Operatives still useful?

Deltasniper

As a 50 marauder the only class that concerns me is operatives, and this is still true after the nerf. The only difference now is that I actually have a chance to escape and regroup after that initial opening, though it still does a very large amount of damage. Before the nerf, if a op got the drop on me there was zero chance at all, which is very frustrating to die without even some chance to fight back. At least now if he kills me, I am able to at least return some of the damage back.

As a 50 marauder the only class that concerns me is operatives, and this is still true after the nerf. The only difference now is that I actually have a chance to escape and regroup after that initial opening, though it still does a very large amount of damage. Before the nerf, if a op got the drop on me there was zero chance at all, which is very frustrating to die without even some chance to fight back. At least now if he kills me, I am able to at least return some of the damage back.

You realize the nerfs aren't even live yet, right? You're mostly seeing the effects of buff stacking being nerfed in the last patch. The sweeping nerfs were announced like 2 days after that, and will go live with the next patch.

Operatives cannot do anything outside of stealth. Period. Stop crying that their opener is OP and pay attention to the class as a whole. They are garbage outside of stealth, have less utility than every other melee class, and are by far the squishiest class in the game.

Please learn how to be objective, people. They need their burst lowered but sustain+utility increased. Period.

Its funny how people say the nerf isnt that bad because its ONLY a 20% drop in dps.. but also cry about the sorc bubble, saying it blocks too much damage. But how much damage does it block?? If specked, yup.. thats right boys and girls, the bubble blocks 20%. People need to rethink how big of a deal 20% is. Edited by Gorra-Syn

You realize the nerfs aren't even live yet, right? You're mostly seeing the effects of buff stacking being nerfed in the last patch. The sweeping nerfs were announced like 2 days after that, and will go live with the next patch.

Hmmm interesting, I didn't realize that, I thought it was already live. Well in that case I feel bad for you. Honestly I hope it doesn't cripple yall to much. If there is any one person giving me a hard time in a WZ it is usually a op and I enjoy the challenge of seeking them out and trying to kill them.

Hmmm interesting, I didn't realize that, I thought it was already live. Well in that case I feel bad for you. Honestly I hope it doesn't cripple yall to much. If there is any one person giving me a hard time in a WZ it is usually a op and I enjoy the challenge of seeking them out and trying to kill them.

Yup. A lot of people didn't realize the drop in Operative damage was just from the Buff Stacking patch, the next one is going to make them downright useless.

If you really want to be useful spec heals when rerolling.

Joke's on you, Operative Healing is gimped compared to the other 2 classes. Sorc's can do anything an Operative Healer can do, and then some, and better.

Operatives cannot do anything outside of stealth. Period. Stop crying that their opener is OP and pay attention to the class as a whole. They are garbage outside of stealth, have less utility than every other melee class, and are by far the squishiest class in the game.

Please learn how to be objective, people. They need their burst lowered but sustain+utility increased. Period.

Exactly.

Bioware doesnt nerf based on. Oo this operative opener can be countered by

1. AOE around yourself.

2. Work in a team.

3. Keep your back against a wall.

No bioware nerfs based on all the ****** sorcs playing standing on a ledge getting 4 hit then crying because they didn't see it coming.

Operatives cannot do anything outside of stealth. Period.

(Valor 68 Sent speaking)

-There is a vast difference between Ops that are good and bad, the bad ones tickle me after their opener, the good ones can still viably DPS. If you think they're garbage after their opener then other Ops know things that you do not, L2P issue.

This said, I'd rather burst be moved from an opener with a 3s knockdown ezmode gimme-half-my-opponents-life-kthx-i'm-a-noob rotation to one that requires more thought and is out of stealth. Allowing people to REACT to another player is what PvP is all about, jumping from stealth and taking half their life (or in many cases more) right off the bat is a lot less about reacting and more about an Op getting ez win after ez win. Thus, moving the burst around and making them build up to it (similar to the shadow with voltaic+shock, they have to build up to it) will actually allow reaction, which is all players want: a chance to win by outsmarting their opponent.

They are still by far the hardest front loaded hitting class in the game. They play like a true assassin. You can shred any one in seconds and easily take on several players with all the CC and control you have.

And...

They require the basic skill to play melee, no more. You literally can script the fight and do it over and over and over again.

If you get Biochem 400/400 and craft the epic stuff then get some PvP relics/gear 6k+ crits while you laugh at people.

Im rerolling on a friends server and wanted to try out this class since i didnt like shadow, after the 20% nerf do you think it will still stand up well against the other classes?

No, unless you count one on one as useful and you are gon get absolutely bent over by shadows/assassins and sentinel marauders post nerf. All the other melee classes are better and bring more utility and will be able to do more overall dmg in warzones after the nerf.

As healers? Sage/Sorc is far and away the best healer in pvp.

If you want a skill class play sentinel/marauder. It is harder to play then shadow/assassin and that class will be rerolled to by most ops/scoundrels, so I would be scared of future nerfs to that class.

Scoundrel is completely pointless next patch as any spec. Yes you can do "ok" on it and lead dmg over bad players, but against good players? It is inferior in every tree, unless you want to blow every single cooldown to beat a few classes one on one lol.

Yeah, Operatives still need a slight nerf after the buff stacking, but what they're doing is WAY overboard. There is no way they had solid evidence/data to back such strong nerfs, because they announced them a whole two days after the 50 bracket + buff stacking nerf patch, and one of those days everyone farmed broken Ilum. There's simply no way they could have acquired any significant data in that period.

I'm being hit by Scoundrels for 3990, and not from their opener. From their shotgun blast. My Smash will hit a like geared Scoundrel for a 3rd less, which means I have no chance of defeating him as he has the same amount of health I have.

They still need to be toned down.

The only way that I, as a Smash Jugg, can compete is to attack someone without Expertise.

I am only missing 1 Implant of Champion gear and have a little over 11% Expertise and still get hit like that.

Scoundrel is completely pointless next patch as any spec. Yes you can do "ok" on it and lead dmg over bad players, but against good players? It is inferior in every tree, unless you want to blow every single cooldown to beat a few classes one on one lol.

Guess what? Good players have to blow every single one of their cooldowns to beat another good player in one on one as well. The fact that you think this is an abnormal practice already speaks volume of how seriously twisted in perception that some of the Operative/Scoundrel community has towards balance.

Way to undermine your own case with ignorance. I feel bad for the genuinely skilled Operative/Scoundrel players in the community having to put up with people like you who keeps on aiming the metaphorical gun at their feet and pulling the trigger multiple times over in public.

Edited by Obie_Wan

Before the nerf? are you talking ***** or what? i am sure the nerf isnt live yet, or am I wrong?

Edited by carbocat

To those who say operatives shouldn't be able to take down tanks:

They are by design suppose to be the counter to the tank classes

MMORPG.com: The Imperial Agent breaks down into the Sniper and Operative. How do these stealth style classes work in conjuction with the more melee heavy classes?

Georg Zoeller: The Operative gets access to the stealth field generator, the Sniper does not. In regards to synergies with more melee heavy classes, it really comes down skill point distribution. The Sniper gameplay is a lot about setting up your attack, delivering maximum damage from long range and utilizing cover for defense while the Operative relies a lot more on his stealth field generator to get behind targets (preferably those paying attention to one of those heavy melee classes) to introduce them to their scatter gun at close range.