Love Star Wars…Love Bioware…Love MMO’s…not sure I love SW+BIO+MMO

Zodiacrat

I would certainly hope they'll add more quests, races and even classes by then >< They're adding a new planet in just a couple of months. Hopefully they'll continue with that pace.

Besides if the game keeps me playing for a whole year non-stop then it's more than done it's job.

Meanwhile in the next few months we are expecting the release of GW 2, which from the leaked internal testing is jaw droppingly well maid from start to finish.

We will see if it lives up to those leaks, but at gamescon and every convention people have gotten a chance to play it, there has been nothing but insane amounts of praise.

Meanwhile you can go back to beta of SWTOR stuff and everyone excitement was over the voice acting, Massively even flat out stated the mechanics in the game seemed to be more or less a re-skining of WoW.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The game has gotten really boring to me. Its all pick up a mission that I don't give two ***** about so I can see what happens next in my story line. I probably won't start a new character because I don't want to repeat all those boring quests again. Bring on GW2 with dynamic content and a real PvP system.

Meanwhile in the next few months we are expecting the release of GW 2, which from the leaked internal testing is jaw droppingly well maid from start to finish.

We will see if it lives up to those leaks, but at gamescon and every convention people have gotten a chance to play it, there has been nothing but insane amounts of praise.

Meanwhile you can go back to beta of SWTOR stuff and everyone excitement was over the voice acting, Massively even flat out stated the mechanics in the game seemed to be more or less a re-skining of WoW.

If gw2 is your kind of game I wish you lots of fun playing it :) I'll probably try it but from what I've seen there's absolutely nothing that looks like it will keep me playing the game for more than a month.

I'm sorely disappointed in this game and BW has chosen to ignore all feedback.

I'm done on the 1st.

Xugos, you've been voicing your "disappointment" for weeks now. I thought I'd seen the last of you after those free 30 days. I guess your money speaks louder than your words, though, since you are still here.

Why do you pay to play a game you dislike so much?

I will paypal you every cent of the 3500$ in my bank account if the GW2 forums is any less of a crapfest than the SWTOR forums. :rolleyes:

Edited by SoupyNuggs

Unfortunately, SWTOR has to compete with the big MMOs, or suffer the fate of EQ2 and LOTRO. They're not bad games, but they're not top MMOs.

Oh, and you hostility doesn't help SWTOR's cause, btw, it damages it because you're reflecting the community.

Not exactly sure how you re-enacted my post inside your head, but there is absolutely no hostilty.... Either that, or you don't actually know the meaning of hostility. Basically, reading your replies in this thread... Anybody who disagree with you with legitimate reasons you flame? Nice, I'm done here. BW has their own plan for polish and content and I'm mature enough to possess patience and see this through.

I will paypal you every cent of the 3500$ in my bank account if the GW2 forums is any less of a crapfest than the SWTOR forums. :rolleyes:

It would be if they had a game forum , there much smarter and don't provide an "official forum"

Bioware will learn; in a few months this won't have many subs and the fanbois will cave.

This game could've been great, but no one at Bioware had any MMO experince going into it. Shame, but the game is dying fast.

It does feel like it's dying but only time will tell. On the other hand only BW know the true figures.

Personally, I'm going at the end of this payment period but you never know if they do something great in the future people may come back.

What I don't understand is why you are still here.

If you do not like the game. Quit. And that goes for all QQ:ers. Just leave.

No one cares why you are quitting ...

If everyone that has an issue with the game does that, there will be no game.

Seriously.

no one at Bioware had any MMO experince going into it.

That's absolutely, blatantly incorrect. Though Bioware has never released an MMO before, much of the staff at BW Austin has worked on MMOs before. First for the company =/= first for the developers.

The game is a rigid, steel cage of a theme park, and that's not the direction the genre is headed. People want dynamic, fluid content -- they want their experiences to be different, or at least contain the possibility for difference every time they log on.

Nobody was looking for another game where the endgame was composed of battlegrounds, dailies at the cap, and raiding. We already had that game.

Nobody was looking for yet another bland, trinity-based, loot-dependent system, where nothing; not world PvP; not player customization; not anything personal mattered. We already had that game.

WoW is a fine product, but the people who want to play it are still doing so. Shamelessly copying it for most of your mechanics is not the path to future riches in the MMO genre. Get off this friggin' cloning bent, please.

What I don't understand is why you are still here.

If you do not like the game. Quit. And that goes for all QQ:ers. Just leave.

No one cares why you are quitting ...

It is a fantastic thing you have no role in the production and maintenance of this game, because I can assure you, bioware cares very much why people quit.

If people never voice their concerns or express negative feedback, how in the hell would you expect a game to improve? Stop your internal dialogue right now, because I'll tell you. It doesn't improve. Simple as that.

The game is a rigid, steel cage of a theme park, and that's not the direction the genre is headed. People want dynamic, fluid content -- they want their experiences to be different, or at least contain the possibility for difference every time they log on.

I wasn't looking for another game where the endgame was composed of battlegrounds, dailies at the cap, and raiding. I already had that game.

I wasn't looking for yet another bland, trinity-based, loot-dependent system, where nothing; not world PvP; not player customization; not anything personal mattered. I already had that game.

WoW is a fine product, but the people who want to play it are still doing so. Shamelessly copying it for most of your mechanics is not the path to future riches in the MMO genre. Get off this friggin' cloning bent, please.

FIFY. It's fine if you want a sandboxy mmo, but don't try to pretend that the majority does. (Sandbox mmos have historically drawn far fewer subs than themeparks.)

That's great but this is the forums which are a minority. I know posters like to think they are the "Herald of the People", but you simply aren't.

And you believe you are? :D

I've seen many MMOs come and go, most of what is being complained about in SWTOR has a crux of truth to it.

Ignoring that or pretending it isn't the case won't work, the only thing that will work is addressing the issues ASAP.

Otherwise just like WAR within 3 years SWTOR will be down to 2 servers, I don't want to see another MMO with so much potential go that way.

Unfortunately, SWTOR has to compete with the big MMOs, or suffer the fate of EQ2 and LOTRO. They're not bad games, but they're not top MMOs.

Oh, and you hostility doesn't help SWTOR's cause, btw, it damages it because you're reflecting the community.

Actually I'd say LOTRO is an AAA title. What other big titles have their fourth expansion coming in 2012, have a playerbase at +1 million and almost as much content, if not more, than the industry leader, WoW?

I know I've turned to LOTRO after the dissapointment of TOR.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.