You MUST disable grapple on Ilum

Izariel

lol I was wondering that too. I'm more than happy to feed them a few kills when they are getting base camped, it's only fair (although, more realistically it's just bait to keep them there a bit longer before they give up entirely)

Exactly. I'm more than willing to give them fair shots at killing me because if it's just one side killing the other all the time then they'll stop showing up and no one will complete their quests.

If you are in this situation, grapple is the only way to get kills as a republic. Pull them into the safezone, they die, you get a kill.

This- you disable grapple, and your side isn't getting anything at all.

Tell your troopers to start grappling more, then focus who you grapple.

If they're in range to pull you, you're in range to pull them too. While PvP in Ilum can be pretty messed up, I really don't understand how Grapple can possibly be overpowered since it's designed to break stalemates and it can be applied in both directions. After all, if grappling the enemy doesn't kill him, most likely the enemy would've already charged you already.

The Republic has enough problems being outnumbered 3 to 1 or more without being pulled from well within our safe zone into the massive zerg of death.

Seriously, being pulled is stupidly retarded on Ilum. Its really the only way people are getting killed. There is absolutely NO defense to being pulled other than having a sage friend able to rescue you within 1 second. (This almost never happens)

It infuriates me every time this happens (which is often). I am so careful to stay back at max aoe range so that a tiny portion will hit the front of the horde and the sith, when seemingly with impunity they push 1 button from EXTREME range and thats it, auto death.

I had this happen to me 3 times on Ilum within several minutes and I got so mad I had to quit because I had no counter to it. You are dead almost before you land.

Being pulled into the sith zerg of death is not fun, it is not pvp and it needs to change.

Why not just make it so you can't use a pull while in a safe zone? Or if you are on the opposite side of the safe zone "fence" then they are inelligible?

I must say that the pull-skills in SWTOR are actually quite reasonable. Everyone who has player Warhammer Online on the Destruction side should remember the infamous White Lion pull - he could send his pet (dashing fast!) towards any player in the opposing raid, and have his pet knock that player back to the White Lion player. The range on this (at least until I quit the game) was so large that he could sit at the back of their raid, and pull you out from the back of your raid.