Is the Trauma Surgeon medal (5k heal) balanced for the 30% healing debuff?

JohnSixteen

I see DPS classes obtain the annihilator medal (5k damage in a single hit) quite frequently, yet I have never seen a healer get the Trauma Surgeon medal a single time (post bio-chem nerf).

I know it's possible, but the only solution presented at this time is to do all of the following... remod the PvP gear for surge, have full stims on, pop a trinket, and pray for a crit.

Considering I am myself a healer nearly in full champion gear, and have yet to hit this medal a single time is kind of alarming to me... are they seriously expecting people to be in full BM gear first? Or worse yet, require us to customize our gear because of a stupid medal?

Just seems to me that the medal was created before the 30% healing debuff was introduced and then never updated. Even lowing it to 4.5k would make a world of a difference. I don't want it TOO easy, but be on equal grounds with the annihilator medal for DPS. I could be wrong, but my hunch is that the medal was designed before the 30% debuff went in, and then never adjusted after the fact.

You can get the medal easily if you're a lolsorc or on huttball. Just stand in the fire/healthtap yourself down to below 5k then cast a heal when you don't have trauma.

On other maps you can get it if you can get someone on the other team to get you down to low life and then get out of combat.

It's pretty stupid the only real way to get the medal is to deliberately not engage in pvp.

Edited by yukirshiro

1. Take off pieces of gear until your max HP is more than 5k below what it normally is.

2. Re-equip gear after the Warzone starts (Gate Opens in Huttball/Voidstar, after landing on Speeder in Civil War)

3. Pop Relic/Adrenal as necessary and crit yourself for 5k to fill the HP deficit from re-equipping gear.

Yea ive gotten it on my lev 10 operative at least 300 times now. def l2p lol.

lol, 300 WZ matches and still level 10 is an amazing feat, I bow to your l33t ability to be completely full of ****.

To those that are < 50, the scaling on the global PvP buff isn't quite um... perfected? It is entirely possible that at certain levels, the buff is a bit too much making this possible. At level 50, with a full set of mostly champion PvP gear, even while using trinkets, have yet to break 5k.

As for the standing in the acid and healing mysef method, that is not quite the solution I am hoping for. Preferably, this should be obtainable through hard work and not by cheezing the system.

Conversely, most dps don't seem to need to do anything aside from use their biggest nuke and crit to hit annihilator.

Edited by JohnSixteen

I see DPS classes obtain the annihilator medal (5k damage in a single hit) quite frequently, yet I have never seen a healer get the Trauma Surgeon medal a single time (post bio-chem nerf).

I know it's possible, but the only solution presented at this time is to do all of the following... remod the PvP gear for surge, have full stims on, pop a trinket, and pray for a crit.

Considering I am myself a healer nearly in full champion gear, and have yet to hit this medal a single time is kind of alarming to me... are they seriously expecting people to be in full BM gear first? Or worse yet, require us to customize our gear because of a stupid medal?

Just seems to me that the medal was created before the 30% healing debuff was introduced and then never updated. Even lowing it to 4.5k would make a world of a difference. I don't want it TOO easy, but be on equal grounds with the annihilator medal for DPS. I could be wrong, but my hunch is that the medal was designed before the 30% debuff went in, and then never adjusted after the fact.

I have to use adrenal + relic to hit 5k damage now in lvl 50 bracket when everyone is geared. Juggernaut dps full champion except for earrings(rakata).

It's doable in full champ gear even with the trauma debuff up, especially on myself since I have the operative +9% incoming healing talent

Even as a DPS spec op, I regularly got this one by healing myself or other people after the trauma debuff dropped

Is it balanced / well thought out? Probably not.

It drops after about 30 seconds of no PvP combat ... look for example at 0:54 here:

Interesting, but I'm thinking that I'd be better off not standing around for 30 seconds out of combat in most situations lol.

I think my only good option right now might be to do what everyone else is doing, and level biochem.

i repeat my suggestion to healing:

"reduce amount of healing required for healing medals by 30% in correlation to the trauma debuff"

that counts for the 75k/300k medals

the single heal medals are fine, as hard to achieve as the equivalent damage medals. (playing a bursty guardian and getting the 5k damage medal once a week)

I can get the 5k+ Heal on my Sorcerer, but I often see Operatives and Mercenaries hit upto 7k. I had a guildee Operative crit heal me for around 7k yesterday. But you need full champ gear, or atleast I did to reach that 5k Heal.

In full Champion gear, full seer spec (sage healing spec), with biochem power adrenal, champion crit surge trinket, and combat potency (increase crit chance cd) I can heal for just over 5k through trauma. I have also healed for 5k through trauma with the warzone expertise buff, + combat potency + crit surge trinket.

Yes the trauma surgeon medal is balanced for the 30% healing debuff, if you really want to get it its quite simple outside of combat/trauma (either noble sacrifice/consumption or unequip/requip your gear). Expertise wz buff is your friend, just never use the expertise stim because it doesn't make sense to use a item that cost 10 commendations to earn 5.

Edited by Rabbican

Interesting, but I'm thinking that I'd be better off not standing around for 30 seconds out of combat in most situations lol.

I think my only good option right now might be to do what everyone else is doing, and level biochem.

clearly standing around for 30 secs would be a bad idea

just saying that in warzones there are actually more people than you might think running around without trauma up, needing to be topped off

even so, 5k is achievable through trauma, without relics or adrenals ... remodding for crit/surge is IMO the most important step (at least for an operative)