Best to worst. PVP Classes. In your opinions.

Derity

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powertech / Vanguard

Marauder / Sentinel

Sniper / Gunslinger

Juggernaut / Guardian

Assassin / Shadow

Sorcerer / Sage

Operative / Scoundrel

Mercenary / Commando

Some of them are really close and all are competitive imo but that's the best way I could break it up based on what I've seen in warzones.

Edited by gamerpaul

Powertech / Vanguard

Marauder / Sentinel

Sniper / Gunslinger

Juggernaut / Guardian

Assassin / Shadow

Sorcerer / Sage

Operative / Scoundrel

Mercenary / Commando

For DPS my list is basically the same, I would probably move Assassin above Jugg and Marauder above PT, although I agree with the above poster who says that at the moment many of the classes are very close to each other so I wouldn't object to the list being as you put it either.

I also think it's interesting to see the old ranking in the first post, with the major exception being PT, it's almost completely reversed now. :)

Sniper, Marauder, Powertech in the top tier

Assassin and Juggernaut in the middle

Mercenary, Operative, Sorcerer in the bottom

Edited by Rassuro

Depends what class you're playing and what the circumstances are. Sorcs/sages, particularly madness/balance sorcs/sages, are a huge pita to op healers, but are an absolute joke to carnage marauders. And the same sorcs that drop in about 5 attacks to a gunslinger will annihilate the same if they initiate the exchange.

Overall, I'm thinking PTs would be the most fearsome, though.

Most useless class is commando/mercenary - they do OK as healers but they do not bring anything specials to the table - everything they can do, another class can do better. There are some great commando players out there but they would be a lot more efficient with a different class.

I would agree with this, though. Doesn't seem like any matchup is a good one for any spec of this class. Maybe a telekinetic or hybrid sage.

Well, with assassins, we have the madness tree which is awesome for AOE damage. I agree, though, deception (single-target-burst tree) needs some buffing a bit. :$

Tank is very effective too, but somewhat boring to play.

Madness is just awesome for damage, though... Can't do this with many other specs...

http://i.imgur.com/R2gFE.jpg

...I could've hit a million damage if I didn't get interrupted near the end.

As of right now, anyone who doesn't say Sorc/Sage is the number 1 class in the game is deluded. Incredible CC, knockbacks, heals, damage, bubble...they do everything.

I don't usually scream nerf, but either they need a nerf or other classes need a buff.

Irony post, love it.

Powertech / Vanguard

Marauder / Sentinel

Sniper / Gunslinger

Juggernaut / Guardian

Assassin / Shadow

Sorcerer / Sage

Operative / Scoundrel

Mercenary / Commando

Agree completely unless operative is a healer, in that case I'd bump up op to above sorc.

Here we go from best to worst

PvP DPS:

Vanguard

Sentinel

Gunslinger

Guardian

------------------ all is below not welcome into rated

Commando

Operative

Shadow

Sage

PvP HEALING:

Operative

Commando

------------- spec below is not welcome into rated

Sage

PvP TANKING:

Shadow

vanguard

Guardian

PvP BALL CARRYING:

Guardian

Shadow

Vanguard

Edited by Roiz

<== Best to Worst PvP ==>

1. guardian/juggernaut - best in hb, great everyplace else. the leap and push are just boss.
  2. sage/sorc - best healing option. can pair with any other healer. no other healer can do this nearly as easily. dps spec is very good. great utility for hb. not a handicap in any other wz.
  3. sentinal/marauder - best dps option, including survivability and utility
  4. vanguard/powertech - best burst in game (assault/pyro). worst tank option, but in terms of vanilla tanks, they're good sponges (weak dps tanks though). less utility and survivability than sents/maras. high on list because they're the backbone of any rated.
  5. operative/smuggler - excellent healers. much better survivability than any other heal. great guards when no sin/shad available.
  6. assassin/shadow - most versatile class in pvp. tough to place in hierarchy. I could see this class as high as the jugg/guard, but in relative importance to the op, you can do w/o one of these guys better than a jugg or sent or sorc.
  7. gunslinger/sniper - good range option. very difficult to cc. not much utility or burst in comp to other big dpsers. can be nullified fairly easily via los/kite.
  8. commando/merc - dps is bad. at best, a hybrid ranged/melee class that depends requires turreting to be effective (easily kited/los'd). commando adds nothing to a raid that a vanguard assault doesn't do better (cc's). healer is comparatively better than dps, but it's clearly the worst of the three options. lowest throughput on heals.

After reading through all the posts here, I've decided to update the list so something that seems more alongside with everyones input:

== BEST: AKA: Most Feared Class ==

Operative / Soundrel

Sorcerer / Sage

Mercenary / Commando

Powertech / Vanguard

Juggernaut / Guardian

Assassin / Shadow

Marauder / Sentinel

Sniper / Gunslinger

== WORST: AKA: Least Feared Class ==

...Your opinion?

^ wow things has changed since January.

My list

Powertech / Vanguard

Marauder / Sentinel

Sniper / Gunslinger

Juggernaut / Guardian

Assassin / Shadow

Operative / Scoundrel

Sorcerer / Sage

Mercenary / Commando

Edited by Sookster

Everyone who is putting Sorc/Sage in top 3 is clearly trolling our class.

1. Pyro PT

2. Rage Juggernaut

3. Operative Healer

4. Tankassasin

5. Carnage Marauder

6. Sniper

7. Hybrid Juggernaut

8. Hybrid Sorc

9. Operative DPS

10. Mercenary Healer

11. Sorc Healer

Edited by Lanimal

Most feared class as of right now by the community is a Powertech Pyrotech. Here are my opinions.

1. A Jedi Sentinel/Sith Marauder

2. A Jedi Guardian/Sith Juggernaut

3. A Gunslinger/Sniper

4. A Powertech/Vanguard

5. An Operative/Scoundrel (Cause of crazy heals)

6. Jedi Sage/Sith Sorcerer

7. Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow

8. Commando/Merc

Depends, can't speak for tanks at all I'll admit as I haven't played one. Otherwise...

Best DPS

Marauder

Powertech

Sin

Juggernaut

Sniper

Merc

Operative

Sorc

Best Healers

Operatives

Mercs

Sorc

((Note- while snipers can definitely put out high numbers, I find them pretty easy to counter and kill on most classes- I will admit that with a healer or when doubled up with someone with great CC a sniper is pretty much on par with a marauder or PT- but, since a mara and PT can do that alone, I put them higher)

Well, hard to say. Let's start with DPS.

1. Sentinel/Marauder

2. Gunslinger/Sniper and Assault Vanguard/Pyro Powertech

3. Well, the rest of them, basically. Focus Guardians do the best damage from the rest of the pack, probably, but it's very situational; Sages, Shadows, Scoundrels all greatly depend on the team, at least in my experience.

Tanks

1. Shadow/Assassin. No contest really.

2. Juggernaut/Guardian because they are the alpha monsters in Huttball and Guardian Leap is pretty useful everywhere. Their damage sucks.

3. Vanguard/Powertech. It's not that they're bad, the other two is better.

Healers

1. Operative/Scoundrel

2. Sage/Sorcerer

3. Commando/Mercenary - Salvation and friendly pull puts the Sages above them.

I stole someone elses post becouse theres no point in rewriting it again, with few fixes.

DPS:

1. Sentinel/Marauder OR Gunslinger/Sniper OR Assault Vanguard/Pyro Powertech

2. Well, the rest of them, basically. Focus Guardians do the best damage from the rest of the pack, probably, but it's very situational; Sages, Shadows, Scoundrels all greatly depend on the team, at least in my experience.

50. Commado/Mercenary

Tanks

1. Shadow/Assassin. No contest really.

2. Juggernaut/Guardian because they are the alpha monsters in Huttball and Guardian Leap is pretty useful everywhere. Their damage sucks.

3. Vanguard/Powertech. It's not that they're bad, the other two is better.

Healers

1. Operative/Scoundrel

2. Commando/Mercenary

3. Sage/Sorcerer

Added Commando/Mercenary to dps list (wich the original post was lacking completely :) ). Lifted Commando/Merc healer above Sage/Sorc, If against a good team that instakills sage/sorc healers, commando/merc come in first.

Edited by Yurie

Yeah, forgot about Commandos/Mercenaries in the DPS list. They're also... ahem... situational. Tracer spamming is alive and well, if nobody notices them they can still wreck things. If someone does notice them, well, bad luck :)

PvP DPS:

Vanguard

Sentinel

Gunslinger

Guardian

Commando

Operative

Shadow

Sage

PvP HEALING:

Operative

Commando

Sage

PvP TANKING:

Shadow

vanguard

Guardian

PvP BALL CARRYING:

Guardian

Shadow

Vanguard

Sadly this is correct .

PvP DPS:

Vanguard

Sentinel

Gunslinger

Guardian

Commando

Operative

Shadow

Sage

PvP HEALING:

Operative

Commando

Sage

PvP TANKING:

Shadow

vanguard

Guardian

PvP BALL CARRYING:

Guardian

Shadow

Vanguard

This is the state of the game at the moment. It breaks my heart.

Yep, it's a lot of fun for me right now, as a sorcerer. Palpatine my ***

Hey, Palpatine was quite possibly the strongest Sith Lord of all time, you're just a run-of-the-mill lightning spammer 3000 years before him. My Vigilance Guardian doesn't exactly feel like Luke Skywalker but oh well.

Yep, it's a lot of fun for me right now, as a sorcerer. Palpatine my ***

I main my sorc as well, used to be Sage but rerolled becuase my brothers made me. I have a guardian and a sentinel - they're not for me. I've always been a "mage" in any game so needless to say I along with my "brethren" are truly hurting right now :p..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.