Headset Recommendation, Please

Switch_Ares

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure the Megalodon qualifies as inexpensive. I use Sennheiser PC 350s, but they're not cheap either.

Aye; I use Sennheiser PC 360s, also not cheap. They are awesome though (all my heaphones and buds are either Sennheiser or Beyerdynamic)

I use 2 , the wireless Creative WOW headset (don't know model number), and a wired logitech(around 60 bucks)..One thing I found to be priceless was to buy the replacement Warranty on the headset through BEST BUY...I have replaced the logitech 3 times now over a years time...SO that would say the headset is crap? I disagree to a point, I think the headset is comfortable, works great, but the mic eventually goes out after a few months, but i have had other headsets that did the same thing. the Beauty about the Logitech was this replacement ptogram, I just bring it in every 3 months or so and grab a new one (no cost)...

SO all in all, I am just saying buying those replacement warranties that cover it for a couple years for about 10 bucks is sooooo worth it....

Edited by Tiggress

I have despaired as my kids managed to break their, and my headsets (especially mine, since they were always pricey) and for acceptable audio & VoIP, we have settled on Micro Soft's Lifechat LX3000 - they are dirt cheap at under $20 and seem to be oddly indestructible.

All of you childless/catless folks that have no fear of careless accidents involving your headsets can turn up your noses at the LifeChats, but they get the job done on a budget.

I've been using the Corsair Vengeance 1500.

http://www.corsair.com/vengeance-gaming/vengeance-gaming-headsets/vengeance-1500-dolby-7-1-usb-gaming-headset.html

No complaints. Everything sounds great, it's comfy and apparently the voice clarity is good for TS.

Friend just got these as well and likes them a lot. The best quality sound in vent I have heard yet.

I also have Turtle Beach X12's as well as two of my friends that play and we all love them. Never had any problems with them and the sound quality is good. I only had them make my ears hurt once but it was because I didn't have the band adjusted properly. Seen them go on sale on Amazon for $30-35 before.

I also have Turtle Beach X12's as well as two of my friends that play and we all love them. Never had any problems with them and the sound quality is good. I only had them make my ears hurt once but it was because I didn't have the band adjusted properly. Seen them go on sale on Amazon for $30-35 before.

I just picked up a pair of these and they are fantastic. The ability to control chat volume and game volume separately is fantastic.

I have Logitech G930 USB Connector Circumaural Wireless Gaming Headset from new egg. If you are just into gaming, it's perfect. It can go for 8 hours on a single charge and sounds really good. Even for music, I can leave my home office and go outside (30 feet away and 3 walls in between) and it still has reception.

EDIT: it also has voice capability, but if you want something for music at high volume, the bass just isn't there.

Edited by DarthWomprat

I just picked up a pair of these and they are fantastic. The ability to control chat volume and game volume separately is fantastic.

I have not gotten that to work. Are you on Win7? Would love to get it working when my coworker starts chattering when I'm in dialogue!

If you want a headset that'll last for years, being able to take massive amounts of beating and giving you extremely good sound all at once, you can't go wrong with Sennheiser. Might cost a little more, but it's definately worth it.

I've had my Sennheiser PC 350 for about 4 and a half years. It's been tossed around, stepped on, thrown into a wall countless times, fallen on the floor twice as much, survived 2 trips to the us stuffed in a bag and other general harassement. It still functions perfectly.

I am looking to get MMO gear now that I am committed to this game, and I was wondering if somebody could recommend a very inexpensive, yet adequate, headset for use with SWTOR.

Thank You in advance!

I am using the Soundblaster tactical alpha fatality I got from new egg...Removable mic, and stupid surround sound noise cancelling earphones that are super comfortable.Only 50$ on new egg and they are beast!

In case you didnt already decide, I can only advise you to buy what the previous poster said.

I also bought a Plantronics Gamecom (model 377 I think, the stereo ones) for 28€ a while ago and am very happy with it til today.

Dont waste your money on the flashy overpriced ******** that razer (or however they are called) want to sell you. Trust me.

Anyone have turtle beach x-41's. If so is there any easier way to use the microphone with your pc, other than plugging a wired xbox controller into your pc and then the microphone cable from the headset to the controller.

It does work this way but its a bit of a pain having wires everywhere, and the sound isnt the greatest when speaking to people.

Game sound comes from my onboard sound optical output to the optical input of the turtle beach digital rf box.

thanks in advance for any :)

• 1 month later...

Reviving good thread to add my 2 cents, Did research, read this thread, shopped around.

Bought Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 for $59.99 (Target) nice rig. :)

So far it works great , sound is great, worked right out of box with default settings. (zero static)

Inline volume control and bass is real nice to have, compares to my Sennheisers.

The next price point up X32 I think was a bit more comfortable, (best Buy) but these are definitely comfy enough for hours, and hours, of play.

The mic is great, once adjusted, very sensitive because it will pick up kids playing in the next room. But with Mumble chat setup right with cut off filters, SNR or level, and a push to talk hotkey its a non issue.

It plugs into two standard audio and mic jacks on front of PC then an additional USB connection that is only used to power the inline amp, so no driver issues. It also will work with my XBox360.

Seems pretty solid, we'll see if it survives the kids etc over time LOL.

I could see how you could overdrive the input, then the inline amp and then go DC on the 50mm speakers and possibly damage them.

I believe the separate chat vs game volumes works for xbox live cable installed only, the inline game volume acts like a master which is ok. Have to play with this some more.

In any case you use your soundcards utiity to fine tune audio and mic as well.

Edit:

So May 11th and the mic died, not even 2 months ugh. So I'm looking to return them and get somethiing else. Maybe Logitec G35 maybe sennheiser PC330. X12 was nice while working, would still prefer noice cancelling mic. May en up exchanging for turtle Z2 or whartever they have that works. :rak_03:

Hmm having read up on this I may have run over the cable with chair roller and that killed the mic line I guess its a common point of failure on these.

Edited by DelphinHunter
broke hardware

I got a pair of X12 for christmas. They lasted about 2weeks before the sound became horribly bad. Every time i moved my head there was static from the USB power connection. I returned them thinking it was just a faulty set, but the new set i received is not much better. I think turtle beach's quality has drastically gone down hill in the past few years.

I also own a pair of P21 for the playstation. I bought them with they first came out a couple years back and the build quality is night and day. For the xbox equivalent (price wise) they are not worth the money imo. I am just waiting for them to die again so I can get my money back and buy something descent that will work on the xbox and the pc.

same sort of experience here with turtle beach.

Decided to go for the Official Razer TOR Headset.

This is really great. The sound is crystal clear, and they are very comfy. The only downside is the price, but you do get extreme quality for the price.

I recommend it highly.

Edited by Otowi