The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

My wife is jealous of my characters relationships...

jedip_enguin

Seriously, she actually gets jealous of the fact that I had

a one nighter with Jaxo and get engaged to Elara

Anybody else been getting heat over a game from irrational women?

Personally, I find online virtual relationships to be a bit creepy. I never understood the appeal. I play the game to blow things up, not to be Leisure Suit Larry.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I have jack to prove to you but I've been married to the same women for 37 years. Better than that, I have a happy, successful marriage.

The reason I know what I'm talking about here is that I've made this mistake. Better yet, I learned from it and understand how it made her feel.

You can take the advice of someone who has been there or you can suffer thru it for yourself.

Well I happen to be a woman and while I'm not knocking your experience with women and 'what they want' but.... we're not all the same nor want or react to things the same.

While my husband doesn't game I did date men who did and could care less about them flirting or 'doing the virtual' with computer characters. We would laugh about it.

And yeah as a women who games I do happen to find it bizarre that some women get so uptight about it. I don't happen to understand it myself.

But as I said...we aren't all the same.

For all you guys who think this is the wife's problem, I say again, you have a LOT to learn about women.

I've been married for 37 years, I made ALL the same mistakes but I learned from them. Seriously, why are you flirting and having virtual sex with your game characters? Honestly examine that and you might start to understand.

Just because you married a disfunctional woman, doesn't mean that's the model for all relationships. I've been married for 6 years and dated my wife for 5 before that and she just laughs at my video game nonsense.

Stop trying to portray this as anything other than abnormal on the woman's part. If your wife has the same problems, I pity you.

Personally, I find online virtual relationships to be a bit creepy. I never understood the appeal. I play the game to blow things up, not to be Leisure Suit Larry.

Its not a relationship, the game companions are not people :p

Certain dialog choices are the fastest way to gain affection with your companion, which makes them more effective in certain tasks.

I did enjoy the way you implied I was getting a sexual kick out of pressing some buttons and making some pixels move though :p

Yes, women are the most irrational monsters on the planet.

It's like if your wife was having a romance arc with a super toned sweaty hunk black guy companion and he was being all ****ty and flirty.

While you sit there and watch, listening to it via speakers or loud headset, your wife giggles as she selects the answer , "[Flirt]Let's stop talking, and do something about it..."

Then the super toned sweaty hunk black guy, who appears to be hung like a horse (Think Jacob Mass Effect 2) is talking all smooth like churning butter...

But you would be fine with that I'm sure, just like all understanding men...

...Because we all know men aren't intimidated by other men.

It's like if your wife was having a romance arc with a super toned sweaty hunk black guy companion and he was being all ****ty and flirty.

While you sit there and watch, listening to it via speakers or loud headset, your wife giggles as she selects the answer , "[Flirt]Let's stop talking, and do something about it..."

Then the super toned sweaty hunk black guy, who appears to be hung like a horse (Think Jacob Mass Effect 2) is talking all smooth like churning butter...

lol!!

He's not a man, he's pixels and pre recorded dialog :p

Get a grip fella.

And as it happens, my wife was drooling over some fella on dancing on ice the other night (the free running guy) and I must admit, he is a fairly striking fellow (and his accent must make pulling easier than shooting fish in a barrel ;)) I just laughed, I let my missus do what she likes because I trust her implicitly, its too bad i'm not extended the same courtesy :p

Edited by jedip_enguin

You have a LOT to learn about women.

You're pretending to have sex with other women. Get a clue dumbhead, women expect you to be emotionally committed as well as physically committed and having even play/virtual sex breaks that commitment.

Apologize, tell her you understand her feelings and don't freaking do it again.

LOL, pathetic.

My wife of 15 years laughed her butt off when Jaxo came on to me. The wives/girlfriends intimidated by pixel women need to seriously get some self esteem.

The amount of women justifying the reaction is just alarming. Most of the flirtatious responses gain faction and are no where near the level of sexual innuendo that the single player Bioware games are. MMO's are designed for 13+ odd remember. Half the responses could barely even be considered flirty and thats why its pathetic. The marriage/engagement thing is so cheesy even as a woman it makes me cringe.

Get a grip fella.

I think one of the points she is making is that a girl having a relationship with the well structured pixelated man could cause insecurity with the boyfriend's perception of his own physique and where he is lacking. Basically, she's giving an example of similar circumstance where the roles are reversed to show that both men and women can have insecurities, not just the women.

Get a grip fella.

And as it happens, my wife was drooling over some fella on dancing on ice the other night (the free running guy) and I must admit, he is a fairly striking fellow (and his accent must make pulling easier than shooting fish in a barrel ;)) I just laughed, I let my missus do what she likes because I trust her implicitly, its too bad i'm not extended the same courtesy :p

Your wife's barking up the wrong tree, so to speak. I mean, really, an ice dancer? Come on.

Hmm, wife doesnt care either way and just rolls her eyes at game romances. Probably would change though if she found me with my pants around my ankles while flirting with npcs, but she'd probably chalk it up to me being a sad, sad person.

My boyfriend and I both play, and we reguarly have a laugh about what our characters are doing!

This is called a healthy relationship.

Luckily i have one of those with my girlfriend, we were also laughing the other night and she was mocking me when those flirt/romance options showed up :D

Women (and men) who are insecure to the point of confronting their partner about things like this in a video game are only trouble.

Hmm, wife doesnt care either way and just rolls her eyes at game romances. Probably would change though if she found me with my pants around my ankles while flirting with npcs, but she'd probably chalk it up to me being a sad, sad person.

LoL- I'm so glad no one can see or hear me in my office- spreadsheets don't normally make people laugh out loud...

That's better than her calling the cops on you for killing so many Mandalorian warriors who were in your way, I guess.

Although not much.

I think one of the points she is making is that a girl having a relationship with the well structured pixelated man could cause insecurity with the boyfriend's perception of his own physique and where he is lacking. Basically, she's giving an example of similar circumstance where the roles are reversed to show that both men and women can have insecurities, not just the women.

Yeah I could see that wa where he was coming from but the rational part of my brain stops me from getting jealous of make believe people :p