You MUST disable grapple on Ilum

Izariel

The Republic has enough problems being outnumbered 3 to 1 or more without being pulled from well within our safe zone into the massive zerg of death.

Seriously, being pulled is stupidly retarded on Ilum. Its really the only way people are getting killed. There is absolutely NO defense to being pulled other than having a sage friend able to rescue you within 1 second. (This almost never happens)

It infuriates me every time this happens (which is often). I am so careful to stay back at max aoe range so that a tiny portion will hit the front of the horde and the sith, when seemingly with impunity they push 1 button from EXTREME range and thats it, auto death.

I had this happen to me 3 times on Ilum within several minutes and I got so mad I had to quit because I had no counter to it. You are dead almost before you land.

Being pulled into the sith zerg of death is not fun, it is not pvp and it needs to change.

Absolutely not. If you don't want to be killed hide inside your base and back up another foot, fixing the population imbalance is more important than changing one skill so you can pot shot at people just outside of your base with impunity. Edited by lolsaber

For some reason they cant figure that out very often though. Pubs on my server might pull 1 person in 3-5 minutes, while the sith are pulling people every 30 seconds.

The range is the biggest thing that irks me. I swear they have a 35 meter range or something, because it is further than my aoe can hit.

It is a stupid symptom of a stupid system that has to change.

The Republic has enough problems being outnumbered 3 to 1 or more without being pulled from well within our safe zone into the massive zerg of death.

Seriously, being pulled is stupidly retarded on Ilum. Its really the only way people are getting killed. There is absolutely NO defense to being pulled other than having a sage friend able to rescue you within 1 second. (This almost never happens)

It infuriates me every time this happens (which is often). I am so careful to stay back at max aoe range so that a tiny portion will hit the front of the horde and the sith, when seemingly with impunity they push 1 button from EXTREME range and thats it, auto death.

I had this happen to me 3 times on Ilum within several minutes and I got so mad I had to quit because I had no counter to it. You are dead almost before you land.

Being pulled into the sith zerg of death is not fun, it is not pvp and it needs to change.

Sure. I'm all for republic never, ever getting a kill because they can't pull in to the invisible wall of autocannon death. You too, right?

sounds like op wants to spam aoe with impunity and get free kills with little to no work. Sorry to say this but no, the pull skills were put in to counter this kind of strat, either back up and stop hitting things or take your licks. Just because the other side has more people pulling does not make it op or even unfair. Your side has access to the same skills, not the enemy's fault that they or you are not using them.

No. There isn't one ability that should be gimped due to a planet and it's population ratio.

That's a bad approach to the problem, no?

I'd say Faction Population caps and make more Ilum world zones (Ilum 1, Ilum 2, Ilum3 etc.) Cap each faction at 64 players or something.

They already have the multiple zones, just not faction pop caps. It's a cap on the total number of players allowed. (if it's 100, and there's 70 imps, we can only call for 30 reps? That's straight up retarded.)

Give incentives to PVP ELSEWHERE:

Any other planet: Have World PVP rewards everywhere THAT SCALE WITH YOUR LEVEL

A.K.A. lowering valor reward gained from killing a player within your level range EXAMPLE:

If a player is GREY to you, you get no valor. If player is green to you (IE a L45 to a L50) only gain 7 valor per a kill, and raise the valor by 1 per a level. if they are 50 and you are 50 you get 12 valor. The numbers could be different, of course, or have bonuses from planet objectives. This could apply to anyone over L10, could start at L30, could start at level L20. That's all up for discussion.

IF valor bonuses (more valor per kill) are applicable on other planets, make them be an objective in a main faction base to capture/attack/whatever. forcing the populations to group up to defend.

Possibly Add World PvP repair costs as well.

Edited by asilos

For some reason they cant figure that out very often though. Pubs on my server might pull 1 person in 3-5 minutes, while the sith are pulling people every 30 seconds.

The range is the biggest thing that irks me. I swear they have a 35 meter range or something, because it is further than my aoe can hit.

It is a stupid symptom of a stupid system that has to change.

Were you mad when you got pulled and cloned?

Here's an idea. Stand further back or... and this is the big one.... dont stand in the base waiting to be pulled

This may be a shock but there is 2 exits to the base. And 1 is never camped. Oh and there these things called speeders.

Organise the 20+ people standing being farmed. Go out the other door behind the enemy and squeeze them into the barrier. You will get some kills if nothing else.

Or go to one the bases and take it. When people come to see what going on you farm them. You dont stay still, move constantly.

Do republic get kill credit when they grapple me and I get instagibbed by the cannon?

lol I was wondering that too. I'm more than happy to feed them a few kills when they are getting base camped, it's only fair (although, more realistically it's just bait to keep them there a bit longer before they give up entirely)

Edited by JohnSixteen

it was put in the game for the VERY REASON to stop camping and people who just run all the time, dont nerf a ability just because republic is overpopulated, what next, nerf healing and nerf dps because republic is outnumbered and empire has more healing and dps?