We are nothing but beta testers that pay bioware to play.

evildestroyer

I understand every mmo has bugs when they come out. Which is why we have beta tests, but what the hell is the point of SWTOR having it when there are so many obvious bugs? I know other games like WoW had bugs when it launched but this is 2012. Learn from mistakes of other games. I feel like we are nothing but beta testers paying to play the game.

I understand every mmo has bugs when they come out. Which is why we have beta tests, but what the hell is the point of SWTOR having it when there are so many obvious bugs? I know other games like WoW had bugs when it launched but this is 2012. Learn from mistakes of other games. I feel like we are nothing but beta testers paying to play the game.

Someone tell Skyrim that it's 2012. Why did they launch with bugs!

The year a game is released doesn't matter. A game will always have deadline X with Y amount of development resources to get it done in, and will always end with Z amount fo bugs for release because there is never enough T (time) to get them all.

This is a universal principal of MMO development that transcends time and space.

Edited by Brickabrack

Then stop playing. Not much more to say. I felt lucky to get into Beta, where most of the people polled said they would pay to be there, and now I'm quite happy to pay for this form of entertainment that gives me so, so many hours of fun for so, so cheap.

What's with the "we"?

I understand if you feel that way pesonally, but why must you insert the "we" as though you speak for us??

Why not man up and just use "I" in place of all those "we's"?

So many people on this forum think they are speaking for others. Let each person speak for themselves maybe?!

btw, I disagree with you. ;)

Then stop playing. Not much more to say. I felt lucky to get into Beta, where most of the people polled said they would pay to be there, and now I'm quite happy to pay for this form of entertainment that gives me so, so many hours of fun for so, so cheap.

you were in beta

you failed us

/force choke

To drive in more of the point by paying you give them funding to help fix the bugs, yes it kinda is like being a beta tester but this is the very beginning of the launch it has only been out for a month, if you are unhappy stop paying and wait and see if it goes F2P when more of the issues have been worked out.

I feel like we are nothing but beta testers paying to play the game.

Then stop paying for it.

You offer no suggestions for improvement (that haven't already been made by others). Your entire post is just a rant about how you feel the state of the game is.

Edited by Pengatron

MMO's are always in beta if you ask me. A game on such a large scale can't be perfect at launch. That's why the game developer charges a monthly fee so they can continue to fully staff their development team so they can build more content and troubleshoot and fix problems. Go play WoW if you want a finished MMO and don't want to be a part of the game and continued development. BW will come through. Things will get better. Until then I'm going to enjoy what the game has to offer, which is PLENTY! I can only imagine what this game will be like 7 years from now.

I have played a bunch of MMO's from launch and this have to be the smoothest of them all. Worst was Anarchy Offline launch, oh my god.

MMO's are always in beta if you ask me. A game on such a large scale can't be perfect at launch. That's why the game developer charges a monthly fee so they can continue to fully staff their development team so they can build more content and troubleshoot and fix problems. Go play WoW if you want a finished MMO and don't want to be a part of the game and continued development. BW will come through. Things will get better. Until then I'm going to enjoy what the game has to offer, which is PLENTY! I can only imagine what this game will be like 7 years from now.

Guild Wars 1 and 2 dont charge monthly. I played Guild Wars 1 at launched i remember it being a lot smoother.

You can make that statement about every mmo lunched

and it has .......

You can actually make that statement about any kind of large software development project and MMOs are some of the most complex software projects out there.

It is actually possible to write nearly bug-free software. For example, bugs are much more rare in flight control software. Of course, the development time is significantly longer, the scope of the software is much smaller, and the price is SIGNIFICANTLY higher. So unless the average MMO consumer is willing to shell out 400-500 dollars for the initial purchase and then 100 dollars a month for subscription fees, you're pretty much getting what you pay for.

pretty much this. i dont understand why so many peeps put up with this.

Sunk cost thinking, denial and quite honestly, many people enjoy the game despite the bugs. Varying levels of player will perceive the bugs based on their expectations and what they have experienced in other games. To put it bluntly, players that have not made a "career" out of playing MMOs are not going to be as in tune to these issues as those that rely on fine-tuned responsiveness to compete. Dirty fuel injectors aren't going to bother me as much as they would bother a race car driver.

Edited by Traumahawk

Guild Wars 1 and 2 dont charge monthly. I played Guild Wars 1 at launched i remember it being a lot smoother.

It also had no monthly updates. The original had one, 1, addition ever, the Forge and that came about due to the extreme delay of the first expansion.

I love GW, I've spent well over 4000 hours in it but its not comparable to a full fledged MMO, which is fine because it was a great and fun game.

Beta is the test phase of the game to work out as many bugs as possible, this is usually where the creators put up the funding for the development and before the launch, afterwards the game is out of beta however the OP is pointing out that due to the bugs and glitches it feels like he and other players are paying to still beta test the game. Which yes it does feel like that, however just like WoW before it went Freemium they had to release patches and while I am did not play the game I am sure that right after the launch there were issues as well and members felt this way too

I have played a bunch of MMO's from launch and this have to be the smoothest of them all. Worst was Anarchy Offline launch, oh my god.

I wouldn't say that this was the smoothest of all of the MMORPGs that I've played at launch (quite a few since '99), though it does rank in the top 5 for me.

I completely agree with you about AO, however. Worst rubber banding I've ever experienced! One step forward, ten steps back. One step forward, another ten steps back... Awful...

:eek:

Hello everyone!

In order to keep our discussions more orderly, If you have suggestions for the game, we have a fantastic threads for suggestions and bugs and encourage you to continue your discussion there. You can also report bugs in-game by typing /bug into your chat window.

Thank you for understanding and helping us make sure that the forums are as constructive and helpful as possible!