Darkness - soo OP right now. Here's why any other spec isnt nearly as good:

CaliKillaz

Darkness doesn't mean tanking gear. With my Darkness spec and dps gear i'm just as fast as a Deception sin to kill my opponent from the Infernal Council, and always in top 3 dps at the end of a WZ.

The deception spec is doing it wrong then. Or are they giving you the opponent with 1/3 of the health the Deception guy gets?

Being top 3 DPS in a WZ doesn't mean anything. Anyone can AOE and live forever and top damage charts.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i use this spec

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rcrkkrskbsZbZf0c.1

20% chance to proc EW is worth 2 points. I find Wither to be better than 50% crit multiplier on thrash. Harnessed Darkness heal and dmg increase at 3 stacks is very good wth recklessness and +9% crit proc from madness tree, throw in single relic that gives crit + surge and you will look a 1300 crits eah second by FL in tank spec.

sometimes u fight fresh 50s, did a 2500x4 force lightning on this guy.^^

other then that, its pretty balanced, since i use offensive gear, the damage is higher, but survivability is lower:).

Probs with darkness lies in pve, but thats goes for all tanking classes, aggro multiplier are too small when u wear tanking gear. Against really good dds, its pretty much impossible to hold aggro from 2 enemies the whole time.

You can't do much damage but you can absolutely dominate a Huttball or Voidstar match. It's ridiculous in Huttball. A tank with sprint every 45 sec, force tech/immunity, force pull, 2 knockbacks and 2 stuns/1 mez, stealth, and a lot of survivability. Plus wither, interrupts, taunts, discharge, guard, etc.

It's so much fun.

That and there's none of us out there so most people don't have a sense of our strengths and weaknesses. I was so startled to see force shroud on someone else the other day in a match; I didn't know what to do.

OP is obviously mad cause he couldn't beat a Darkness assassin as whatever class he REALLY does play! There is no way you type in CHAIN LIGHTNING instead of FORCE LIGHTNING! Asassins is in no way overpowered.

Protip: Just because you can't beat a class 1 vs 1 does not mean that class is overpowered. This game is not balanced around 1 verus 1. Stop being ignorant!

I'm just glad that everytime I take a healer from 50% to 0 in 3 GCDs they always think I'm Deceptions spec:rolleyes:

Nerf Deception/Inf! Buff my poor dmg some more!:D I always wanted to do 500k+, it's tough being a tank stuck in the lowly 400k+ range:o. I guess I'll keep plinking away...

Edit: Welp, just got my biometric alloy, willpower buff! 500k done. Please buff my tank dmg to 600K+ Bioware, the forums still think I'm plinking...

Ps - To clarify I'm 23/0/18

Whats that spec exactly?

Whats that spec exactly?

This is his base spec.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200dcrokrskZZf0cRrMz.1

After all said and done you have about 2 points you could pull from Haunted Dreams (which makes ur whirlwind instant, and gives it a debuff) to put else where. I like putting them into Dark Embrace to give me better regen at the start of a fight, and also I can blackout mid fight to fill my force bar in a matter of seconds. This spec seems to have some of the best pvp utility for our class, and definitely one to check out if you haven't before.

Edit: It can also be a serviceable tank in pve.

Edited by Arakinis

lol this thread is funny. I play dakness now and i love it. however in my premade I will allways have a desception sin with me (if hes on). They are both good. I will post my Video in this thread by friday. We win about 95% of our games with me as darkness and thats out of about 350 games with my premade.

I'm currently running as darkness 31/0/10 mainly i run around taunting/wither, guarding who needs it, interrupting healers and being a pain in the butt, then toasting people with force lighting when i am at 3 stacks :)

My gear isnt great but i can still kill some people one on one, and if i cant kill them i can always force shroud/cloak and run away :)

Oh and mind trap rules! You can mind trap someone twice, great when two people are trying to cap a point and you are alone waiting for backup :)

Mind trap the first guy, wait until the other guy has almost capped, mind trap him then repeat for the other guy if he is silly enough to try and cap again, then if force shroud & cloak arent on cd you can harrass them a bit until their resolve bar is reset and repeat the same process (works best on dumb people)

I dont know i have 42% damage reduction 21k hp 30% def 60% sheild chance with DW up and 43% absorbtion. I find that i take very smooth damage and most healers say they enjoy healing me. I've had many healers tell me they enjoyed healing me over both other types of tanks. Alot of tanks are stacking defense which is kinda bad it makes for a much spiker incoming damage. cause its like dodge deflect parry HIT HIT HIT. WHere stackign shield rating where over all might not be as good of mitigation Levels out the incoming damage. And with things like Deflection and relics you should have no problems being untouchable for 1 min every 2 mins. not to mention consumables like absorb adrenal dark ward effects that so i go from 6.8k armor to over 12k armor for 15 seconds. i say we have more defense abilities then the other 2 tanks.

I'm sorry to whoever you people are saying Darkness in PVP does no damage.

You either don't understand how to play it, or you're wearing tanking gear which I guess means you don't understand how to play it.

This forum is full of so much terrible information from people who have no clue what they're talking about, luckily some good ones sneak through from time to time.

You either don't understand how to play it, or you're wearing tanking gear which I guess means you don't understand how to play it.

This forum is full of so much terrible information from people who have no clue what they're talking about, luckily some good ones sneak through from time to time.

Youtube or its a lie

Depends on your Darkness spec! If you are 31 points into darkness your DPS is weak even with DPS gear. If your running the 23/0/18 darkness spec then agreed you are a monster with the correct gear.

Can someone link me to this 23/0/18 talent spec please? Just wondered which talent skills your using for this as im not to sure its the best way to spec from my experience :-) ?

23/0/18

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rcrokdskZZf0cRrbz.1

or

27/0/14 (which I like more)

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rsrokrskbZZf0cRd.1

What's the best way to spec from your experience ?

23/0/18

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rcrokdskZZf0cRrbz.1

or

27/0/14 (which I like more)

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rsrokrskbZZf0cRd.1

What's the best way to spec from your experience ?

Why you would pass up haunted dreams is beyond me, that's the point of those 18 points into madness alongside raze

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rsMokrskZZf0cRrMz.1 is the correct build.

With that in mind, can anyone link a decent video of Darkness PvP? Or better yet, Darkness/Madness hybrid PvP? All I see lately is Deception, Deception, Deception. Sick of it. It's almost as bad as Rage Jugg and Marauder videos.

I see a lot of folks saying a lot of stuff, without actually SAYING a lot of stuff. L2P doesn't help anyone, while "do this, this and this" with concrete examples does.

Darkness PvP doesn't look like much. You basically just rotate Wither, Shock, FL, and someone will eventually die. You can kite melees around all day, and people can't escape from you. It's not very flashy but people definitely die against you.

Darkness DPS is fine. It's not even lacking in burst unless you consider storing a 5 stack Surging Charge Discharge as burst, but in that case you can store a 3 stack HD too. Maul is not really good burst because of its significant limitations. You might not drop anyone in 3 CDs but people definitely die after 6 CDs, as opposed to say 50% of the time they die in first 3 CDs or not at all.

Edited by Astarica

Depends on your Darkness spec! If you are 31 points into darkness your DPS is weak even with DPS gear. If your running the 23/0/18 darkness spec then agreed you are a monster with the correct gear.

looking at the two specs i dont see how its THAT big of a difference.

it looks like claws of decay and raze with deathfield vs wither and harnessed darkness.

raze+deathfield=wither...longer range, could potentially be used more often, but wither has more utility with the snare which is rare in this game.

harnessed darkness 3 stack is beastly...but takes a while to get there. i

claws of decay there is no answer to, and im sure is nice, and is the immediate thing that makes me think of it doing more damage. but thats just it, the 31 build intentionally plays a 10m range game that gives up damage in exchange for optimum positioning.

then there is force pull and instant whirlwind, both very useful and can be prefered over the other depending on the game.

id probably do both specs, both for pvp but the 31 could also function for PVE.