The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

THIS is SO TRUE !

Toxsicking

I mean I didn't think he could disagree with the fact that SWTOR is competing for dollars with WoW from 2012 but somehow he did, so it doesn't matter how completely 100% right you are, he's going to disagree for the sake of it.

Or perhaps I disagree because I think he's wrong. Is that a hard concept to understand? I do enjoy how you called me condescending, then tried to dismiss my position entirely by trying to paint me as somebody bored enough to argue just for the sake of arguing.

If he is actually right, he should be able to defend his opinion with cogent coherent points that actually address the points I made, unlike the post he made that completely shot past the point I was making.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People like the familiar and comfortable. They have a hard time transitioning to something new, especially if it isn't as perfect as the thing they played for years. They don't understand that their game had just of a rocky start as the new one.

Or, really still is. Check the pvp forums if you want a reality check.

The other thing people forget, is that every 2 years, WOW throws the whole thing up in the air, basically starts over, and makes you pay another $49.99 for that privilege. Every time they've done that they not only destroy class balance but they might reconfigure your class in big ways. The new talent system, and the Panda's, just screams incoming mess.

I don't even PvP and I watched that entire 30 minute feedback segment.

It was very honest, non-biased, and a fair review and analysis... I hope the devs take some time and watch it also.

Non bias? What?! It clearly is, he compared it to wow eighty million times. He has 7 85's and many years invested into wow. He has a month and a half in swtor. Very bias.

This guy may have a point, but you got to look at it in a different perspective. Of course some of the ideas he brought were very much true but this game is only about a month and a half old so it still needs time.

I myself have been a WoW player since Vanilla and I know how the game has developed since the beginning. WoW had issues in the beginning phases too. Some of you are just comparing WoW to this game, which has been out since 2004 (7 years now) and that isn't fair.

My point is, give this game some time to develop and mature. It has many flaws, of course, but you can't simply compare it to WoW and say that it sucks. The story is by far much better than WoW and starting a different character every time can be different and interesting, in my opinion at least.

This guy can do what he wants by quitting and just sticking to WoW, I'm simply giving some feedback on what he and other people have to say about this brand new game.

Edited by Aohkshadoq

The person who made this video has been spot on with a lot of my own personal frustrations with the game as well, and he didn't even touch on class balance at all, how poor tanking stats are implemented in PVP, and the Empire biased mechanics.

That's a whole lot of laundry list of issues. Legitimate minor issues that, together, snowballs into one big annoying experience. For some people like the person who made the video, that truly is enough to break the camel's back.

Great and honest review from the person who made the video.

You know that feeling you when rage after getting 3 shotted by a scoundrel/operative. And then the rest of the match your just irritated and pissed. I got that feeling watching this video. 95% of that is right on. BW its worth a look.

Seven years of polish vs a new release. MMO's need time to marinade lol

Edited by Folgrin

This guy has all the same problems I have. It's interesting to see I'm not alone.

He had many valid points but he's wrong on many fronts.

Which fronts? I guess you could argue against his preference of WoW cooldown-based healing over SWTOR healing, but the bugs/performance issues/lack of add-ons are dead on.

Edited by Lord_Itharius

He lost me when he said knock backs are annoying

But I thought knockbacks were suppose to be FUN for the recipient.

LOLOL "It's hard to find a bug in World of Warcraft"?!?!?! Really?!?!?!??!?!?! This guy is a joke.

Edited by fest

But I thought knockbacks were suppose to be FUN for the recipient.

LOLOL "It's hard to find a bug in World of Warcraft"?!?!?! Really?!?!?!??!?!?! This guy is a joke.

It is hard to find bugs in WoW any more. I can't really name a game breaking bug in WoW off the top of my head from after Cataclysm launch. Meanwhile, SWTOR has crap tons of bugs and performance issues ATM that break the game, such as weeklies/daily progress not counting, horrible warzone/ilum performance, issues with characters getting stuck, animation glitches, CTDs, etc.

That's called optimization issues. Every game has them. Wait a couple months for companies to put out drivers.

The devs themselves said not to expect a miracle solution, and I'll need +100% performance just to be over 30 fps in warzones at all times. I'll need +600% performance to be > 30 fps in Ilum op v. op. This is with a Phenom II x4 and a Geforce 560 ti. I am not upgrading for this game when I can play BF3 64-player on high settings and full 1080p + Antialiasing.

Edited by Lord_Itharius

It is hard to find bugs in WoW any more. I can't really name a game breaking bug in WoW off the top of my head from after Cataclysm launch. Meanwhile, SWTOR has crap tons of bugs and performance issues ATM that break the game, such as weeklies/daily progress not counting, horrible warzone/ilum performance, issues with characters getting stuck, animation glitches, CTDs, etc.

Countless bugs while leveling up with quests in WoW, too many to name. Same with Firelands and Dragon Soul. Take Firelands for example, the fourth(?) boss, Rhyolith, will randomly turn friendly and then wipe the raid. Take in mind that this didn't happen until after Dragon Soul came out. And how about herbs being phased out? That's also a pretty big one since this can stifle economies.

Couldn't watch the whole video because it sounds like he just wants a wow clone. Some of what he said was very petty, like the delay from casting to getting on a mount. And btw.. it's il-UM.. not il-OOM. He was polite and not rude at all from what I watched, so I dont see it as "crying", I just couldnt make it past the first few minutes. Edited by Gorra-Syn

I dunno he rambled a lot and said some true things some opinionated things, but he pointed out it was his opinion from the start and not meant to be anyone else's opinion. I do hate how he and everyone else compares the game to WoW, not sure how it's changed in the last 2 years sense I stopped playing but it always had bugs, class imbalance, exploits, ect especially on first release of expansions.

Honestly with the amount of money and time WoW has had/made, it should be a way better game, not one that re-releases the same stuff in a new skin to attract players.

And people expect the same amount of content, customization, less bugs. It's a new game it hasn't had nearly ten years to be molded and perfected. You can't expect that out of ANY MMO at the start. The best you can do is give constructive criticism if you enjoy it but want something changed, or feel something could be improved, or just leave if you don't enjoy it. Lotta people like him are pretty much saying they want a WoW clone, which is silly if you want that why aren't you playing WoW?

Bioware has made it known they are listening and intend to take our feedback to improve the game. They can't do it overnight. I'm assuming they don't have thousands of programmers working 24/7 but who knows. Games nowadays are months to years in development, new content isn't just finished and popped out once a month to keep everyone with ADHD interested.

At this point I think everyone should just chill and see what Bioware does over the next three months, before rage quitting based on introductory months.

The devs themselves said not to expect a miracle solution, and I'll need +100% performance just to be over 30 fps in warzones at all times. I'll need +600% performance to be > 30 fps in Ilum op v. op. This is with a Phenom II x4 and a Geforce 560 ti. I am not upgrading for this game when I can play BF3 64-player on high settings and full 1080p + Antialiasing.

Phenom - problem is on your end.

Apparently Phenom processors have something called a "TLB Fix" that lags the crap out of certain games.

Flash your BIOS to disable it.

And quit pairing a frankly substandard CPU (not even on par with a midrange i3) and a decent video card and calling it a high end rig.

Hey guys wow has no major glitches like trading honor and jp back and forth to get honor capped, and the class balance is wonderful just go look at there forms no complaints about frost mages at all, and the raids never have glitches either nope never oh and i never seen bg with 2 alince vs 15 hord, and there was never a big box around the hord base in island of conquest, oh and there was no way any one got to the cataclysm areas to use nodes before cata came out, also any old melee can take a blood death knight down as it stands, shale i go on about recent imbalance or glitches wow hasnt had? Yep wow has perfect balance and never has any major patch/ lunch day glitches, it's near prefect.

edit: I do agree pvp is garbage and don't pvp and i agree the game has some problems he listed i just don't agree wow is perfect and that wow has its issues as well.

Edited by Svelus

Hate on the guy all you want, but most of what he says is true. Yes, the way he says it and some of the hair splitting he does in the video is annoying, but there is serious problems with this game, and a lot of them (not all of them) are highlighted in this video.

Yes, everyone has a stun. Generic 4 second stun. Yay for homogenization!

Oh wait, Marauders don't have a stun. Juggernauts can atleast spec immortal and get a stun and actually transform Force Choke into a stun. And that makes is even more frustrating.