to go alil more bursty and tried rage but didnt like how it worked then decided to try Carnage and well the 4k Force Scream auto crits every 9 seconds is just amazing then add in the Gore just ups all ur attacks and ppl have said u get rage starved but if u do it right u have plenty of time to wait for battering assault and then with the ravage and deadly throw roots and imp force charge no one ever moves. I like it i will say u end up not doing as much dmg over all but u do rack up more kills. but then again it comes down to ur individual play style

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#1000cZuMrbddrRMsZRr.1

my carnage spec

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIbRr****zZhZRr.1

my hybrid anni spec

^ I'm with above poster. I play carnage because it's my play style. All the topics of Carnage was posted above. Nothing new for me to say. I find Carnage better for me and how I like to play and the more I play, the more I learn what I can and cannot do. I haven't played the others, I tend to stick to a build until I get sick of it and I'm not one to QQ everything. Try all of them for a period of time, see what works best for you. I just like the ataru form procs and the ravage/deadly throw immobilizations. Made pvp so much better for me. If I try anything else though it will be Annih.

Annihilation is better for solo humping a healer.

QFT

you can disrupt their casting easily, plus stay on them like glue

in addition you just melt people single target when all your dots are tickin and berserk is up, not to mention annihilate is a hard hitter. The final force choke is very gratifying with the flurry of numbers flying off their flailing body

I may try rage but I feel like I'm hitting my stride with anni at level 42

Edited by HBninjaX

Yeah... a healer that doesn't know what Cleanse does. Against a skilled healer, Annihilation is the worst spec you could be using.

Hey, Annhilation dots are internal and cannot be dispelled just so you know. and it's the best spec you could be using with the current way the trees are built.

Annihilation gives better force camo for escaping. For better dps, go with other trees.

Not really. Annihilation's Force Camo is good as a defensive mechanism to stop damage, but Carnage's Force Camo is better for escaping simply due to the fact that you're going to get out faster in that short amount of time it's even up. The passive 15% movement speed in combat adds a lot to that, but the CC break on it really helps too of course.

I lvl'd up as Annihilation got to Valor 40 as a Hybrid PVE/PVP spec and it worked just fine, but then i started to group with ppl and i was not able to keep up with the BH and Ops i run with so i decided to go alil more bursty and tried rage but didnt like how it worked then decided to try Carnage and well the 4k Force Scream auto crits every 9 seconds is just amazing then add in the Gore just ups all ur attacks and ppl have said u get rage starved but if u do it right u have plenty of time to wait for battering assault and then with the ravage and deadly throw roots and imp force charge no one ever moves. I like it i will say u end up not doing as much dmg over all but u do rack up more kills. but then again it comes down to ur individual play style

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#1000cZuMrbddrRMsZRr.1

my carnage spec

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIbRr****zZhZRr.1

my hybrid anni spec

Ok so I am in the middle of actually trying the rage spec, and I just changed to it from the carnage, but I didn't realise force scream could be so strong, because lack of knowledge (or just a fail to read what I should have figured out already... So is there any other tips you can give me if I decide to roll carnage again? :p

In my experience, Anni is tops. The ridiculous amount of damage you can do with bleeds and a good 4k Annihilate utterly destroy single targets. If you run with a group that has pretty good AOE, go Rage for the Smash crits and overall range abilities.

Carnage to me plays like anni but more burst and less sustained/healing.

As Annihilation I pull off ~80k healing per game through DoT crits.

Ok so I am in the middle of actually trying the rage spec, and I just changed to it from the carnage, but I didn't realise force scream could be so strong, because lack of knowledge (or just a fail to read what I should have figured out already... So is there any other tips you can give me if I decide to roll carnage again? :p

stack power get ur crit to about 25-30% u get it almost automaticallywith pvp gear but surge/pwr is what is going to get u ur 4-5k force scream hits...+ gore right now my power is 450 and my surge is 83% on jugs ill crit for about 3-3.5k with gore about 1.8k without but squishies is always 3-4k if not more. just remember massacre is ur desert in that spec the force scream is just the whipped cream topping and gore well that is just the cherry on top : P and that is ur priorty que. but force scream and gore should be on CD always. it works out that u can battering assualt massacre gore then force scream force choke deadly throw and repeat norm it takes me about 1.5-2 rotation to kill a player unless they are actually paying attention to me then it might take an extra force scream but that first rotation should get the player down to around 40% if done right...

In my experience, Anni is tops. The ridiculous amount of damage you can do with bleeds and a good 4k Annihilate utterly destroy single targets. If you run with a group that has pretty good AOE, go Rage for the Smash crits and overall range abilities.

Carnage to me plays like anni but more burst and less sustained/healing.

As Annihilation I pull off ~80k healing per game through DoT crits.

Could you elaborate a little bit, so far the only spec I haven't had any success with is the annihilation one :p

also thank you ghost for the carnage thingy, was soooo helpful O_o

annihilation for 1v1s rage for everything else, i use rage primarily because id rather hit multiple people for 4.5k every 9 seconds than 1 person for 3.5k with annihilate.

Also carnage is **** right now, the damage sucks and needs a buff.

lvl 63 valor

• 1 month later...
annihilation for 1v1s rage for everything else, i use rage primarily because id rather hit multiple people for 4.5k every 9 seconds than 1 person for 3.5k with annihilate.

Also carnage is **** right now, the damage sucks and needs a buff.

lvl 63 valor

So true, couldn't agree more!

I just respeced to Anni and the PVP (still not used it for PVE) dps is UNREAL, with carnage it simply didn't feel like you were doing damage, but with Anni you feel like you are mauling your opponent...

To be honest, all 3 specs are good for PvP, it just depends on how you fight.

Anni for bleeds and heals

Carn for roots and burst

Rage for heavy hits

Right now I am use rage just because smash does 4k+ damage easy and is an aoe, quicky easy way to build damage in WZs

Edited by doromleynek

I played Anni from 10-50 and into about Rank 45. And I have to say Anni is pretty gear dependent as is the class itself.

I tried Rage out and it's pretty much faceroll as long as you dont miss your smashes. The burst is pretty insane and getting medals is super easy which makes the race to BM really nice.

However I recently went back to Anni at about Rank 54 and I gotta say that with gear comes a bit more fun with Anni. I really enjoy the play style...

TL;DR

Rage was a nice refresher and can pump out some serious numbers quickly.

Annihilation is more rewarding and gratifying in the long run.

Rage is easy mode

Anni has far better utility and solo-ability.

I can't comment on Carnage because I have never played that tree...

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, Annhilation dots are internal and cannot be dispelled just so you know. and it's the best spec you could be using with the current way the trees are built.

just to let you know that the dots CAN be purged if its a sorc or sage and spec for the one that removes physical effects. Anyone that can remove Physical effects is allowed to purge and get rid of the dots, most people just don't purge which is why you feel that they are not able to be purged.

Edited by Cazbot

I agree with a lot that has been said and I definitely think that the specs effectiveness in PVP varies depending on the level of gear one has. My valor is level 54 or so and as such I have about half champion gear and half columni gear. I had been using rage for a while and was doing about 200-250K damage per pvp game. Today I switched back to annihilation after gearing up quiet a bit and the first pvp game I played I exceeded 300K dmg. It seems that the DOT from annihilation ends up producing more damage in the long run but is used for different roles than the other trees i.e. targeting healers and ball carriers whereas the other skill trees are meant for various other roles such as defense/and aoe.

Obviously the best fit will depend on the player but I believe that Annihilation has more potential for racking up dmg.