The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Powertech new flavor of the month?

Olvera

Level 47 powertech here. This is my first character. Just wanted to ask if PT is the new flavor of the month?

Seriously, been in four WZ matches today and grouped with tons of lowbie powertechs. Which in and of itself is painful due to PT's very low dps output compared to other classes.

Maybe its just my server, but there was alot of them.

PS. before anyone ask, yes alot of them were different people.

I know some guys on my server, as well as in my guild that have hit 50, and do to no one to play against reroll alts.

And yes I am seeing quite a few low level PT's.

It kinda fun though when 50% of your group is a PT, and the other 50% all have Guard on them :D

Yer we've had a few re-roll PT alts. I've even had a few repubs whispering me after warzones saying they're going to make one haha.

Others of course just rage whisper me and scream how OP they think PT is...

Thing is empire wise a huge % rolled a SI to start with and now they're at 50 theres just so many of them they're rerolling for guild spots and groups. I remember seeing a massive gang of operatives starting up but with them getting nerfed shortly I should imagine PT numbers will increase.

Yeah I have a level 44 Jug tank. My Jugg has good survavbility but sucks at keeping aggro - so i rerolled a PT and I'm going to lvl it up

Odds are people u see that r low lvl's r former jugg tanks that r giving the powertech a shot like me

Yeah I have a level 44 Jug tank. My Jugg has good survavbility but sucks at keeping aggro - so i rerolled a PT and I'm going to lvl it up

Odds are people u see that r low lvl's r former jugg tanks that r giving the powertech a shot like me

Exactly what he said. Jugg is super sexy until that first heroic where you get to tank. You begin to think..."am I really this inept at tanking"? Then when you play the PT, you realize that it's not only way more fun to play, but also easier to keep agro.

Now if the PT only had a great 31pt skill in shield tech we'd be all set. Yah I understand the utility of it and that's great but let's face it, we got jipped.

Yeah I'm one of them started mine about 2 weeks ago. first week WZ's filled with sorcs and mercs last night PT's maybe 2 sorcs and a bunch of merc DPS builds.

I'ld go into how well you guys do but I think you know the answer already. And an adjusted healthpool guarding is just as effective as yours 10K 1 life, 2k 1 life, shield 5k, solo kill, etc.. Our taunt stops just as much damage as yours. Our DFA stops a cap as certainly as yours does. And when a pyro lights up a flame on your backside sorcs start moving and stop healing and at level 22 grapple is a ball carriers nightmare. Works pretty good to pull the healer away from a node defense ona charge as well;). grapple, stun snare by the time they have LOS to heal again they have to heal themselves or if they turn to fight well their team is dying works for me as well.

I would also say in general they are getting tank heavy PT's seemingly the most popular the last few days, several shadows a rare jedi/sith. See alot out questing as well.

i sometimes do check the who on my social tab to check out how many powertechs they are on a planet. Less than the no of fingers on my hand and im Polydactyly.

Random check right now:

32 Sorc

18 Assassin

12 Operative

10 Sniper

30 Mercenary (omg)

4 Powertech

24 Jugger

28 Marauder

I didn't took into account the "basic" classes.

I have a 50 OP, but got bored at end game like a week after getting there, not wanting to derail the thread, it wasn't lack of content it was bugged content...guess frustrated is a better word than bored...

Anyways I rerolled PT. I rolled OP first because friends I lvl'd with needed heals and I wanted to try something new. Tanking is what I enjoy most though, its an excuse to run around hitting stuff, getting plenty of heals and not stressing over DPS meters. I am lazy. Anyways...I picked PT as a tank for a few reasons, fire, Mako, DFA, Fire(!) and lots of range attacks when needed.

I did consider Assassin tank as well, stealth and OOC 60 Sec CC but I didn't really research em too much, been burned as light armor tank in other games...Rift Stalker...looking at you.

Anywhos Tons of Mercs abound. Can't really escape them. The like The Old Republic...of Mercs. You see the same thing on the Republic side in PVP sometimes. Hard to argue with the effectiveness of Tracer/Grav spam in PVP. Plus they can heal and in combat CC.

Anywhos Tons of Mercs abound. Can't really escape them. The like The Old Republic...of Mercs. You see the same thing on the Republic side in PVP sometimes. Hard to argue with the effectiveness of Tracer/Grav spam in PVP. Plus they can heal and in combat CC.

Interlocking lines of DFA fire on your initial voidstar assault to make the defense forces travel alley a death zone. Had a supermajority BH voidstar run last night. It was a thing of beauty door armed practically instantly.