I can't take the pointless travelling between planets...

ShonaChaos

Great post! I agree that traveling is very painful.

All I think we need is a way to fast-travel directly to our ships.

I think I could take the run through the generic spaceport if I didn't have to do it twice each time I had to get to another planet or the fleet!

Donley

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't put words in my mouth, I only indicated I wanted the useless steps removed not that I wanted them replaced with more tedium.

Why can't we travel to a planet click leave and load up on the surface?

and from the surface to the ship. It's not alot of time saved in actuality but it's a hell of a lot of tedium gone.

I am not putting words in your mouth. You simply missed the entire point of the reply.

It's just to point out your purpose here. I mean, you've claimed to have not paid a "cent" past buying the box yet here you are still posting.

Haters gonna hate and all that jazz.

Edited by Surakis

+5 to the OP.

The starports should be nuked into the ground. It's fine to have big one on the capital worlds, and perhaps even well-settled planets like Tatooine... but when I visit the Republic reclaimation project on Taris, why the hell is the only significant building in the entire base a giant, stupid starport?

Lets say I am in one city and I want to travel to a different city. I have to get in my car drive down the road.... you getting my point. You ppl and your "I want to just click and go here, then click to go there." Maybe MMOs aren't for you.

since when can we shoot lightning out of our fingers?

we play games for fun, not boring *** time sinks.

I understand the need to make you feel like you traveling from planet to planet, portals and the like just make the game feel small.

Why couldn't they have a cool space travel cut scene between planets, they could make 2 or 3, keep the landing stations the same if you want, just add snow for hoth etc...far better than all these loading screens.

I understand the need to make you feel like you traveling from planet to planet, portals and the like just make the game feel small.

Why couldn't they have a cool space travel cut scene between planets, they could make 2 or 3, keep the landing stations the same if you want, just add snow for hoth etc...far better than all these loading screens.

I like this suggestion. Like, if you wanted to make the cutscene take 3 minutes or whatever, I'd be fine with that. At least then I could walk away from my PC while the game chewed on my video card pointlessly.

I remember reading the beta forums and all the anti-progress hardcore MMO nerds were testing the game.

Someone would bring ideas like a LFG tool/duel spec/faster travel times etc...and the majority of people said something like:

"No Bioware, we need to have pointless time sinks in this game! We don't want this to be like WOW!"

So Bioware listent to them and now the game lacks a ton of features that would decrease pointless travel time considerably. Bioware listened to the wrong people.

Either that or they needed to substantiate their 200 hour per toon leveling experience.

The reason that 5 hours playing a MMO and 5 hours playing a console feel different is because of the travel time.

You can spend 5 hours and it barely feels like you played at all since you didn't get a lot accomplished, while since a console game is made to be played efficiently you can sometimes get through most of the game in that time.

There is a loading screen in the travel phase, because it is made for loading the planet datas. For that reason, the system is not going to change.

But I agree that the whole planet airlock + orbital station is an unnecessary time sink. More frustrating than adding to the depth of the game.

Once the planets data are loaded, we should not have other extra time sink in our path for accessing the content.

No need to change things, the system works fine as is.

Haha... Wow...

Just wow...

No it doesn't.

By the way, you can spare yourself making threads about the Travel time. There are many many more about it already and if you think that Bioware will even consider making Travel more convenient, then you are wrong. I wish they did, but we (community) pointed out many mistakes in thousands of posts and nothing changed.

Get used to it, you are nobody to them, you are like a dirty little Cent laying on the ground that no one wants to pick, because they have a lot more clean coins in their wallet. They feel that they'll get some kind of disease if they pick it up.

That's how I feel as a customer.

Edited by Yakito

I am not putting words in your mouth. You simply missed the entire point of the reply.

It's just to point out your purpose here. I mean, you've claimed to have not paid a "cent" past buying the box yet here you are still posting.

Haters gonna hate and all that jazz.

I'm posting about things I'd like changed in the game, tedius unnecessary things.

Are you even reading my posts?

How about you start, and then reply.

I like the game, doesn't mean it's perfect.

In fact lets put the post you quoted here

I realize this is a difficult concept but I would actually like this game to improve, that's never going to happen if people accept the crap they're handed.

And who said I've paid a cent past the box price?

This could be an awsome game, but they need to take a hand from trion and actually start fixeing problems regularly, patches every week is the ticket here. And they need to take what works from wow.

If they don't this'll become aion 2. It'll never die but it wont be anywhere near popular either and it certainly wont be earning this mmo'ers money.

Edited by darkcerb

I agree, the 1st fix they can do is let us mount is spaceports, and get rid of the nonsense airlock portion. That is an easy fix and will speed it up a lot.

The next step is to let us just pop up a menu while in the spaceport to quick travel to other planets! This way the RPers can still get on their ship and stuff, and the players who don't want to dilly-dally with all that nonsense can get things done.

Stop trying to claim that all planets are like going to a Starter planet.

You do not have to go to an orbital station for non-starter planets.

If you make use of your Quick travel, it takes no more than 5-6 minutes to get from anywhere, to anywhere with a taxi (except starter planets).

Now compare that to the precious WoW which can take up to 15-20 minutes to get from one quest hub to another.

All that being said, you are correct... they should abolish the need for Orbital stations for starter planets (once you have your ship).

Edited by Sai-to

Haha... Wow...

Just wow...

No it doesn't.

By the way, you can spare yourself making threads about the Travel time. There are many many more about it already and if you think that Bioware will even consider making Travel more convenient, then you are wrong. I wish they did, but we (community) pointed out many mistakes in thousands of posts and nothing changed.

Get used to it, you are nobody to them, you are like a dirty little Cent laying on the ground that no one wants to pick, because they have a lot more clean coins in their wallet. They feel that they'll get some kind of disease if they pick it up.

That's how I feel as a customer.

Hopefully they ARE listening and have plans to do something about it. Perhaps it's in the works and will be dealt with soon. It just might not be at the top of their "to do" list.

I haven't lost faith in them just yet. It looks like they are fixing things. This particular issue isn't a game breaker for me, but I totally agree... this is really my only major complaint with the game... this and needing more toolbar slots. Please BW... fix this soon, or at least acknowledge it!

If you make use of your Quick travel, it takes no more than 5-6 minutes to get from anywhere, to anywhere with a taxi (except starter planets).

Now compare that to the precious WoW which can take up to 15-20 minutes to get from one quest hub to another.

All that being said, you are correct... they should abolish the need for Orbital stations for starter planets (once you have your ship).

You mean max 5 minutes to get anywhere you want ? I can't really think of a place that needs 20 minutes of travel time in WoW, honestly.

Besides, you get to watch the view while you are travelling, and that's just great. I remember flying over Mulgore for the first time and thinking "woah! This looks amazing! I wonder who lives in there".

You don't get that in here. You can't even admire the Light Speed travel because it takes 10 seconds.

What they SHOULD do as a compromise is remove the 18h fleet pass and give players a 60 minute cooldown fast-travel back to their ship.

Folks, travel times exist to give a game a sense of depth, scope, and size.

The game would "feel" much smaller if you could just 'insta-poof' anywhere on any planet.

You're traveling across a GALAXY. God forbid if it takes 10 minutes.....

/firstworldproblems.

There is a loading screen in the travel phase, because it is made for loading the planet datas. For that reason, the system is not going to change.

But I agree that the whole planet airlock + orbital station is an unnecessary time sink. More frustrating than adding to the depth of the game.

Once the planets data are loaded, we should not have other extra time sink in our path for accessing the content.

I personally would LOVE it if all loading were hidden with small cutscenes. But people whined like kicked dogs in ME1 w/ the elevator rides.

Given that to get onto ilum you need to go airlock - station - ground

You're wrong.

Unless you're definition of starter planet is every planet in the game so far.

Given that to get onto ilum you need to go airlock - station - ground

You're wrong.

Unless you're definition of starter planet is every planet in the game so far.

Corscant = No station

Dromund Kass = No Station

Taris = No station

Balmora = No station

Nar Shadda = No station

Tatooine = No station

Alderaan = No station

Belsavis = No station

Hoth = No station

Now that I've completely destroyed your statement, please go away.