So... KotOR HD Remake for 10 Year Anniversity?

Lightstrake

I agree. I'd much prefer a non-MMO version. This game would be absolutely amazing without the MMO. When NPCs tell me that I'm going into a warzone, I expect there to be one, but because this is an MMO, it's nothing like there. I go there and there are maybe a people NPCs shooting at one another and then just empty space for a long time. I won't even get started on the subscription fee, server maintenance, and general chat that wouldn't exist in KotOR III.

The storylines would just be so much better and offer so much more immersion, the graphics would actually be good other than just the worlds, and I probably wouldn't have to play on my terrible PC and could play on my PS3. It'd be like Skyrim, but with Star Wars.

I had no choice. It was this or nothing.

wait you mean to tell me people still play console games? that $600 bucks coulda bought a pretty nice gfx card with money left over, but i digress. i agree pretty much 100% that a real kotor3 would have beaten the crap out of an mmo from any franchise you want hands down, simply because the design demands are different enough that no matter how hard you try to incorporate "cinematic storytelling" you're gonna have to water it down.

I mean, look at how awesome the Mass Effect series is....imagine how much more awesome it would be if it were a kotor series (not knockin ME but we all know kotor is the champ)

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
It's been a few weeks. I really want to hear everyone's opinions of this. I think it would be interesting.

You've necro'd your own thread twice now, just leave it be, clearly what can be expressed has been expressed, or this would still be discussed.

Nonetheless, it would be an interesting discussion. There's threads that were bumped multiple times within the same day. If I bump it twice, at least it was after a few weeks/months. It no one responds within that bump, I'll leave it be.

I wouldn't mind, i love playing games over and over again, remake or no. I play Kotor 1, then Kotor 2, then a new character in Swtor to lvl 50, then repeat lol. Halo's remake seems to do good, i bleieve a Kotor remake would work as well

. It'd be like Skyrim, but with Star Wars.

Skyrim but with Star Wars... so an open world RPG with only about 4 hours of actual story , one of the most awful combat system ever present in an RPG and contains more bugs and glitches than actual game content... ya sounds great

Edited by Liquidacid

Revan was given a canonical gender and alignment years and years ago, before anyone publicly knew anything about TOR. Get over it already.

Here here!

Revan had a Canon identity the moment they started writing the game, it wouldn't have been approved otherwise, stop complaining and move on with your life already.

Skyrim but with Star Wars... so an open world RPG with only about 4 hours of actual story , one of the most awful combat system ever present in an RPG and has more bugs and glitches than actual game content... ya sounds great

..^mad

..^mad

nah I spent 100 hours playing Skyrim... tho 85 of those were playing spin the idol on the loading screen because I got stuck in a wall or a 1/2 closed door :p

now if he had said Morrowind but with Star Wars I would have agreed

Edited by Liquidacid

Prepare for disappointment here, then. Eventually they're going to give 'canon' names and faces to each one of the classes in-game. That's what happens when you play with a strict timeline and are doing stuff demonstrably before other important events - they're going to put a name and face on 'your' character so that there's a consensus for everything after to build off.

Something they've shown themselves more then happy with doing, as both Revan and the Jedi Exile got names and faces, too. Do you really think your character in this game is going to be any different?

That is irrelevant, despite what they will do or what they have done, we fans dont need to like it. And manny KOTOR fans didnt like what they did.

For me They ruined it. And yeah i would rather have a Kotor 3 then this. BUt its the closest we got, wich is just sad, because im pretty sure manny ppl left or are leaving, or dont even play this game because of that.

Edited by Spartanik

my revan was black :(

hahahah mine was too!!!

only thing I don't like that they did was make the exile a woman and so easily stabbed in the back by Lord Scourge.

But I did get over it. What I didn't get over is that they tried calling this KoToR 3-10! Yeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh riiiiight!!!!!

This is SW:TOR and NOT KoToR at all!

Edited by VigDiath

That was done years before TOR, about a year after KoTOR2 was released, and wasn't done by Bioware.

I gave up a long time ago in trying to tell people that canon Revan was a guy and the exile was a female...info like this was common when the games came out. Guess we're the minority on this.

I'd love a Kotor remake!

As to Revan... why is he ruined if he isn't what you imagined him to be? I know, I know... it's "your" character. But that isn't how it works. Revan is a Lucas Licencing property, and they wanted to expand him by actually giving him a character you can relate to. I agree with that decision.

But then again... both my Revan and Exile were pretty much the same as their canonical looks. My Revan had a long hair (because I had long hair at that age) and was male, and I made my exile into a woman with a blonde hair that isn't unlike how she is canonically. So that could be the reason I don't feel offended that Revan isn't a girl... or it might be because Revan's frame in the cutscenes was obviously a male body. :p

Once the reveal was that you are actually Revan, it is obvious to me that it isn't "my character". It's a renowned Sith Lord known as a fallen hero much like Vader. And as such a huge character in that era, he would have to be given a face, a personality and a voice if you're going to do anything more with him.

Would love a KoToR HD remake, would have it on pre order the second they announced it.

As for the people talking about KoToR III, give it a rest. If your not satisfied with the game, unsub. No one is MAKING you play. If your dissatisfied with the game, take it to a thread where the topic is relevant.

That was done years before TOR, about a year after KoTOR2 was released, and wasn't done by Bioware.

Not blaming BioWare for this at all. Perhaps I should have clarified. It was actually one of the books that came out a few years ago that made the Exile a woman. I forget the name of it but it was nice book that talked about Jedi and Sith from the past, present and future (in the Star Wars universe that is) and all it took was one line referring to the Exile as "her" and from then on it was taken as canon. To me, the guy on the cover of the packaging was the real exile and I used his avatar more than once playing the game. But its whatever. I'm not mad though I hate how the book portrayed Revan and the Exile.

Not blaming BioWare for this at all. Perhaps I should have clarified. It was actually one of the books that came out a few years ago that made the Exile a woman. I forget the name of it but it was nice book that talked about Jedi and Sith from the past, present and future (in the Star Wars universe that is) and all it took was one line referring to the Exile as "her" and from then on it was taken as canon. To me, the guy on the cover of the packaging was the real exile and I used his avatar more than once playing the game. But its whatever. I'm not mad though I hate how the book portrayed Revan and the Exile.

I think that was another reason why Revan never wanted to to the Republic with "you." Imagine the akward moment when he met Satele Shan.....

I gave up a long time ago in trying to tell people that canon Revan was a guy and the exile was a female...info like this was common when the games came out. Guess we're the minority on this.

Not saying it's connected at all, but I remember reading the KoTOR2 game manual for the first time, and noticed how there were many instances when referring to the PC as female, (where it covered the base Jedi classes) instead of male or a generic term.

I think that because The Exile had never been given a name (until Meetra Surik) and only referred to by title, meant that a canon gender wasn't a problem for me when "it" became "she".

Prepare for disappointment here, then. Eventually they're going to give 'canon' names and faces to each one of the classes in-game. That's what happens when you play with a strict timeline and are doing stuff demonstrably before other important events - they're going to put a name and face on 'your' character so that there's a consensus for everything after to build off.

The Sith Inquisitor already has a canon name, just fyi.