For a game thats rated 16+

saminaobx

you do realize this is star wars right....not exactly an IP known for gore......

Of course not, when lightsabers cauterize the wounds they create. Dismemberment on the other hand (Hehehehh, get it?) is what Star Wars is very well known for. There's at least one scene of dismemberment in every movie.

you do realize this is star wars right....not exactly an IP known for gore......

This is the same star wars that had anakin, limbless, burning and screaming in agony while the 'hero' lets him suffer, right? The same hero who would later cut a mans hand off just for picking on his next student?

But episode 3 is one of the worst movies ever made by a human.

Episode 1 and 2 are the same

Ah, a man of good taste I see.

Still, other games set in the SW universe had quite a bit of flying limbs. Jedi Academy for example. I get the feeling dismemberment isn't in the game because Bioware just isn't very good at animating things in the first place.

This is the same star wars that had anakin, limbless, burning and screaming in agony while the 'hero' lets him suffer, right? The same hero who would later cut a mans hand off just for picking on his next student?

Way to take things out of context.

Obi-wan didn't "let" Anakin suffer. He simply couldn't bring himself to land the last blow that would kill the Jedi that had become like a brother to him.

And he also didn't cut off somebody's hand for "picking on" his student. He struck with his lightsaber as a reaction when the alien in question yanked out his blaster to shoot them.

Ah, a man of good taste I see.

Still, other games set in the SW universe had quite a bit of flying limbs. Jedi Academy for example. I get the feeling dismemberment isn't in the game because Bioware just isn't very good at animating things in the first place.

It's not a matter of their animation capability, but their budget. If you notice, at least 90% of the time when an item is passed from one character to another, you never actually see what the items are, you just watch the characters' upper body and arms move as they pass the object along like a game of hot-potato.

It's obvious that something as graphically detailed as random decapitation or dismemberment would cost far and away more than they were willing to pay for their graphics budget.

Edited by Greyfeld