The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Server population is dropping...

Miffy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is failing hard. There are many sites out there if you want to look them up that show a steady and severe decline in playing hours per week. Yes I know after the holidays people can't play as much but even from mid jan to now the playing hours per week have dropped significantly. Here is a link I one of these graphs http://beta.xfire.com/games/swtor. And again I know these are not official numbers by any means but It does show a trend of a dieing game.

This game needs to put the fires out quick before they are consumed by them. You know what I say? Let them burn baby. They deserve it after getting my hopes up for he past 2 years then releasing this PoS to me and making me pay for it.

xfire?

Yea, that rocked like 7 years ago

Unreliable source is unreliable

Why? Do you like smelting for 2 hours? waiting to do something? Funnnnn times there.

There is no need to try and debate what game is better, The people leaving TOR in droves, says it all including myself, I enjoyed DCUO for alot longer then this before I got bored. Time will tell unless something drastic happens this game will shut down or be FTP. If it turns around I will go back, but I dont have much faith, engine is trash, I have a gtx580, quad core 4.2, 8 gigs ram and get like 15 fps in pvp, have to turn settings to low total crap.

Show me the evidence that TOR is declining.

heck if you cba doing that, go to server screen at peak time, look how many light to standard servers there are. make a note of ones that are a bit fuller, then check back in a few more weeks.

Cba doing that still? Simply try and play the game. Pretty impossible to get into flash points now, even more so as republic or lower levels. and guilds that sued to have 30+ men online at once can barely manage to scrape together a 16 man operation.

There is no need to try and debate what game is better, The people leaving TOR in droves, says it all including myself, I enjoyed DCUO for alot longer then this before I got bored. Time will tell unless something drastic happens this game will shut down or be FTP. If it turns around I will go back, but I dont have much faith, engine is trash, I have a gtx580, quad core 4.2, 8 gigs ram and get like 15 fps in pvp, have to turn settings to low total crap.

>.< Yet you somehow 'forgot' to link/show evidence that people are currently leaving in "droves"

I can say the same for WoW, had what 11.5 right after cata? Now down to around 10 million last time I checked?

Mhm interesting no?

>.< Yet you somehow 'forgot' to link/show evidence that people are currently leaving in "droves"

I can say the same for WoW, had what 11.5 right after cata? Now down to around 10 million last time I checked?

Mhm interesting no?

Oh no!!!!!! only 10 million what are they going to do?:eek:

Yep. I do that, so that I have actual information for threads like this rather then signing up for your bilge water.

I get different results then you do. Your server sucks, or it sucks to be you. /shrug......not sure which it is. ;)

Edited by Andryah

Bull pucky. I'm running a lot less than that with a Hemlock 5970 GPU and I have never...NEVER EVER EVER....had fps problems or crashes AT ALL and am running it with all setting on high.

This is just a concerted effort to kill the game, not people with actual EMPIRICAL evidence that it's dying.

Edited by Blotter

heck if you cba doing that, go to server screen at peak time, look how many light to standard servers there are. make a note of ones that are a bit fuller, then check back in a few more weeks.

Cba doing that still? Simply try and play the game. Pretty impossible to get into flash points now, even more so as republic or lower levels. and guilds that sued to have 30+ men online at once can barely manage to scrape together a 16 man operation.

I just logged in as a matter of fact, 100 IF, its not even peak hours yet. Its around 200 ish peak hours last time I played during peak hours.

EU doing strong, someone posted 4 light, 10 heavy, rest is standard. Only around 8-13ish light on USA, rest are standard or heavy.

Do you have psychical proof? They did say they added more room per server.

Mhm interesting no?

Exactly, last time you checked, when star wars came out.

Same happened as with Warhammer, and DCUO, people leave and give their typical See you wow, this game will kill you, never coming back!

only a few month later the majority of those players head back to it.

I just logged in as a matter of fact, 100 IF, its not even peak hours yet. Its around 200 ish peak hours last time I played during peak hours.

EU doing strong, someone posted 4 light, 10 heavy, rest is standard. Only around 8-13ish light on USA, rest are standard or heavy.

Do you have psychical proof? They did say they added more room per server.

Do you have proof it's NOT dropping?

Exactly. I'd say there is more proof from playing the game that it IS dropping than it isn't. Can argue all you want, the game is a sinking ship.

It's peak time in the EU, every server but 3 are light. SO who ever told you the other drabble is either giving you false data, or giving you old data from weeks ago before the masses started leaving. Could be either.

Exactly, last time you checked, when star wars came out.

Same happened as with Warhammer, and DCUO, people leave and give their typical See you wow, this game will kill you, never coming back!

only a few month later the majority of those players head back to it.

Proof? I dont think they released numbers yet...

TOR did, 1.7m stayed.

That is more than WoW lost. (Not saying everyone came from WoW).

I play on The Ebon Hawk, it was a full server with a queue of 10-30 min. Now there are maybe 20ish people per planet and 70 in the fleet. My guild has gone from around 60-70 people to about 5 active. The game is losing subs. Edited by Blacktongue

TOR did, 1.7m stayed.

"Most" of 1.7 million stayed. Those numbers included people whose subscriptions had not yet kicked in when they made the count...

TOR did, 1.7m stayed.

they said 1.7 stayed (which was LAST months numbers by the way), doesn't mean the are right.

Once again, your argument is invalid.

I wouldn't be surprised if the game had not even 500k subs now.

Also get this, warhammer online had over 1 mil subs around this time (thats 3 months into release) and guess what, well. go check the game out now. LOL

Do you have proof it's NOT dropping?

Exactly. I'd say there is more proof from playing the game that it IS dropping than it isn't. Can argue all you want, the game is a sinking ship.

It's peak time in the EU, every server but 3 are light. SO who ever told you the other drabble is either giving you false data, or giving you old data from weeks ago before the masses started leaving. Could be either.

Ok, now i know you're lying which is frankly just sad

Checked just now, 4 light servers, 8 heavy and the rest standard

I play on The Ebon Hawk, it was a full server with a queue of 10-30 min. Now there are maybe 20ish people per planet and 70 in the fleet. My guild has gone from around 60-70 people to about 5 active. The game is losing subs.

^^ Like this on every server these days.

i'm on firaxa shark (one of the more sparsely populated servers)

and honestly, even on a light server I should have around 20-25 people a night per planet. I'm getting 9-15 a night.

And considering the amount of heroics i have qued, I can't get most of them done as quick as I'd like, or used to when I could easily find 35-45 people even on a light server to play with.

Or lucky? It also depends on what your guild's focus is.

Since launch we allowed up to around 60 players. We like to keep things limited and never wanted over kill. We aren't in the game of being the biggest so we restrict recruiting. With that and looking at the numbers...

We've lost 6 people that have either been removed (for behavior or culture clashing) or have left on their own (normally encouraged because they don't fit). Out of the 54 remaining, 45% have not been active in the last 7 days. I've emailed back and forth with most of them, because we do work to ensure good relationships with all guild members, and they have been pretty honest. They are bored. We clear through raid content quickly and there just isn't much else for PVE Raid-Focused players to do. Run into a tough Hardmode raid encounter? It is usually down in the 2nd or 3rd attempt...unless it is bugged the hell out (Soa).

So you can blame the turnover/churn on the guild but at the end of the day it is really about the game. If the players aren't having fun or entertained still, an amazing guild isn't going to retain them. We had two core raiders that have been central to the guild and always helping everyone and going above and beyond. They were on every day for hours and participated as much as possible. They finally said that the game isn't fun anymore and they are done. Was there anything the guild could do at that point? Nope. We chat every day on FB or Mumble but there is no value left in the game for them.

I emphasized the word value since people who haven't done any type of marketing, sales, or ran a business problem don't know how to understand what that means. Customers will end up leaving or stop using a product if they don't feel they are getting anything for their money. If they feel like they have achieved all they can for their monthly fee, they aren't going to keep paying for it.

Honestly at this point BioWare has an amazing start on a game that can be great. They have several things that need addressed. In my opinion, we are about a year away from a game that will have great end game content. Content that will last longer than a couple of weeks. Right now, this is an amazing single player RPG with a fantastic questing experience. However, not everyone is going to keep rolling alts and leveling to take advantage of the best part of the game. Blizzard had this same experience with Cataclysm. It focused on redoing the leveling process and content in the lower levels and end game suffered. They lost almost 2 million subscribers. If they want to retain raiding PVE customers, they need to look at the most successful period in MMOs for that - BC of WOW.

So while the game is great for casual people that love leveling, PVE raiding community is taking a severe hit right now.

This is an absolutely brilliant post. And I say that as someone who has criticized others for making "I quit" threads.

As mainly a PVPer who likes warzones, it's understandable. I actually loved the PVE till level 50 but after 2 months of doing solid PVEing, I needed something new and switched to PVP.

This game would have done well with an extra 6 months in development. I know that the "NO OBJECT" box I tried to click on was reported during beta testing, but it's become apparent that they released a product that had little time for polishing. They are now in firefight mode with bugs that should have never launched and it's sad that they are losing people because of it.

Edited by kristoffbrujah

they said 1.7 stayed (which was LAST months numbers by the way), doesn't mean the are right.

Once again, your argument is invalid.

I wouldn't be surprised if the game had not even 500k subs now.

Also get this, warhammer online had over 1 mil subs around this time (thats 3 months into release) and guess what, well. go check the game out now. LOL

Um, no.

It was released on Feb 1st if I recall, they said the CURRENT number, do you know what CURRENT means?

Most stayed and payed yes. Some were in their 'trial' period.