Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

PvP Gear Makes Me Sick

Voqar

Sorry...but it is WAY easier and faster to gear up PvE than it is PvP. Im valor LvL 58, have PvP'd since lvl 10. I got 2 champ pieces, and 1 merc piece. I cleared EV tonight for the first time. I got 3 epics out of it and bunch of badges.

If someone cant burn the first boss in a Op. Then they dont deserve gear...at all!

You must think we were born yesterday.

For weeks, lvl 50 have farmed lvl 10-20 and received gear. OPvP consist of easily 10-1 odds in favor of Imps.

The rest of the PvP "1337 skilz" are obtained from AFKing in warzones.

Not seeing any rewards for skills here, just upfront glaring weakness being rewarded. AND!!!! AND!!!!! pvp rewards are completely RNG! LOL, even the system is built to not rely on skills.

SWTOR has THE biggest bunch of PvP sallys in any mmo ever.

Funny, PvE gear is RNG based too.

Also, the skilled players will advance throught valour/commendations at a much faster rate than unskilled players, in the same way that hardcore raiders will advance in PvE gear faster than more casual players (unless, of course, the casual players get lucky... LOLOL SKILL).

Also, if you think players can afk in matches for quick, easy PvP gear, you obviously haven't participated in any PvP. Your complaints about PvP gear functioning in PvE might be valid, but don't try to argue about things which you obviously know nothing about.

The OP is partially right. Normal Operations are piss easy, but the HM Flashpoints; well they are an entirely different matter and some take aeons to clear. Often only to find out that your current setup or gear doesn't allow you to kill the last boss (while not having any trouble with anything before that point) resulting in a net waste of time.

Oh, and if HM Flashpoints are so easy, take off your "leet" gear and go in there with lvl50 gear for your entire group, with blue mods, you know, the stuff PvE-ers start out in.

Even a few pieces of Columni or similar level PvP gear makes a HUGE difference for doing HM FPs.

The OP is partially right. Normal Operations are piss easy, but the HM Flashpoints; well they are an entirely different matter and some take aeons to clear. Often only to find out that your current setup or gear doesn't allow you to kill the last boss (while not having any trouble with anything before that point) resulting in a net waste of time.

Oh, and if HM Flashpoints are so easy, take off your "leet" gear and go in there with lvl50 gear for your entire group, with blue mods, you know, the stuff PvE-ers start out in.

Even a few pieces of Columni or similar level PvP gear makes a HUGE difference for doing HM FPs.

If you think PvP is so easy, take off your HM/Op gear and try to deal any damage. Works both ways.

Yes, you get rewarded even if you don't do well/win the WZ. Just like you're rewarded even if you don't clear the entire flashpoint/operation.

It takes 3-4 days of getting daily comm's to get a comparable T1 armoring and weapons. Add in that it takes an additional 15 minutes doing heroic dailies to get the Mods. By the time you hit 50, you end up with a completely purple level 51 set of armor and weapons, plus about 5-6 puple mods. Y0u can start this at level 47, so even a player who plays an hour or two a day will have all these items by 50. those that dont, are basically just lazy or uninformed. Most poeple jumping into HM flashpoints in sub standard gear, are those that are to lazy to put any effort in, and expect to get carried. Even then its easy to do BT & BP with greens/blues, with any average 4 man team.

HM flashpoints in general are a joke, and the only difficulty lies in learning the mechanics of the fight one time, or avoiding wiping due to a bug. The really hard part is actually having players that have a clue about how to play there class, which is mostly the DPS players, cause 90% of them in pugs are clueless.

To top it off, the instance only locks once the final boss is dead. so even Hm flashpoints can be farmed like OPS can be to gear up people, in a matter of hours.

Can you tell me the magic formula? Cause i am valor 43 with 2 pieces of champion gear and countless bags open for nothing.

^^ this

Mind also that full PvE gear can be better than Full champion for some classes. At least you CAN balance it out to have stats you want. In PvP gear, as smuggler, I am forced to have certain stats and they are not exactly what I want for my playstyle.

Mind also, that by getting Expertise stat we loose something else.

If you don't PVP, why do you care what gear other people are wearing? There are only three times that the quality of other people's gear makes a difference:

1. When you fight them in PVP (or have them on your PVP team)

2. When you roll for loot (people with lower-quality gear can roll "need" more often)

3. When they are in your group (people with low quality gear can make success more difficult).

If the other person's gear is too good, it only matters in PVP.

Am I missing something? Are you concerned that having people with good gear are your making flashpoints too easy? (I suppose there is a long-term balancing issue for future encounter development, but it shouldn't be a problem now).

EDIT: making PVP gear worse for PVE would bring points 2 and 3 into play...

Edited by sjmc

we had an amusing convo the other day while getting guildies together for an ops:

RL: mate leave your WZ so we can inv for raid

few mins later

Mate: oh sorry was afk, just leaving now.

pvp is hard yo

Yeah and that pve loser screws his teammates over in that wz.

Why? Because you can quickly gain PvP gear just for showing up. You don't have to be any good, you don't have to win, you don't even have to try, and you still move forward towards EZ-mode epics.

You DO have to do more than show up...you DO have to win, you DO have to try. WZ's and Ilum both take a lot of effort to finish the dailies and weeklies. If you just AFK you'll get kicked...and if you only get champion bags from WZ commendations it'll take TONS AND TONS of WZ's to get a full set of purples. You've obviously never done the PvP dailies or weeklies.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.