The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What's your opinion about this game?

JoonKimDMD

well im not paying a monthly fee for basic features and i allready canceled.

my comp does not need any upgrade.

AMD 955 BE @4000 Mhz /Asus Sabertooth 990 FX/ 8 GB Gskill Sniper 1866 / 2x Cruzer 64 GB SSD in Raid 0, 600 Mb/s read / Sapphire 6950 Dualfan

They call this game MMO in my opinion its just a singleplayer game with some Coop Features tagged on to it.

Never ceases to amaze me how people love to trash this game but they'll keep trolling the forums instead of just leaving.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

well im not paying a monthly fee for basic features and i allready canceled.

my comp does not need any upgrade.

AMD 955 BE @4000 Mhz /Asus Sabertooth 990 FX/ 8 GB Gskill Sniper 1866 / 2x Cruzer 64 GB SSD in Raid 0, 600 Mb/s read / Sapphire 6950 Dualfan

They call this game MMO in my opinion its just a singleplayer game with some Coop Features tagged on to it.

Most of the features you consider basic , is only basic in World of Warcraft.....

Maybe you should go back to that game then.

Never ceases to amaze me how people love to trash this game but they'll keep trolling the forums instead of just leaving.

i dont see me anywhere trolling, the thread is asking for my opinion so i can post my opinion here ?

I think its more like that all the fanbois cant handle critism.

Edited by SwordoftheStars

That doesn't mean they are trolling. It only means that they care so much about the game and they want it to be better.

It's true that we all have different opinions, but we are all gamers and I am sure everyone wants to play better games than crappy games.

In his case, I am sure he left the game because he didn't like starwarsTOR, but I am sure he will continue to seek for a game that will satisfy him. Also I think he wants to find out how this game can evolve when people like you continue to have hopes and developers continue to work hard. Maybe he will come back. Maybe I will come back (I haven't left yet LOL)

Edited by JoonKimDMD

I think the game has potential. I love playing in teh star wars universe.

However, i am sadly disappointed in the fact that I cannot go into a Flashpoint and expect to get armor for my character, except PERHAPS from the last boss ... and only in hardmode.

WHy? Because My character is a marauder .... and marauder armor just doesn't drop from flashpoint mobs. It doesn't .... it simply doesn't. Now, if I am lucky and win the roll against the Juggernaut if the last boss drops a "set token" to be turned in ... I might.. get an item.

You have to admit ... if you had MUCH less chance of getting an item from a flash point than perhaps any other character who goes in with you, you'd be pretty irritated / discouraged as well.

I've ran every FP in the game multiple times, alot on hard mode, and have NEVER saw a piece of marauder armor drop, and it really makes me wanna re-roll.

SO ... my opinion of the game? Well .. it has potential ... but just not as a Marauder ... that is if you like your toon to look cool, or get an occasional piece of loot.

Im a huge star wars/bioware/mmo/wow-clone fanboi in all regards. I am totally biased towards loving this game, and guess what? I love it. Can't get enough of it. I don't lose sleep over it (usually) and don't let it control my life like a normal human being, but when I do take the time to sit down, and play a video game, its been this since it launched and nothing else. I love it with all my heart and soul and yet....

I'm not biased enough to not see some of the large mistakes in the game, the fact that it was rushed out the door is proof enough the game needs work. Some important, most would consider 'basic' systems don't exist. A lot of stuff is wrong with it and I don't have enough time or patience to list them all. But that aside, I also have been part of the MMO and gaming community since before the times of Everquest, I know no game at launch was perfect and didn't need patching or work.

This game needs it too, more so than some games, less than others. I am not naive to say the game is perfect.

But that is the real clincher isn't it? The game is NOT perfect. But it IS perfect for me.

i dont see me anywhere trolling, the thread is asking for my opinion so i can post my opinion here ?

I think its more like that all the fanbois cant handle critism.

Its pretty obvious that from your "opinion" (which by the way was pretty much 100% negative) that you dont like the game. Is that not an accurate account of how you feel about this game?

I bought the game a couple of weeks ago.

It would have been a cool single player game, and if it was I might have played it for longer. Right now the worlds are dead, and I'm just playing co-op with my wife. Our time will end in about 10 days.

The leveling story is quite cool, but the input lag, ability lag, sync problems with mobs, fps problems (on a gtx 480, 4 ghz i7) is destroying the fun.

I just can't believe that one can spend 6 years on a game and still have these basic problems, and it leaves me without hope.

Maybe I will check it out in a year or so if they offer f2p or free trial so I can see if the problems still exist.

But for now..

So long.. and thanks for all the fish!

And see you in TSW or whatever is the next mmo :)

Sigh* I am only playing this game because my guild mates are playing it. I suspect that soon they will wake up and realize how mediocre it is. Right now I am trying not to complain to much and ruin their fun and some of them are getting fed up with it as well. When GW2 or new Diablo game comes out see ya. We have beaten most of the content anyways.

This game has taken a huge step backwards for MMOs. MMOs are suppose to be worlds that you can live in and affect. There is none of that in this game.

They over did it with cut scenes and wasted a lot of time and money on it that should have been put into other areas. Cut scenes should have been limited to class quests and been a little better. I guess the first time you can deal with them (barely), but when you start another character and have to deal with the same exact scenes? OMG.....kill me please.

PvP is a complete joke. Did you guys even listen to Mythic one bit? I know they weren't perfect but geeezzzz, a two year old could have told you your plan is garbage. I bet Bioware thought they were the **** when Mythic was forced to join them. They treated them like dirt and told them they knew nothing. Guess we know who is laughing now...

Crew skills are lame. Really wish they would have done something more advanced like in SWG. I remember the days when there were people that played MMOs just to craft and have fun. They would spend all day making stuff, chatting, and helping others. Added a lot to the game. I still remember our guilds crafter from DAOC. She was awsome.

I don't have an option on flashpoints. Did a couple and thought...just as boring as WoW.

No server forums is kinda lame. There is no sense of community because of it. I have no idea which guilds are on my server, who plays, etc. Once again, a MMO is suppose to be a home away from home.

I really hope Guild Wars 2 is better than the crap MMOs that have come out lately...

This game just depresses me with how good it could have been. 200 million dollars and this is the best you could come up with?

Its pretty obvious that from your "opinion" (which by the way was pretty much 100% negative) that you dont like the game. Is that not an accurate account of how you feel about this game?

yes, but thats only my opinion, im ok with people having different opinions. How about you ?

I wish that this game could offer a better experience but in my opinion its not enough for paying a monthly fee.

yes, but thats only my opinion, im ok with people having different opinions. How about you ?

I wish that this game could offer a better experience but in my opinion its not enough for paying a monthly fee.

I dont mind you posting your opinion im fine with that. But its just funny to me that it was all negative. So essentially you have zero to say about it thats positive?

I dont mind you posting your opinion im fine with that. But its just funny to me that it was all negative. So essentially you have zero to say about it thats positive?

Sure...they did a good job with account page. I found the cancel button pretty easily.

Boring. People say it has plot and immersion, it doesnt. Its really elementary, the plots are pretty obvious. All the quest dialog is dull. Its all just fetch/kill quests anyways. No innovation there.

Once you hit 50, the game ends.

There are tons of bugs, lots of other issues. The game is based off a decade + old engine made by a company that created Text based online games..

Sigh* I am only playing this game because my guild mates are playing it. I suspect that soon they will wake up and realize how mediocre it is. Right now I am trying not to complain to much and ruin their fun and some of them are getting fed up with it as well. When GW2 or new Diablo game comes out see ya. We have beaten most of the content anyways.

This game has taken a huge step backwards for MMOs. MMOs are suppose to be worlds that you can live in and affect. There is none of that in this game.

They over did it with cut scenes and wasted a lot of time and money on it that should have been put into other areas. Cut scenes should have been limited to class quests and been a little better. I guess the first time you can deal with them (barely), but when you start another character and have to deal with the same exact scenes? OMG.....kill me please.

PvP is a complete joke. Did you guys even listen to Mythic one bit? I know they weren't perfect but geeezzzz, a two year old could have told you your plan is garbage. I bet Bioware thought they were the **** when Mythic was forced to join them. They treated them like dirt and told them they knew nothing. Guess we know who is laughing now...

Crew skills are lame. Really wish they would have done something more advanced like in SWG. I remember the days when there were people that played MMOs just to craft and have fun. They would spend all day making stuff, chatting, and helping others. Added a lot to the game. I still remember our guilds crafter from DAOC. She was awsome.

I don't have an option on flashpoints. Did a couple and thought...just as boring as WoW.

No server forums is kinda lame. There is no sense of community because of it. I have no idea which guilds are on my server, who plays, etc. Once again, a MMO is suppose to be a home away from home.

I really hope Guild Wars 2 is better than the crap MMOs that have come out lately...

This game just depresses me with how good it could have been. 200 million dollars and this is the best you could come up with?

I completely agree with what both of you guys said.

I don't even know why I spent so much time and effort to get all the crew skills to reach level 400 when you could simply play hard mode or pvp to get superior items.

And it's so hard to find a group to run flashpoints together unless you are in a guild.

Once you are in a guild, there is no reason to run it with people that you don't even know.

But if you do that, it only restricts the freedom of meeting and playing with new people.

And think about all those people who don't want to be in a guild. They will spend numerous of hours spamming LFG LFG LFG...etc.

Think about Diablo2. You don't even need to type LFG and you can enjoy from act 1 to act 5 with 7 other people. It really feels like multiplayer or super ultimate MMO whereas starwars MMO is more like starwars singleplayer that limits the max number of people into 4 with occasional operation missions. Diablo2 has short loading time, variety of enemies instead of the same droids that show up from the beginning to the end, teleport that doesn't waste your time ... I think diablo 2 is far superior to this game except graphic resolution. I think the max resolution for diablo 2 was 860x480.

Well im honest i had fun leveling from 1-50 but that only took me about 3 weeks and after that i did pvp and im Valor 54 right now. Then i rolled an alt and i simply cant go through all the repetetive quests again and im sick of the Warzones and random loot bags and so on

I just dont see anything that justifies SWTOR to be named MMORPG. Its lacking basic features to be called MMORPG and therefore i could just play skyrim or any single player game. I dont see why i should pay a monthly fee for a single player game with pvp elements and coop

Well im honest i had fun leveling from 1-50 but that only took me about 3 weeks and after that i did pvp and im Valor 54 right now. Then i rolled an alt and i simply cant go through all the repetetive quests again and im sick of the Warzones and random loot bags and so on

I just dont see anything that justifies SWTOR to be named MMORPG. Its lacking basic features to be called MMORPG and therefore i could just play skyrim or any single player game. I dont see why i should pay a monthly fee for a single player game with pvp elements and coop

Well you sound somewhat reasonable maybe give it a few months and try again later. The bugs will be fixed its just a matter of time.

The ones that really crack me up are the people hoping GW2 is going to save them. Sorry but if you trash any mmo thats not wow then prepared to be disappointed.

Well you sound somewhat reasonable maybe give it a few months and try again later. The bugs will be fixed its just a matter of time.

The ones that really crack me up are the people hoping GW2 is going to save them. Sorry but if you trash any mmo thats not wow then prepared to be disappointed.

I will like GW 2 IF

1. it does not have airlock

2. it does not have orbital station

3. it does not stop you from using your speeder

4. story is not as awful as swtor

5. it does not make you load twice each time you die in flashpoint

6. it does not take forever to find people to start a group mission

7. it does not feel like a lame single player game

8. it does not make a lame patch that makes half of the players to get BM when other spent several weeks.

What I know that GW 2 is better already

1. graphic :D

2. character customization :D

3. better looking enemies and environment :D

4. better action and hit detection :o

Edited by JoonKimDMD

I'm gonna give Bioware until February 20th to re-hook me. This battlemaster grind just isn't doing it for me anymore.

Not to mention imperials all got battlemaster in 1 day, whereas I have to work nearly 2 months. they didn't roll back that exploit. That is a kick to my groin.

4v4 rated ladder system, rated warzones, rated SOMETHING. Give me the option to not play with half goods and half complete bad randoms in warzones. and let me pick the freaking warzone i want to play. What is this, WoW 6 years ago let me pick which battleground i wanted.

I will like GW 2 IF

1. it does not have airlock

2. it does not have orbital station

3. it does not stop you from using your speeder

4. story is not as awful as swtor

5. it does not make you load twice each time you die in flashpoint

6. it does not take forever to find people to start a group mission

7. it does not feel like a lame single player game

8. it does not make a lame patch that makes half of the players to get BM when other spent several weeks.

What I know that GW 2 is better already

1. graphic :D

2. character customization :D

3. better looking enemies and environment :D

4. better action and hit detection :o

For one you havent even played gw2 so how can you even compare it? Also you have only based the positives on graphics which is always a mistake.

Ok, I am not going to offend anyone but myself. I have no clue what I am doing compared to many of you who have played MMO's like they drink water. I have played maybe 2 of them in my life and got good at one that changed so much often I got sick of it and couldn't waste any more time relearning it.

So what does a noob think about this game?

I actually like it. I am low level (18) and have ebjoyed every single level so far along with the stories. I keep getting lost in the damn game but I expectthat because again I have no clue *** I am doing. I keep saying to myself they must of spent a lot of time with everything in this game regardless if it seems redundant to others because there is just so much in this game.

Now I can not debate anyone compared to what else is out there. Right now I am just getting the scoop on some things. Right now I am pretty happy and in a weird way getting into the Character I created. It's just fantasy to be a Sith :-).

I have not had any problems with the game so far but I have a very powerful system so I shouldn't. I am not sauing there are no bugs because that would make me look like an idiot. I just have not seen any that seems to be that big of an issue.

So from me, an audience that is new to such a game, I am pretty happy so far.

I also would like to add the community is pretty good as well so far from what I see. People are actually nice in game. That makes it so much more better.

You kinda don't get it. A lot of people didn't buy this game hoping it would suck so they could come to the forums and troll. I for one love Star Wars. I remember being a kid and wishing I had force powers. I had over 50 action figures, Millennium Falcon, Death Star, Jawa robot base, and a bunch of other stuff. When Luke got his hand cut-off, I would think how cool it would be to find his light-saber.

However, I also played several MMOs over the last 10 years. This one just isn't good and it kinda makes me mad because it is Star Wars. I really wanted it to be good. I wanted to waste hours and hours of my life playing but like many many many others have said, this is not a very good game. It isn't a MMO.

Edited by AHChrist