Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Love the Bag System. Let's Take it to the Next Level, BW:

McVade

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... you came from Aion, didn't you? :)

lol not at all, I came from 7 years of WoW. I just thought I would try to be clever. In actuality, I haven't had any problem with the RNG system yet (Then again I am mostly a PvE player, just starting to get into PvP). So far I'm sitting at about a 50% success as far as bags go.

While I appreciate the humor in the OP's post, having come from WoW, I have to say that earning PVP currency at a fixed rate for gear that is a fixed amount of currency IS a grind not unlike going to work. It is absolutely not fun to grind grind grind and then yay, I got a belt...grind grind grind, yay I got bracers. I hated that.

To use a PVE analogy: why is raiding fun? In part, because seeing what the bosses drop after you kill them is exciting.

That said, the RNG bag thing IS frustrating.

??

Grinding out 20+ bags to get a piece you are missing and getting nothing but commendations or repeat items is a hell of a lot more frustrating than working towards a specific number and piece that you need.

The goal of anybody who wants to pvp "competitively" is to be on equal gearing with their peers. Once "equality" is achieved and gear can't be blamed for a loss then, aside from balance issues, you can PvP for the simple fun of it. In WoW, the start of every Arena season is an unwelcome grind to get the gear so you can compete... that part isn't fun - the fun begins once that gear is obtained. In TOR, no matter what Valor rank you may be there are such radical differences in gear simply because it's so random.

Edited by Rasstavad

Ive gotten 7 relics all of which got converted into random pve relics after the pvp relic patch went live.... GREAT JOB .... fire the "the pvp team" and hire someone with half a brain by combining their wages, cuz im pretty sure one semi intelligent person would out do this...

Once you've worked at Bioware for 60 days, you get the opportunity to pick from a better bag. You still have a 1/10 chance at getting your paycheck, but once you collect enough stamps from the failed bags, youll be able to get back 1 of the paychecks you missed in the first 60 days

Don't forget about the free lint in the bags (equivalent to the credits we get also).

Also there are only 12 unique checks that you can ear per year. Sometimes you will open a fanny pack and find carbon copies of checks which are completely worthless. I realize that you may be frustrated after working for 3 weeks straight without any money. But think of the fun of seeing a check only to realize that you cannot even cash it at the bank because it is just a copy of the one you opened last month.

In the spirit of your PvP system, I would ask for you to forward this little suggestion onto your bosses and payroll director.

Rather than be paid at a steady, hourly rate or a fixed salary, at the end of every day, you are given a nice Bioware fanny pack. When you open it, there's a 1 and 10 chance your paycheck is in there. If it's not there, there's 3 food stamps. Once you collect 30 of them, you can trade them in for the same paycheck a gas station attendant makes.

Does this sound like a payroll system that's going to keep you coming back to work?

/signed