Another 8hr are you serious? They have MASSIVE memory leaks in the server code.

Lorealin

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do they constantly need to be shutting these servers down?

My guild is loosing players like flies. They are all going back to their old MMOs

You had better get a handle on this fast.

This is completely unacceptable.

by constantly you mean once a week, for scheduled maintence?

My guild is loosing players like flies. They are all going back to their old MMOs

This is normal for MMO's. I'd be more concerned with tightening up my guild members. :ph_lol:

I think these updates/maintenance times are GREAT!

It really demonstrates Bioware's commitment to improving the game and supporting the community.

I think I would be more worried if no maintenance was scheduled...

Plus it give me at least one day a week when I can sleep.

Respectfully,

Sanjuro

Pretty sure the shutdown over last weekend was to address an emergency issue.

All MMOs are down at least once a week. New MMOs are down more than that. Deal with it.

I play FF XI servers only go down during version updates which happen every few months or so.

:D

Ok, ok... I'm going to assume he/she is referring to some of the unscheduled maintenance that has occurred the past few weeks (you owe me for the out, op). To that I say, please, tell your guildies to have some patience. If Bioware thinks they have a solution to an issue, I want it in now, not later. Even if I have to be inconvenienced. I want the situation resolved before it eventually does become an issue for me, personally.

Down times are necessary. If suddenly a solution is ready and available to be put in, put it in the game.

Eight Hours is what they say it may take. That is an overestimate of the time they actually need and, most likely, it will only take a couple hours. Typically this is because they work an 8hr day (not including lunch/breaks). So they say, 8 hours. Because, regardless that the downtime may take an hour they will still be working the full 8 just in case something goes wrong.

Your outrage is unacceptable! Why? Because that is an opinion. So is yours.

Though, idiots in the world think a couple of or a few hours is considered to be an entire day of downtime.

Taking an example of the type of person you are from your post I think it is safe to assume that your guild loosing players has to do with the type of person that you are. Your guild members might have a better time if they were not in your guild.

by constantly you mean once a week, for scheduled maintence?

No genius they are down every other day at least 4hrs. That is a fact.

My only time to play is midnight pactime and the servers are down 1/3 days guaranteed.

So i'm getting ripped off!

Bioware this game should never have been released this early. Its trash.

I think these updates/maintenance times are GREAT!

It really demonstrates Bioware's commitment to improving the game and supporting the community.

I think I would be more worried if no maintenance was scheduled...

Plus it give me at least one day a week when I can sleep.

Respectfully,

Sanjuro

You are wrong sir. Rift was not down this much ...and if they did they were down 15mins max. The "challenged" people at Bioware can't do anything under 4hrs.

While I appreciate the down time issues and how frustrating it can be, at least Bioware is not rolling back servers 2 days at a pop or killing the servers for multiple days.

WOW has done this, SWG has done this, and given that there are so many issues that need to be addressed, if fixing them means shutting the servers for a week, I am all for it, if it fixes bugs and makes the game playable.

Nope. Doesn't matter what they do, someone will complain they didn't do the opposite.

yet, with considerate planning, they could reduce the complaining by a large amount. but, as long as they get their money, why should they care?

No genius they are down every other day at least 4hrs. That is a fact.

My only time to play is midnight pactime and the servers are down 1/3 days guaranteed.

So i'm getting ripped off!

Bioware this game should never have been released this early. Its trash.

This post is full of so much assumption, lying, deceit, and a mountain of ***** that I have a hard time typing out a post for it.

Down every other day at least 4hrs

They were down last saturday morning for about 4-6 hours....that's one?

That is a fact

No. Its not. Where were the down times last sunday? Thursday before that? I literally laughed out loud when you said every other day THATS A FACT!!!@#@!#!111

I'm getting ripped off

QQ More. I play at midnight as well, and it pissed me off quite a bit too, but almost all of their downtimes are announced, and you can adjust your sleep schedule or actually plan to do something else.

Bioware this game should never have been released this early.

Considering it's sold like 1.5-2.0 million copies, I have to disagree with you. It's an extremely fun game, and it was released on a very good schedule.

Edited by Aurrelio