Stop saying this is the hardest class.

pugnathemighty

Really. This needs to stop. People keep talking about how they have to manage way more abilities then other classes.....

Yeah right. Let me give you a hint.

when I was level 25 on both my jugg and operative, i have twice if not MORE hotkey binds on my operative that I use consistently while I literally have maybe 7 keybinds I use on my jugg.

I dont even need to bind scrolls or anything past ERFCVT and middle mouse click.

I laugh at how easy to it to play.

Playing it effectively though is another thing. Juggs have massive threat generation for single target BUT their aoe is the worse.

To make up for this, you must constantly witch targets to keep threat up if your allies are aoe pew pew moding everything.

Right now I ma in love with the class but the community of the players needs to sit back and think hard about what they are saying. YES bounty hunters/troopers are broken as far as damage/threat is concerned. But assassins are in the same balance boat your in.

You want to see skill vs effectiveness. Try being a operative that does more then sit back and try to heal efficiently.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you played Marauder? I agree Juggernaut is easy, but I have 24 binds on my marauder and 5 more I click.
lol

Marauder so hard you have to click abilities!

Hint: All PvE is easy no matter the class.

Edited by Danyl

I have a lvl 31 Marauder. I use 1-8 on my number keys, and 2 buttons on my mouse. So 10 abilities are in my rotation consistently. 1-5 and my mouse buttons are tree defining moves (Force scream, gore...). Shift+1-5 are my def CDs and my fury buffs.

In PvP I kind of have to think about it, but after I get into the swing of things, I rarely have any problems.

But my main in WoW was a Warlock...

Have you played Marauder? I agree Juggernaut is easy, but I have 24 binds on my marauder and 5 more I click.

If you're using that many, you're doing it wrong. While there are a lot of abilites, you aren't going to be using 30 of them all the time. Many abilities are situational or spec supported, and you should really only need 6-8(guestimate) keys for damage abilities based on spec, and then your cds and other abilities.

I really can't see you needing to use more than 15 keys excluding a key for pots and such if you're playing within the lines of your spec.

The number may not be exact, but yours is way off.

First of all, if you are 13, 26 or 37 or whatever you are, just cause you can spam the same 6 abilities in pvp while lvling and "succed" or kill that really tough nonelite droid at the end of your questline, doesn't mean that's represetative for the class at all.

Stop making nonsensical statements without even having played the class you're talking about.

Juggernaut tank:

1: Assault

2: Sundering Assault

3: Scream

4: Retaliation

5: Smash

6: Sweeping Slash

7: Backhand

8: Crushing Blow

9: Vicious Slash

10: Enrage

11: Saber Throw

12: Intimidating Roar

13: Vicious Throw

14: Unleash

15: Intercede

16: Choke

17: Taunt

18: AoE Taunt

19: Interrupt

20: Shield Wall

21: 2nd Shield Wall

22: Endure Pain

23: Guard

24: Charge

25: Push

Might seem like I listed all the abilies we have, but all of these are to be used frequently in our "rotation" if you will. And that's not even counting medpacks/armor adrenal or relics, and other abilities which are not so frequently used, but still are from time to time.

Gives you some idea.

Edited by Konow

I'm gonna do my Sin:

Stealth

Force Speed

Force Slow

Saber Strike

Thrash

Maul

Assassinate

Lacerate

Shock

Force Lightning

Discharge

Jolt

Whirlwind

Overcharge

Electrocute

Recklessness

Mind Control

Mass Mind Control

Guard

Force Cloak

Force Shroud

Mind Trap

Deflection

Blackout

Unbreakable Will (trinket)

And that's not including spells that are not practical to cast with my build, like:

Crushing Darkness

And that's not including talents I have:

Dark Ward

Force Pull

Wither

By max level, I will also have, at the minimum:

Spike

Overcharge Saber

Including Seethe, I have 30+ abilities hotkeyed on my Sin. I have WAAAY less on my Mara.

Every marauder should be using:

Savage Kick

Deadly Throw

Predation

Berserk

Vicious Throw

Assault

Battering Assault

Ravage

Pommel Strike

Force Charge

Disruption

Crippling Slash

Stuff with significant CD:

Cloak of Pain

Frenzy

Obfuscate

Force Choke

Force Camo

Undying Rage

Intimidating Roar

Bloodthirst

Saber Ward

Unleash

Depends on spec:

Force Scream

Rupture

Vicious Slash

Deadly Saber/Obliterate

Annihlate/Massacre/Force Crush

Smash

Sweeping Slash

And then consumables, buffs, stances, etc, but those are universal, so yeah.

Really not that many, only approaching a full 20+ number in more intense situations. But as said above, # of skills really doesn't mean much regarding difficulty anyway.

I have a 50 BH and a 50 Marauder, my Marauder has a &^%$ load more buttons then my BH does. Are they hard to play? No not really, they just take more time to play right. Imo no class is really hard to play, some just take alot more pratice then others. Marauder being one of those classes.

l2p press 1 button is more easy then l2p press 3 buttons.....

i have 30 keybinds on my jugger, tank or dps, and i dont have the 2 abilies that are only good in HM flashpoints...... or Solo play.

the point of this is i dont get why i need to bind so many keys when a simple macro program would make my life 1000 times better.....

Really. This needs to stop. People keep talking about how they have to manage way more abilities then other classes.....

when I was level 25 on both my jugg and operative, i have twice if not MORE hotkey binds on my operative that I use consistently while I literally have maybe 7 keybinds I use on my jugg.

I dont even need to bind scrolls or anything past ERFCVT and middle mouse click.

Playing it effectively though is another thing. Juggs have massive threat generation for single target BUT their aoe is the worse.

To make up for this, you must constantly witch targets to keep threat up if your allies are aoe pew pew moding everything.

Right now I ma in love with the class but the community of the players needs to sit back and think hard about what they are saying. YES bounty hunters/troopers are broken as far as damage/threat is concerned. But assassins are in the same balance boat your in.

You want to see skill vs effectiveness. Try being a operative that does more then sit back and try to heal efficiently.

Operative = Stun + Hit 1-2 buttons repeatedly = dead target; if that fails, vanish and start over.

And for you to tell people to stop saying Marauders are the hardest class using Jugg as an example and in PVP nevertheless. You're slightly retarded.

Also; bioware has stated; marauders do have the highest skill cap and they intend on changing this for reasons I don't exactly agree with. (Reason: QQ'ers.)

I'm gonna do my Sin:

Stealth

Force Speed

Force Slow

Saber Strike

Thrash

Maul

Assassinate

Lacerate

Shock

Force Lightning

Discharge

Jolt

Whirlwind

Overcharge

Electrocute

Recklessness

Mind Control

Mass Mind Control

Guard

Force Cloak

Force Shroud

Mind Trap

Deflection

Blackout

Unbreakable Will (trinket)

And that's not including spells that are not practical to cast with my build, like:

Crushing Darkness

And that's not including talents I have:

Dark Ward

Force Pull

Wither

By max level, I will also have, at the minimum:

Spike

Overcharge Saber

Including Seethe, I have 30+ abilities hotkeyed on my Sin. I have WAAAY less on my Mara.

So far most people on this thread are full ofit. Take this guy for example. Sin probably has the easist rotation of any of my 50's. You listed maul even though only deception spec uses it and it has no place on your hotbar as a tank.

For a Marauder I have a relatively small rotation:

Level 50 Rage spec':

- Force Charge

- Battering Assualt

- Force Crush

- Pop Relic

- Pop Stim

- Force Scream

- Force Smash

- Then Spam Force Choke/Crush and Slams

Then either Vicious Throw or Force Camo depending upon the outcome of the Opening.

So far most people on this thread are full ofit. Take this guy for example. Sin probably has the easist rotation of any of my 50's. You listed maul even though only deception spec uses it and it has no place on your hotbar as a tank.

Actually, all DPS builds take Exploit Weakness and, therefore, use Maul.

There are also no rotations, just priorities. I wish people would get that part right. Everyone has procs and cd's to watch out for.

Maurauders just have a few more than the rest. It's no big deal, it all becomes muscle memory. Not a good choice for Alt class though.

Also; bioware has stated; marauders do have the highest skill cap and they intend on changing this for reasons I don't exactly agree with. (Reason: QQ'ers.)

Please BW.

As the only class with a sole function in the game ( Deeps ) - don't lower the skill cap, raise it.

Make it more difficult and unforgiving.

Otherwise you're going to flood the Mara class with Huntards.... ;;

Buddy, I got a Level 50 Merc.. and let me tell you.. jugg leveling is about 5x harder then merc.. not even kidding at all.. its very rough.. even with all updated gear..

Buddy, I got a Level 50 Merc.. and let me tell you.. jugg leveling is about 5x harder then merc.. not even kidding at all.. its very rough.. even with all updated gear..

That's a perk of being ranged, though. You kill stuff before it gets to you.

Post after post of people stating that the Juggy and Guardian are "just fine"

Until they play another class.

And then its a completly different post about "I never realized how bad the [juggy/guardian] was until I played a [ smuggler/imperial agent || trooper/bounty hunter || sith inquisitor /jedi conselor]"

The biggest issue as far as abilities to is you have abilities that do damage. More abilities that do damage. and then you have abilities that....oh yeah do damage. You dont need 500 damage abilites. 8 - 10 is more than adequate.

And as far as abilities go:

Sometimes less is more.

Who said jugs/sw were hard? They are sentinel/marauder without having to watch tons of procs/debuffs/defensive buffs/everything having a long cooldown on melee abilities.

Are they harder then ranged? Everything is lol. Ranged in this game is stupidly easy. Focus spec on a jugg is about as easy as it gets for melee.

Edited by biowareftw

Every marauder should be using:

Savage Kick - Useless in pvp and on bosses, where it counts.

Deadly Throw - situational, not part of a proper rotation outside of pvp.

Predation - situational, but well used.

Berserk - used

Vicious Throw - an execute used for a small portion of the fight, with a 6 sec cd.

Assault - used when needed, some specs don't have to use as much(annihilation)

Battering Assault- used, 6 sec cd.

Pommel Strike - Useless in pvp and on bosses, where it counts.

Force Charge - used.

Disruption - situational

Crippling Slash - almost completely useless in most pve, pvp ability primarily.

Stuff with significant CD:

Cloak of Pain

Frenzy

Obfuscate - used

Force Choke - used

Force Camo - used

Undying Rage -used

Intimidating Roar - mainly in pvp or on gimp adds

Bloodthirst - used

Saber Ward - used

Unleash - situational or pvp

Depends on spec:

Force Scream - used if not annihilation, maybe by annihilation in pvp for range.

Ravage - moving to spec based, annihilation uses this, but less frequently.

Rupture - annihilation

Vicious Slash - used outside of carnage, but most used by annihilation

Deadly Saber/Obliterate - used by respective spec, both have cds.

Annihlate/Massacre/Force Crush - used by respective spec.

Smash - used for aoe or rage spec

Sweeping Slash - used for aoe

And then consumables, buffs, stances, etc, but those are universal, so yeah.

Really not that many, only approaching a full 20+ number in more intense situations. But as said above, # of skills really doesn't mean much regarding difficulty anyway.

Your post didn't really back up the argument. You aren't using all of those abilities at all times, regardless of spec. There is much less need for abilities per situation than people make it sound, you just need to know when and how to use them.

I think OP is right.

The most complicated class to play is clearly merc.

Well I don't think a Marauder is hard, but yes its harder than a BH for sure.

Hitting that ONE button on a BH can be hard. Missle spam for noobs.

Edited by Blaaine