Class Story Crossovers

LX_Theo

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full list of audible people below, plus what they say: ;)

Master Yuon is taking a new apprentice?

The Hand closes. The rejuvenation begins.

Targeting Republic battle cruisers.

You were the best I ever knew. Goodbye, Jedi.

There is no life. There is the Force.

For the Republic!
Edited by Darth_Wicked

This arguably doesn't count since it's available to both Bounty Hunters and Imperial Agents, but an early quest on Hutta has you being hired to stop a father and son from fleeing the planet, as the son is Force sensitive and should go to Korriban for training.

If you kill the boy's father and send the kid to Korriban, Harkun from the Sith Inquisitor story sends you a mail, thanking you for your good work.

He does? Epic, thanks. I*m going to Hutta on my SI to get a perosnal mail from my old friend Harkun now. *Yeah, I've played through SI three times, as Dark 1, dark 2 and Dark 5, all without hurting my beloved teacher, not even once*

And well, it's does work as "sort of a class crossover" I'd bet.

The only thing we get from the SI storyline; Kallig is mentioned by Lord Alaric ( He says that a powerful Sith Lord called Kallig has been awoken, and that this Sith has causes others to do the same, and that they're "leeching" of his power. Other than that; SW sees Thanaton and IA gets to hear about Thanaton when Watcher 2 says that many dark council members are using their forces for powerplays rather than the war. I need to admit that I was impressed by BW when Watcher 2 said it, even though I guess it' not that big a deal.

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, Bioware kudos to you for all of that. But then... what are the timelines, which class story happens first chronologically?

This was the bit that got me... at least with the Knight. The Agent gets Kaylio inside the first 10 levels. You don't as the Knight, get Doc until Balmorra. So chronologically speakingspeaking, if the Agent and Knight Stories are occurring contemporaneously, Kaylio should be long gone from Nemro's court.

This was the bit that got me... at least with the Knight. The Agent gets Kaylio inside the first 10 levels. You don't as the Knight, get Doc until Balmorra. So chronologically speakingspeaking, if the Agent and Knight Stories are occurring contemporaneously, Kaylio should be long gone from Nemro's court.

As seen

, Kaliyo presumably leaves the ship for a while -- hence the "see you around, agent", plus leaving the scene. This is when she is used as collateral while Doc examines Nem'ro, in addition to probably meeting up with her Brentaal anarchist associates.

In other words, she was no longer in Ne'mro's employ when that happens.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

As seen
, Kaliyo presumably leaves the ship for a while -- hence the "see you around, agent", plus leaving the scene. This is when she is used as collateral while Doc examines Nem'ro, in addition to probably meeting up with her Brentaal anarchist associates.

In other words, she was no longer in Ne'mro's employ when that happens.

Rewatched it to be sure my recollection wasn't faulty but in the entire context of the that conversation she wasn't leaving...when you look at how the devs have made every other companion leave for a trip. Even without that in mind the context doesn't really lend itself to her running off to another planet to be held hostage. It also occurs quite late in the relationship, so yeah not seeing it.

Rewatched it to be sure my recollection wasn't faulty but in the entire context of the that conversation she wasn't leaving...when you look at how the devs have made every other companion leave for a trip.

Last I checked, when every single companion leaves for a trip they do the EXACT same thing Kaliyo does: they walk away.

The only difference is that she doesn't outright state she's leaving the ship, most likely as a wink of sorts to whatever goes down with Doc and Nem'ro, in addition to her affairs with her old Brentaal anarchist associates. The latter is foreshadowed however, courtesy of Dr. Lokin.

Even without that in mind the context doesn't really lend itself to her running off to another planet to be held hostage. It also occurs quite late in the relationship, so yeah not seeing it.

It lends itself to her having some business to attend to, pertaining her past acquaintances, which is why she discusses her present situation, being mighty pleased with where she is now.

In true-Kaliyo fashion, she feels NO regrets.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

The story crossovers are I think the strongest point of the story in swtor. That`s what Bioware should focus on.

Oh wait, there is only one story for both factions I forgot.

I honestly think the lack of real class story crossovers/interweaving is a big flaw. Obviously choice affected outcomes would be off limits, but there are a lot of events that take place by default in class stories that could have been touched on.

Like the destruction of the Dominator in the IA storyline. Really, a major terrorist attack in the skies over Dromund Kaas, a Dark Council member taken down by said terrorists, and their leader making a major Empire wide broadcast claiming credit...and this is of absolutely no interest to anyone else?

Or the apparent assassination (works regardless of choice) of the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic? Nobody notices or cares about this? I found this particularly annoying on my Consular. Like, most of Act 2 and 3 you're directly acting as Janarus' representative, holding councils with him etc....and nobody bothers to even inform you that he's dead?

Those are just off the top of my head because I've been playing an Agent and Consular recently, but there are tons of large and small events that could easily have been interwoven into some or all of the class stories and would have gone a long way toward giving the game a far more cohesive feel.

Edited by jovianus

I always came to assume they did it on purpose, as to NOT to spoil the experience for people who haven't played any given story.

I for one know of several people who took issue with

and
, at the time of the game's release for example.

I think you're probably right. I, personally, would love the mild spoilers.

Janarus is dead? *** how? /play through a certain Empire class. Oh. Well I'll be damned. That's how that happened. I love those kinds of little revelations.

Edited by eldefail

I think you're probably right. I, personally, would love the mild spoilers.

Janarus is dead? *** how? /play through a certain Empire class. Oh. Well I'll be damned. That's how that happened. I love those kinds of little revelations.

Truth be told, he can be killed on the spot, frozen in carbonite and delivered to Tormen, or allowed to exit the scene, forcing you to deal with Tormen instead.

Regardless, the end-result is the same: Janarus is out of the equation, opening the way for Saresh's election.

^^ Hence why, until recently, they were so very careful about codex entries or even in-game dialogue.

:D

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Truth be told, he can be killed on the spot, frozen in carbonite and delivered to Tormen, or allowed to exit the scene, forcing you to deal with Tormen instead.

Regardless, the end-result is the same: Janarus is out of the equation, opening the way for Saresh's election.

^^ Hence why, until recently, they were so very careful about codex entries or even in-game dialogue.

That's what I mean though, they don't have get into explicit detail, like about exactly who or what was involved, just general strokes.

I'm with eldefail, I wouldn't consider it spoilers, I'd consider it pretty cool to have various events referenced in one class, and then while playing through another come across the actual story of what happened and be like, "Ahhh, so that's what it was all about/what really happened."

That's what I mean though, they don't have get into explicit detail, like about exactly who or what was involved, just general strokes.

I'm with eldefail, I wouldn't consider it spoilers, I'd consider it pretty cool to have various events referenced in one class, and then while playing through another come across the actual story of what happened and be like, "Ahhh, so that's what it was all about/what really happened."

As pointed out earlier, they did that for the Vanilla release. Another one:

In the intro for the Seeds of Rage chain quest, Empire-side,

Oddly enough, Republic-side, Master Gend doesn't bring that up.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

• 1 month later...

Maybe mentioned above, but on Dromund Kaas there's a Bounty Hunter who hands out the Saving Face [Heroic 2+). Apparently the apprentice to everyone's favorite Dark Council member (Darth Vowrawn) tried building a statue of him with slaves. Then the slaves rebelled and the PC has to go put them down.

Sadly when you check out the statue, it looks nothing like Vowrawn.

Darn ungrateful slaves!

Maybe mentioned above, but on Dromund Kaas there's a Bounty Hunter who hands out the Saving Face [Heroic 2+). Apparently the apprentice to everyone's favorite Dark Council member (Darth Vowrawn) tried building a statue of him with slaves. Then the slaves rebelled and the PC has to go put them down.

Sadly when you check out the statue, it looks nothing like Vowrawn.

Darn ungrateful slaves!

Funny trivia:

The Apprentice in question was Lord Qet, which can be seen

, during the first meeting with Darth Vowrawn on Corellia.

Also, the quest giver for Saving Face is voiced by Michael Harney, the VA for... Darth Marr. :D

• 4 months later...

I would take crossover a step further and have your actual characters make an appearance in your alt's storyline. Granted, if you don't have a character appropriate for that part, a generic npc would do it instead.

Imagine your BH getting a bounty mission from your SW. Or your SI commanding the ship your JK has to escape.

First of all, I'm very impressed, you guys remembered a lot of random NPC names from all over the place.

Second, the crossovers I remember:

more than a few times at Imperial Intelligence, people mention Baras, Thanaton, Rakton, needing more troops and such

Also, the IA on Corellia downloads a hologram from a pub base that mentions SpecOps (Havoc) and "shock troops", the esh-ka from Consular. Also, the Jedi master on the Ilum imp storyline is in both the JK and JC storyline, along with Master Syo. As mentioned, Thanaton is in the Dark Council chambers when the SW kills Baras,

Lt. Iresso (JC comp) mentions knowing Jorgen (Trooper comp)

the Doc/Kaliyo, as previously discussed

I'm fairly sure the JK and Trooper are mentioned in each other's Nar Shadaa story, with M1-4X on the loose and the Powerguard project

and the JC kills Darth Lachris on Balmorra, the NPC for imp planet story,

and Zenith (JC comp) knew Gray Star, the IA's target on Balmorra

Doctor Lokin (IA comp) is in the lab of Dr. Godera from the JK taris storyline

That's all I can remember.

I also want to mention the crossovers in the Korriban Incursion and Assault on Tython flash points

in Korriban (pub side) you see:

Lord Renning, who wanted a tukata brain from your SI or SW

The dude who has you scan other acolytes to see if they were traitors

the lady who has you wash a skull in blood and fight the K'lor slug that comes out

(pretty sure) the lady who has you "free" the Jedi captive

On Tython (Imp side) you see:

Master Dimitri the combat droids guy