The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

597K & 648K Pyrotech in Voidstar

Vauleen

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the videos. Nicely done.

Quick question though, I am new to BH so not sure if this is normal for a Pyrotech spec BH to do, but is there a reason you seldom use Thermal Detonator or Incendiary missle?

Thanks for the videos. Nicely done.

Quick question though, I am new to BH so not sure if this is normal for a Pyrotech spec BH to do, but is there a reason you seldom use Thermal Detonator or Incendiary missle?

not the OP, but its generally a good idea to use splodey dart over thermy when you're fighting on an objective. thermy does not do aoe damage, but splodey does, which gives you the potential for collateral damage to interrupt multiple enemies trying to click the objective. They're on the same cooldown too, so in these cases its a no-brainer.

Heheheh too easy with 2 healers on your ***.

And yes, he stacks all kind of surge crit power relic-adrenal-boosts.

Its the only way to do some nasty crits, and imo they need to cancel the possibility of any short-time consumable in pvp. Who's doing the big numbers are biochem always.

I hate to be the guy that disses on this, although those are great videos, you should be aware that the republic team is literally just standing there doing nothing the majority of the time which is very odd and the numbers that he is hitting with his abilities without adrenals and such are strangely low for a pyro with his gear.

The only reason his damage output is so high is because of the extreme use of DFA and the stupidity of the enemy team to not interrupt him or move out of the circle of death.

Not trying to bash or say this is a terrible video, but with a little work and practice, the damage of a pyrotech with this kind of gear can and should be much more, even without the use of DFA (not saying you shouldnt use this ability)

I hate to be the guy that disses on this, although those are great videos, you should be aware that the republic team is literally just standing there doing nothing the majority of the time which is very odd and the numbers that he is hitting with his abilities without adrenals and such are strangely low for a pyro with his gear.

The only reason his damage output is so high is because of the extreme use of DFA and the stupidity of the enemy team to not interrupt him or move out of the circle of death.

Not trying to bash or say this is a terrible video, but with a little work and practice, the damage of a pyrotech with this kind of gear can and should be much more, even without the use of DFA (not saying you shouldnt use this ability)

Thing is, people just play like that. The game will always consist of 90% noobs and 10% skilled people, even in the 50s bracket.

Quick question. Flame Burst seems to be your go to ability when you're not Rail Shotting or TDing. You don't use Rocket Punch all that often and just wondering why you would choose Flame Burst over it given the opportunity? Rocket Punch seems to me to be clearly the better choice, and it's not like you aren't in the 4m range for it.

Good vid and thanks!

Flame Burst is awesome for a couple reasons:

- It hits for decent damage especially when critting

- It procs CGC's 6 second Dot which also puts a 50% 2 second movement snare on the target which is very helpful for holding back players from getting into melee range or keeping them in range. Also CGC is buffed when you spec for pyro so it hits harder.

- When your target is under 30% the dot hits 30% harder due to Burnout

- the 10M distance means it almost always fires.

- And it has a 30% chance to proc railshot

- Its elemental damage

- If I railshot a burning target I vent 8 heat and I have a chance to retrigger my cgc dot on my target.

I do however like rocket punch as it does a lot of damage and has a 45% chance to proc railshot. Which happens more often then not. And I could probably use it more than I did in those vids as it is a great ability.

Ps In case people haven't realized this. When railshot is proced there is a visual effect displayed. It looks like a curved yellowish square that rotates around your character.

Edited by Vauleen

I just listen for the railshot proc as your character will give an evil little cackle, other players hear it too. It's actually kind of satisfying to finish someone off with a FB or RP and have it proc, as your laugh when they die. Great when 1v1'ing people. :p

I just listen for the railshot proc as your character will give an evil little cackle, other players hear it too. It's actually kind of satisfying to finish someone off with a FB or RP and have it proc, as your laugh when they die. Great when 1v1'ing people. :p

This what I do, just listen for the laugh.