SWtor and Censorship

Squishsquash

Anyone else feel like they close too many threads / give too many warnings? Any little bit of dissension in the post and it feels like it gets shut down. When did swtor become china?

Well if the same fifteen people would stop making the same five or six doom and fail posts maybe the Mods would ease up...but they aren't going to let folks call each other names...insult the company or insult Bioware employees...they keep saying that in the nicest way possible and some folks refuse to get it.

Edited by Jett-Rinn

I don't have a problem with the moderation at all. It makes these boards a lot more usable than it would be if half the front page was filled with the QQ of the day.

And yeah, this thread's doomed. If that's a surprise to you, you should check out the stickies on each forum. If you're getting threads closed, that may explain why.

Edited by Pink_Saber

I've been warned 5 times now for apparently being "rude" when I havent used a single swear word. They will warn you if you say anything like "Keep QQing/learn to play/get good" because apparently telling people they are bad is offensive.

The forum mods need to learn what "constructive" means.

As it stands now, their version of "constructive" means things that agree with the OP.

Anything other than that, and you get your post removed. It's almost like being in 1940's Germany.

I've made lots of legitimate counter arguments on these forums, and they always get removed.

Edited by mattdell

It's almost like being in 1940's Germany.

If you think comparing people to Nazis is "constructive," you need a dictionary.

A little perspective on history and a bit less exaggeration might do you some good too.

Edited by Pink_Saber

As it stands now, their version of "constructive" means things that agree with the OP.

Anything other than that, and you get your post removed. It's almost like being in 1940's Germany.

That isn't true at all, I see a ton of constructive criticism threads not closed, and I have only seen non constructive threads or duplicate threads get closed. /shrug

I've made lots of legitimate counter arguments on these forums, and they always get removed.

Legitimate counter arguments don't get removed - at least not for being legitimate counter arguments. If, in the process of presenting it, you conduct yourself in a manner which violates the rules and merits post-removal, well, I've seen a lot of those ones disappear.

They do enforce their rules. Why should that be a surprise to you?