Most potent Marauder PvP spec?!?!

SargeRufus

Personally, I love my Carnage marauder. On equally geared players that don't use shield generators, a carnage marauder can drop most classes in 5-6 seconds with a good rotation. I find massacre to be rather weak, however (compared to annihilate), but the increase chance to proc ataru form hits helps. My biggest complaint about carnage is the fact that it bugs out for me on occasion and I lose my +15% movement speed buff (both in and out of combat) - and when I'm bugged, I also notice that my overall damage output is reduced.

An additional complaint I have about Carnage marauder is that if you gore a target and get stunned (even if you immediately use a stun break), then it behaves as though your gore buff is no longer applied despite the fact that you might still have 4 seconds remaining of it on your buff bar.

no you don't.

if you hit charged sabers, berserk, and aoe sweeping slash on a few people, get all those crit bleeds ticking, healing you for 3% of your total health and the rest of your party for 1% of their total health each tick, it adds up ;)

You've pretty much just got to try them out. I get bored quickly and respec. My sorc's respec costs got astronomical and my marauder will do the same. I lvled rage, then anni. I got sick of being anni like basically every other marauder on my server and went carnage. I was also sick of watching my dots get cleansed. I now have way worse survivability, but I still seem to manage fine. It's a much quicker paced spec, which seems to make me happy for now.

My sorc's respec costs got astronomical and my marauder will do the same.

Respecs are free once per week, you just need more alts to kill the time between them :)

I leveled back and forth as anhilation or rage depending on my mood, tried carnage and then settled on rage.

The thing I like about rage is that all it takes is one good smash in a crowd to make them remember you and scatter like roaches next time you charge in. A lot of people think that Rage is all about AoE but really it does very good single target damage too, you just have to learn to control the overwhelming desire to charge headfirst into every group of enemy players that you see.

That said, it is fun as hell to watch three or four people drop when you smash the ball carrier.

I think they're all decent, I just like burst DPS and couldn't get into the grove with carnage.

Respecs are free once per week, you just need more alts to kill the time between them :)

I leveled back and forth as anhilation or rage depending on my mood, tried carnage and then settled on rage.

The thing I like about rage is that all it takes is one good smash in a crowd to make them remember you and scatter like roaches next time you charge in. A lot of people think that Rage is all about AoE but really it does very good single target damage too, you just have to learn to control the overwhelming desire to charge headfirst into every group of enemy players that you see.

That said, it is fun as hell to watch three or four people drop when you smash the ball carrier.

I think they're all decent, I just like burst DPS and couldn't get into the grove with carnage.

Honestly, I find Rage Marauders to be the least dps since they can't guarantee their crit-smashes to hit as easily/often as Rage Juggs (not to mention their smashes are less potent than the rage jugg's). They're very useful, however, since they can keep predation up all the time and predation will affect everyone in an ops group (not just party members) with 1.2. Carnage is going to have the "enhanced" predation that annihilation now has with 1.2, though. And you just can't ignore the speed/defense bonuses predation offers.