PvP - Stuns/knockbacks

Gaaffaa

Getting little frustrated at the continual stuns with no diminishing return.

I am a healer so get targeted, choke hold/blind/freeze blah blah

The republic get owned as it is because empire won so many games, they are fully geared so not much of challenge for them.

Too many stuns, too many knock backs..

Huttball is nightmare, easy for warriors who jump up... easy mode

Nice balance for pvp the beta testing was a complete success :confused:

As I've posted before:

L2P, broken down:

1. You have a CC breaking ability on a cooldown. Use it. If it's down, too bad, eat the stun and shut up.

2. Play with a group. If you get CC, have them peel for you.

3. Use YOUR CC.

4. Resolve.

5. Get gear. If you aren't at least in full champion and are complaining, you are stupid.

Getting little frustrated at the continual stuns with no diminishing return.

I am a healer so get targeted, choke hold/blind/freeze blah blah

The republic get owned as it is because empire won so many games, they are fully geared so not much of challenge for them.

Too many stuns, too many knock backs..

Huttball is nightmare, easy for warriors who jump up... easy mode

Nice balance for pvp the beta testing was a complete success :confused:

You seem so far out of touch, there would be no sense in even trying to have a conversation with you.

As I've posted before:

L2P, broken down:

1. You have a CC breaking ability on a cooldown. Use it. If it's down, too bad, eat the stun and shut up.

2. Play with a group. If you get CC, have them peel for you.

3. Use YOUR CC.

4. Resolve.

5. Get gear. If you aren't at least in full champion and are complaining, you are stupid.

So what side did you role?

What does faction have to do with the CC mechanics in the game? I'm a sorc. I've played as heals and dps. As Empire, I routinely play on teams that have very undergeared players. It happens on every server, every faction. If you are playing in pugs, you should have no expectation of having geared teammates.

TL;DR: Don't try to blame Empire v. Republic for CC "issues"

Also, learn to play.

edit: Kruz, where is this concrete proof? Different CC fills resolve bars different amounts. So no, your bar doesn't take 3x as much, because there is no set amount of resolve that every CC ability generates.

Edited by mlarchev

What does faction have to do with the CC mechanics in the game? I'm a sorc. I've played as heals and dps. As Empire, I routinely play on teams that have very undergeared players. It happens on every server, every faction. If you are playing in pugs, you should have no expectation of having geared teammates.

TL;DR: Don't try to blame Empire v. Republic for CC "issues"

Also, learn to play.

Well let me teach you alittle something about how coding works see... the stuns are different on each side. Like I said cry all you like but when 2 people from each side meet out in the middle of nowhere to test and the pub is full on resolve in 1 hit and the imp isnt well there really is no way to counter it.

No CC that I know of automatically fills the resolve bar 100%. If you are so confident that there is, what's the name of it? Please, I'm all ears. And are you saying that once said Pub's resolve is full, they can still be stunned? Because if not, it'd actually be an ADVANTAGE for the Republic side, not a disadvantage.

I'm not "crying" about anything. I simply find the amount of people on these forums that have no idea how to play abhorrent. If people spent half the time they did complaining and calling for nerfs actually learning how to play their class, and finding quality teammates to pvp with, there wouldn't be all this crap in the first place.

Edited by mlarchev

Well let me teach you alittle something about how coding works see... the stuns are different on each side. Like I said cry all you like but when 2 people from each side meet out in the middle of nowhere to test and the pub is full on resolve in 1 hit and the imp isnt well there really is no way to counter it.

Full resolve mean 99% of the time you cannot get another HARD CC on you, for a while.

Soft CC is another issue, i.e. slows, talented snares.

Aside from that, it sees to me that 1% of the time the resolve bar does bug out at times, on very rare occasions, but I cannot confirm since things happen so quickly that it could be another soft cc.

However, if anything is wrong, it is an issue with the skills themselves causing too little resolve, i.e. you can get knocked back 3 times in a row and the resolve bar does not get full. In Huttball that equals to a match loss.

Ofc in my opinion the whole resolve bar is a joke considering the sheer amount of CC out there. Diminishing returns are really needed.

Edited by Treplos

Another for the list of why the Devs love and play Imps?

True, i play republic...

the server balance sux, hence why under geared, hence why we lose most games.

Still believe too many stuns and knock backs.

All the empire guys will not complain when they are on the winning side, just troll

It's not trolling. Empire play 90% of our WZ as Huttball against ourselves. On my server, when we face Republic teams, I win about 50% of the games. I win more Voidstars, and lose more Civ War, but it evens out in the end.

The only thing I feel bad about for Pubs is Ilum. On servers with Empire heavy forces, it makes it nigh impossible for them to complete the dailies/weekly and/or farm valor there.

Edited by mlarchev

It's an easy fix really. Increase all stuns & knockbacks to 2 minutes or more when in PvP. problem solved. It can be a Warzone/Ilum specific debuff that is applied once you're flagged for PvP. Then the battles will turn into who has the better skill & rotation rather than who has the more stuns/snares & who can pop them first.

-LatinLegacy

Resolve is an effective mechanic for dealing with CC when it works. It is better than flat diminishing returns because it gives the players more information. With dim returns I have no idea if my target is going to be stunned for 4s or 1s based on everything that's happened in the last 30s. With resolve I know if I see that white bar over his head that the only thing that will work on him is a snare.

You don't need to know exactly how much resolve everything is worth to use it properly. In general, assume that the the more fun you lose from a CC, the more resolve it is going to apply. I.e., e.g, f.u.,

Stuns: I can't do anything. Not fun at all. High resolve.

Knockback: Crap, that was annoying but I can run up the ramp. Low resolve.

That said, resolve is still bugged and doesn't always work. That is a different conversation than "it sucks."

Personally, I think there is way too much low cost AoE knockback in this game. The cd on the abilities needs to be increased for most classes or the resolve cost for it needs to be increased. Currently, playing melee in this game feels like World of Pingpong Ballcraft.

My suggestion would be to only give the point blank AoE kb to healers as a self-peel, and take the stun out of it completely for anyone. A snare could be okay probably. A healer could then KB melee when he's in trouble and hopefully get to a safer position. Of course, this would need to be on a reasonable cooldown like maybe say, 1 minute.

Tanks would be better served with a single target directed knockback with a longer punt distance. As a pvp tank I'd rather be able to take one target out of a fight and put him where I want him, than tossing a bunch of people in random directions.

Again, two of the three WZ are essentially flat, making knockback very uninteresting anyway. It's a fairly boring mechanic in Alderaan and Void Star and too powerful in Huttball.

Totaly agree with you, there too many stunt and slow in this game.

The PVP is so anoying when u just loose 10k pv and have no solution to flee....

I play vanguard, and as vanguard i have hook, and ice grenade and more stunt in the skill tree....

Now imagine all caracter have only 1 skill of control with a cooldown around 2 minutes: hook,stunt,mass stunt cancel if damage, silence, bump,slow etc... The pvp should be epic, more reactif ! At this moment i don't enjoy the pvp.I do it because i have to do it...

You can thank the Mythic guys for that.

They are incompetent, simple as that. They screwed up WAR, now they did it with the pvp in SWTOR. It's a damn shame. Thank god this is a PVE game and pvp is just an afterthought. Go watch some cutscenes or something.

Edited by mufutiz

Wait till you see your resolve bar full and still get stunned for 10 seconds by three different classes

Which no one has ever provided any proof for.

I challenge you to link me just one single vid showing this happen.

Until you can I call BS.

Charge roots not DRing is seriously killing Huttball for me. I can't even move because of being rooted non-stop with full resolve bar.

yeah. roots should be on the resolve effected table.

resolve isnt increasing fast enough.. and degrades far too quickly to be noticible or effective.

and with the sudden influx of even more aoe CC with cybertech grens its becoming even more of a frustrating skilless CC spamfest.

and with the sudden influx of even more aoe CC with cybertech grens its becoming even more of a frustrating skilless CC spamfest.

basically the EXACT same thing we saw in warhammer online. I have no idea why they got those guys on their team.