No BANKING allowed, huh?

Foreverfury

So since the Galactic Walmart or whatever is so terrible to navigate, I buckled down and set up a level 1 bank named Starmart.

Problem.

Not allowed to fly to the Republic Fleet. Just BLOCKED. Blocked. You can play Imp or Rep both on a single server. There is NO REASON we shouldn't be allowed to have a level 1 bank character...

ESPECIALLY when limited to 50 slots on the market.

What gives, Bioware?????

It's called keeping you prisoner on planet because they can. BW does a lot of this crap and I really wish they would stop. They need to worry more about the bugs, lack of and crappy CS, fixing the skills and a myriad of other problems in the game than worrying about someone traveling to the fleet at lvl 1 or trying to go to the other starting area to quest with their friends.

Thanks for making us prisoners and the starting area a miserable experience. Why the hell am I paying you $15 just to be held in one area against my will????

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know, I played EQ back in the day.

if I wanted to take my erudite enchanter to kelethin I could. I could even run all the way there at level 1, though that was a bad idea, or get a wizard to teleport me.

so your "MMO's were better back in the day" argument doesn't seem to apply here.

FBSS 30k at torch 2 FTW!!!!!!!

It's called keeping you prisoner on planet because they can. BW does a lot of this crap and I really wish they would stop. They need to worry more about the bugs, lack of and crappy CS, fixing the skills and a myriad of other problems in the game than worrying about someone traveling to the fleet at lvl 1 or trying to go to the other starting area to quest with their friends.

Thanks for making us prisoners and the starting area a miserable experience. Why the hell am I paying you $15 just to be held in one area against my will????

need help locating the way out???

I'm a one-character guy, never did alts. I can see playing through this game with different characters, of course, but it is the FIRST time where I see it as a meaningful experience.

Still, one endgame character. That's just me.

Farmers will always find a way. I'm not a farmer. Don't penalize me. I don't like running back into town to sort through my stuff, taking TWO HOURS because of the terrible market interface.

I didn't buy the game for the market interface. Don't flame me for telling the truth. What in the hell is wrong with having a bank character and having some autonomy when selling crafting materials?

It is asinine.

There's nothing wrong with it. It's just that BW and the "Kiss of Death" like to remind you who's in charge and put a collar around your neck with a short leash. They really need to focus their efforts on meaningful stuff and not this crap.

So since the Galactic Walmart or whatever is so terrible to navigate, I buckled down and set up a level 1 bank named Starmart.

Problem.

Not allowed to fly to the Republic Fleet. Just BLOCKED. Blocked. You can play Imp or Rep both on a single server. There is NO REASON we shouldn't be allowed to have a level 1 bank character...

ESPECIALLY when limited to 50 slots on the market.

What gives, Bioware?????

Yes they expect you to level a char to a level they can leave to go to the fleet before you can use it as a banker. It's inconvenient but at least it doesn't take too long.

The limit of 50 items is very frustarting as is the whole GTN on the whole. It's rubbish to search on, the drop down filters don't work when trying to find stuff for your own char or your companions. Selling isn't much better. They clearly needed to look at how well Auction systems work in other games and done a little more research. Or maybe they like this god awful thing for reasons that are beyond us.

You're kinda making this into something it's not. Bioware does the TERRIBLE thing you're talking about here because it actually makes LOGICAL SENSE and has MOTIVATION to it, unlike, you know, killing Arthas once a week.

The galactic market breaks the third wall that Bioware has crafted so well, and now I have to roleplay another character for 5 hours so she can sell my stuff, most of which was farmed by my PETS!!!! It's annoying.

Yes they expect you to level a char to a level they can leave to go to the fleet before you can use it as a banker. It's inconvenient but at least it doesn't take too long.

The limit of 50 items is very frustarting as is the whole GTN on the whole. It's rubbish to search on, the drop down filters don't work when trying to find stuff for your own char or your companions. Selling isn't much better. They clearly needed to look at how well Auction systems work in other games and done a little more research. Or maybe they like this god awful thing for reasons that are beyond us.

I hear ya! If there was an autosell utility I would do it, just to be rid of it. Send Doc to sell your greens on the auction? CLICK.

Much rather just mail it to a character that will never bother anybody...

I think they tried to curtail the amount of people going straight to the fleet and grabbing all the crafting codex entries (a guildie got to level 4 from level 1 doing that).

And so what??? This is called farming xp - completely legit. We do it all the time when you go exploring and get xp for it. Or go and collect the holocrons and get xp for it? You're not breaking the game. BW and their stupid crap already needs to stop.

Level 1s in Fleet don't do anything.

I've been sent a total of 2 credit sale emails in game so far. I've not seen a single credit seller spam general in the fleet... So yes keeping them out of the fleet does in fact do something. It keeps the credit sellers away from me.

You have been posting about this for over an hour. You could have had a alt to lvl 7 and on fleet by now. :)

I was just thinking of looking to see that myself. :)

I started a new Jedi on my current server after having played one on a different server, and then a Consular on the current one.

To get from 1st to fleet with fairly liberal use of the space bar, which did not include class quests... It took me 2.5 hours I believe.

You're kinda making this into something it's not. Bioware does the TERRIBLE thing you're talking about here because it actually makes LOGICAL SENSE and has MOTIVATION to it, unlike, you know, killing Arthas once a week.

The galactic market breaks the third wall that Bioware has crafted so well, and now I have to roleplay another character for 5 hours so she can sell my stuff, most of which was farmed by my PETS!!!! It's annoying.

Well BW is annoying. They put leashes around you, the ah is crap - 50 items ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!! The filter search is annoying, etc... It's obvious that they directly copied from WoW a lot of things so why not the ah as well??? Just don't understand what they were thinking... Were they thinking???

That's a load of rubbish. I PAY MY SUB, and I'll play and go as I see fit. What is this garbage that you can't explore?? What kind of moron comes up with this type of system?!

Heh, this is annoying my dad as well. He likes to have a "market mule" that he uses to do most/all of his buying/selling. He mails anything he wants to sell to that character, and buys anything he wants to buy with that character. Naturally, said mule is parked next to the auction house (GTN)

Especially useful in this game because of how inconvenient the way the GTN is. Every planet, (heck, most "zones") have mailboxes. Very few (heck, 1?) have GTN access. FAR Easier to ship your stuff to an alt to do buying/selling than go yourself. He was able to do that on his server, but when we decided the two of us would try playing a couple hours a week on my server, he discovered that he could no longer do the same thing.

i wish my BH could send things to my sage :) thats all i wish...we should be able to share items and drops from any of our accounts not just ones on same faction. Thats my wishlist :)

You can use the Hutt Market on Nar Shadaa to transfer between your toons of a different faction. Bit of a hassle for frequent use though.

Go find a friend/random 50 to drag you through the class quests on the starter planet, and it will take about 30 minutes.

They aren't doing it to make your life miserable. Spending a moment to get a person to the fleet to do banking doesn't take away your "1 character ideal."

Go find a friend/random 50 to drag you through the class quests on the starter planet, and it will take about 30 minutes.

They aren't doing it to make your life miserable. Spending a moment to get a person to the fleet to do banking doesn't take away your "1 character ideal."

It restrains my freedom in the game - I'M A PAYING CUSTOMER. Why should I be limited if I'm not cheating, exploiting or breaking the game?! What if I want to lvl up on another starting world by playing with friends - can't do that now because of the wardens, um, I mean BW, putting a slave collar around my neck...