How strict is the Naming Policy?

Lady_of_Steel

Hi I'm just wondering if anyone knows how strict it is

Quote: "8.You may not use proper names of non-player characters within Star Wars: The Old Republic, e.g. Darth Malgus, Satele Shan, Yoda, Darth Vader or Luke Skywalker."

There are hundreds of star wars novels with many characters. Could I choose the name of a character within these books that honestly extremely few ppl would have heard of. This character wasn't a main character of the star wars storylines.

I just like the name and was hoping to try and use it. There are so many names within the franchise. Even if a name is only mentioned once within a book/comic etc, is it still banned?

Edited by Lady_of_Steel

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst case scenario just make one up, can't remember where I heard it but supposedly you can make a "Star Wars"-ish name using this:

First Name = First 3 letters of your last name, First 2 letters of your first name.

Last Name = First 2 letters of your mother's maiden name, First 3 letters of your father's name.

Worst case scenario just make one up, can't remember where I heard it but supposedly you can make a "Star Wars"-ish name using this:

First Name = First 3 letters of your last name, First 2 letters of your first name.

Last Name = First 2 letters of your mother's maiden name, First 3 letters of your father's name.

I'm scottish and mine ends up being gibberish :(

Roski Stjan

Gibjo Jaala

Not bad..

*spells out name*

Saper Enlar

Uh... NO!

Edited by Beemerchick

Chrro Derod :D

Hiljo Pajef.......WE HAVE A WINNER hahahaha

Laish Moshe... it sounds like somthing from a Pokemon episode

You sir, are a genius

Oh wow, thats awful for me.

The first name generated from that doesn't even have a vowel!

I doubt the GMs have the entire library of EU books at the ready just to check peoples names. I do however wonder whether or not "evocative" names in the vein of Skywalker or Solo are allowed. I really want to make a BH or Smuggler called Lemmy Killmaster. :cool: Edited by FerrusPA

Should we put our social security number in there too? lol

Mine would be Vilvä Nisjar. Not too bad.