Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

How do I compete as a noob lvl 50 against people in full top tier PVP gear?

acelesson

Ok so it works like this....

champ bags get you:

cent coms... you buy what you need till you fully geared

champ items are luck items.....sometimes you get lucky sometimes you arnt

Battle master bags

champ coms....again you can finally gear out the items you didn't get luck and win

battle master coms are luck

system works great....If you arnt a kid who needs everything now

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not that hard to gear...youll get owned esp as meele no way around it. But as long as u do all dailys/weekly u can easily get geared in 2 weeks unless u have really crap luck. This is how mmo's work its nothing new...you take your lumps until u get ur gear which in this game doesnt take too long.

I hit level 50 yesterday, bought 6 champion bags, got 3 tokens, I guess that's lucky. Other than that I bought 2 epic pistols, epic helm, epic implant, and 2 blue relics as upgrades. So I now have like 8 level 50 epics, although only 3 are PVP, i don't know how well I will do in PVP with some PVE epics.

How do you compete in most other MMOs as a fresh 50? Answer: you don't. You die repeatedly until you grind out a decent gear set just like everyone else. Actually you can contribute way more to PvP in this game because 2/3 Warzones are entirely objective driven. Your gear isn't stopping you from throwing a nice Huttball pass or stopping a door cap in Voidstar.

Just curious how other noob 50's compete against these people. Im a Sith Warrior, and every warzone is my own personal meat grinder. Most of the people have 10k more hitpoints than I do!

So how do I compete? Im on the verge of saying I'm done. Its SO frustrating!

10k more health than you? so the average player you are playing against has 23k hp? So you play full premade Tank guilds with no pvp gear and full rakata gear from NM raids. Pretty hardcore man, only reasonable thing to do is unsub with such such overwhelming odds against you. You are DEFINITELY not bad or a liar thats for sure!

Finally, practice practice practice. Yes, you might still get ownd by someone with 450+ epxertise, but being prepared taking the steps above, you stand a chance. Also, this is like practicing in PvP on "hard mode." If you can score kills on champ-geared 50's, wearing your orange custom set, you will wreck face with the proper gear.

This. This. This.

What do you think those of us did who did a lot of leveling and grinding through pvp on the way to 50 before the bracket seperation? We played against players in champion gear. Yeah, its harder. However, it made me a much MUCH better player now that I have gear. Pvp is a joke because I'm so accustomed to being underpowered.

How do you compete as a level 10 vs a level 49?

You dont.

You farm your way up to him, and then you compete.

Your a newbie in pvp, get your pvp items and then start to own, or just own now if you have the skill for it. Oh and just btw, if someone has 10k+ hp mroe than you that probably means hes wearing pve gear, pvp gear doesnt give thaaaat much hp, not even tank pvp gear.

Saddest think is most of current "battlemasters" was primary grinding noobs while 50lvl was allowed so farm low lvl in same brackets (yeah they are was lucky and fast to lvl first).

However swtors pvp "fresh 50" against "geared 50" even worse than WoW analog :) basicaly a geared guy will oneshot-twoshot you even did't touching, just with AoE skills while fighting another geared guy. Im not even talking about operative/snipers it's just epic facepalm :D

PS and you are hardly get any experince in pvp, well you know 2-3 gcd of you life against geared guys tells you nothing how you can counter/fight with your class. If you have steel nerves and big faith in future - play your dead meat role in WZ, but i see mostly new people going afk with just running forward.

I am just wondering when the present winners get there BM gear a month from now will they feel bad for new people who buy the game ?

Just a thought, from a republic player with no pvp gear yet lol

I have not patience to play a dead meat for a month or more because of famous sucky rng-bags-loot so ill exp in pvp all my alts till 49 and then... then maybe D3\GW2 will be released to try out :)

Just curious how other noob 50's compete against these people. Im a Sith Warrior, and every warzone is my own personal meat grinder. Most of the people have 10k more hitpoints than I do!

Exploit like the rest of them before its too late.

Bioware said its ok.

Get entry level 50 blue and purple gear via crafting/GTN, spec for PvP, and focus on supporting your team. Worked for me.

That doesn't make any sense. Why should people who PVE more be rewarded for it with the ability to complete more difficult operations who play less? If they PVE more they should be better players anyhow and should be raiding even if they don't get a gear advantage.

"The rich get richer" is not a good PVE model.

Like I said, I don't mind a modest gear advantage. Rataka having about 10-15% more hp and stats than a hypothetical blue 50 set is fine.

Funny how that works.

Someone said in a thread yesterday, you could buy level 46 weapons with expertise. Remove the mods, and make a set of expertise armor. Not sure if that is an answer, but unless they change things, that's what I'm doing at level 46. Would that armor be good enough until you get your first Centurion set?

Funny how that works.

Funny how that fails.

As already stated, PVE is not PVP. The NPCs you kill in PVE don't care if you roflstomp them. They arn't alive.

It's a fundamentally different model. Success in PVE does not come at the expense of another player who must fail.

Funny how that fails.

As already stated, PVE is not PVP. The NPCs you kill in PVE don't care if you roflstomp them. They arn't alive.

It's a fundamentally different model. Success in PVE does not come at the expense of another player who must fail.

Actually, most of the PvE content seems to be better organized and more rational than PUGs in PvP.

Having appropriate entry level 50 Blue and Purple gear, with a spec that makes sense in PvP, a basic knowledge of PvP mechanics, making an effort to focus fire, and thinking about the objective first will get you places.

Im with you my friend. I hit 50 just after the ill fated Ilum patch, and decided not to pvp on the way to 50 bcuz i didnt want to out lvl planets. I tried running a few warzones, but got frustrated/bored with getting owned all the time. I couldnt fatom how all these guys so badly outgeared me when the game had only been out for a month. such desparities shouldnt happen.

So moral of the story, I gave up on that 50 and started pvping on my lvl 25 powertech and havent looked back since. lots of fun and balanced.

edit: "deal with it" is a typical troll response... your feelings are valid. and daily quest grinding isnt a possibility for everyone given their life schedules.... I just want to pvp, not farm dailies for hours.

and "RE-ROLL" is a typical noob scared to try to gear up and compete with stronger players response. Saying that level 10s are "Balanced" against 40+ is imo the LMAO WORST saying of the day.

the thing about the gear system is it favors those who do not play 8+hours a day. the dailys are completely doable in about an hour or 2 tops. the weekly is able to be done in get this... 7 days crazy i know. its actually perfect for the casual player.

People you just have to change your game style when you first hit 50. Its like going from college football to the NFL. You just don't jump in and start throwing TD's. You have to play more of a supporting roll until you get geared up. For example, take the left turret on Alderan (sp) and guard it. Have someone there to back you up and make sure to chat in help when you see people coming your way.

Huttball I try to knock off all the ranged dps imps on the overpasses. Voidstar try to take them out as well.

I never get into the middle of the action. I am a infiltration shadow and am squishy even with gear. Try to pick out targets that have a less then 3/4 health or less then 1/2 health. You will be helping your team all the while. It is all about situational awareness and taking opportunities when they arise.

Take people down when you can and learn to work more as a team and less and an individual. then over time you can get more involved. Just play smart. and know that you are going to die and it is ok.

LISTEN TO THIS MAN, cuz this is what it's all about kids

You are not supposed to and there is no reason a fresh level 50 should be on par with someone farming their gear for weeks / months.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.