Class Story Crossovers

LX_Theo

The post implies that they're fighting (and killing) the canon SW, SI, IA, and BH (of which there is one of each), which can't happen. So it's not really a crossover as you're not truly fighting the character from the other class.

... and so clearly it's NOT the canon SW/SI/BH/IA, as I pointed out above. It's just a representative group. ;)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've sort of discovered a weird mess of continuity, and hopefully someone here can help clear it up.

My husband and I both have played through the Bounty Hunter class stories, and I've watched him do the Imperial Agent and some of the Smuggler stories. So there are spoilers here for all three classes. Just so you know, in case you're avoiding any one of those.

In the Bounty Hunter story:

At the end you can either commit to working with Supreme Chancellor Janarus or you can kill him. Either way, somebody else takes his job: Govenor Saresh of Taris. After you finish the BH arc, you get a mail from Janarus (if you're light and didn't kill him, don't know what you get as dark) telling you that his clearing your name cost him his career and that Saresh is much more aggressive in terms of stamping out Imperial presence than he was.

In the Imperial Agent arc:

There are several different endings. In my husband's, he defected to the Republic to work for the SIS and fight the Empire from the inside. Later, he received mail from Ardun Kothe, his contact in SIS. Kothe makes mention of the new Supreme Chancellor (without naming her) and how she's pushing for a new, more aggressive military strategy.

So, chronologically, the Imperial Agent story would have to end shortly after the Bounty Hunter story. HOWEVER.

In the Smuggler arc (and more IA spoilers):

At the end of chapter 1 in the Smuggler story, you get to meet Nok Drayen! How awesome is that if you've played an agent! Except then he dies from that horrible disease. Which makes absolutely no sense because at the end of the IA story you discover that Nok Drayen is a member of the Star Cabal. More importantly, he's alive at the end of the IA story and escapes.

And then, chronologically, THAT event would put the IA story (and consequently, the BH story) back as happening some 10+ years BEFORE the Smuggler story. But that can't be right because of the ties they share with other classes.

But all this is assuming all the class stories have a chronological order with each other. I think it may be best to look at them all as independent stories and not some big, interconnected epic.

If I'm wrong about something or have misinterpreted something that happened, do let me know. Because I really am very confused.

Edited to fix a title.

Edited by aquastar

This isn't exactly a class story crossover, but on Balmorra there is a side quest for all classes where you recover data with detailing the locations of supply cahes on Balmorra. The info was sent from off world by the Balmorran represenative that the Jedi Consular later deals with.

Itty-bitty one between the SI and JK.

When the Inquisitor is corrupting Ashara Zavros in Act II, the holocron is of Darth Angral's teachings. Angral is the main antagonist of the Jedi Knight in Act I.

Also, just in general...

It seems like Imperial Taris is the same areas as Republic Taris, just later on in the timeline. The Republic comes in first to fix things up, and then the Imps show up to kick over their sandcastle.

It made me feel like I was betraying myself just a bit, undoing all that work I did earlier on the Republic side.

Also, just in general...

It seems like Imperial Taris is the same areas as Republic Taris, just later on in the timeline. The Republic comes in first to fix things up, and then the Imps show up to kick over their sandcastle.

Balmorra is the same, but the other way around. As an imp you pave the way for Darth Lacrhis to have full control over the planet, and as a rep you mess all that up and then kill her. It kind of made me rage, "Why did I go through all the trouble of doing the bonus series!" lol

Edited by Thilath

Balmorra is the same, but the other way around. As an imp you pave the way for Darth Lacrhis to have full control over the planet, and as a rep you mess all that up and then kill her. It kind of made me rage, "Why did I go through all the trouble of doing the bonus series!" lol

For the loot and exp? :p

On a more serious note, the Imperial bonus series for Balmorra actually leads directly into the start of the Republic world arc. During the wrap up text for the bonus series, one of the Imperials mention that your actions have forced one of the Resistance(or was it Republic?) regiments inot Bugtown where they are being eaten by Colicoids. The Republic world arc then picks up some time later where Bugtown is the last foothold the Republic forces have into the planet. Arguably, the forces there might not have been the one the NPC was talking about, but it works so well that I see no reason for it to not the case.

I've sort of discovered a weird mess of continuity, and hopefully someone here can help clear it up.

My husband and I both have played through the Bounty Hunter class stories, and I've watched him do the Imperial Agent and some of the Smuggler stories. So there are spoilers here for all three classes. Just so you know, in case you're avoiding any one of those.

In the Bounty Hunter story:

At the end you can either commit to working with Supreme Chancellor Janarus or you can kill him. Either way, somebody else takes his job: Govenor Saresh of Taris. After you finish the BH arc, you get a mail from Janarus (if you're light and didn't kill him, don't know what you get as dark) telling you that his clearing your name cost him his career and that Saresh is much more aggressive in terms of stamping out Imperial presence than he was.

In the Imperial Agent arc:

There are several different endings. In my husband's, he defected to the Republic to work for the SIS and fight the Empire from the inside. Later, he received mail from Ardun Kothe, his contact in SIS. Kothe makes mention of the new Supreme Chancellor (without naming her) and how she's pushing for a new, more aggressive military strategy.

So, chronologically, the Imperial Agent story would have to end shortly after the Bounty Hunter story. HOWEVER.

In the Smuggler arc (and more IA spoilers):

At the end of chapter 1 in the Smuggler story, you get to meet Nok Drayen! How awesome is that if you've played an agent! Except then he dies from that horrible disease. Which makes absolutely no sense because at the end of the IA story you discover that Nok Drayen is a member of the Star Cabal. More importantly, he's alive at the end of the IA story and escapes.

And then, chronologically, THAT event would put the IA story (and consequently, the BH story) back as happening some 10+ years BEFORE the Smuggler story. But that can't be right because of the ties they share with other classes.

But all this is assuming all the class stories have a chronological order with each other. I think it may be best to look at them all as independent stories and not some big, interconnected epic.

If I'm wrong about something or have misinterpreted something that happened, do let me know. Because I really am very confused.

Edited to fix a title.

IIRC Nok Drayen only showed up once during IA's chapter 3, and that was in a archived meeting dated 6 months ago. He's long dead by the time IAs break up the Star Cabal. On that note, since there's such a short window in which Nok could have taken part in that meeting, it establishes a time span of 6-7 months for the entire game.

More crossovers with the IA:

A list of Star Cabal members, in relation to other classes, pieced together from memory, so correct me If I get anything wrong:

Yem Leksende (Father/uncle to Gayem Leksende of the Republic Tatooine world arc)

Kolovish (Tython quest npc)

Nok Drayen (Major NPC for Smuggler chapter 1)(Dead by the time chapter 3 occurs)

An unknown Hutt

An unknown Voss

Lhunu (Consular Belsavis NPC)

Dao Stryver (From Fatal Alliance)

Edited by Brigorpser

Am I the only one that hopes for SOME kind of interaction between Scourge (original Wrath) and SW (new Wrath)? I realize that because of Scourge being a companion, this will be kinda hard to pull off but this kind of thing would scream awesome in my book. Especially if they put in a companion quest for Scourge in which he learns that someone took the position of Wrath and seeks that someone. Of course there would be 0 possibility for any kind of permanent repercution (as in death) but nevertheless, the standoff between 2 Wraths would be incredible.

They could add in quests that require another specific class to do. They could be same faction (JK and JC) or opposite (JK and SW). The same faction ones would be about these two great heros teaming up to take on a big challenge and the cross faction could involve companions. Obviously no one can die but how about one where the two emperors wraths face off while the JK tries to bring jaesa back to the Jedi? The players both win their fight against the companions but before they can kill/turn/make any change they run into each other and have an epic showdown between mirrors. Again, no one dies but I think those would be fun quests to add into the game. Edited by Jayrik

Not quite a class crossover, but at the end of Smuggler chapter 2, you raid an imperial treasury ship and loot it of valuables. Among these is a mutant tukata brain that Sith Warriors and Inquisitors give to the Sith on Korriban. This implies the success of the Sith tukata experiment. You also loot the skull of Canderous Ordo among other items.

They could add in quests that require another specific class to do. They could be same faction (JK and JC) or opposite (JK and SW). The same faction ones would be about these two great heros teaming up to take on a big challenge and the cross faction could involve companions. Obviously no one can die but how about one where the two emperors wraths face off while the JK tries to bring jaesa back to the Jedi? The players both win their fight against the companions but before they can kill/turn/make any change they run into each other and have an epic showdown between mirrors. Again, no one dies but I think those would be fun quests to add into the game.

**** yes please. Also, other than pure story epicness, this could serve as an excellent material for companion storylines, assuming we will get proper quests for companions other than the ones we get at the beginning.

The Jedi Knight's story is certainly before the Sith Warrior's isn't it? Don't know much about SW, but from what I've heard:

The Emperor informs his Wrath that he was defeated by a Jedi (act 3 of JK) and needs to time to recuperate.

As the duel between JK and Emperor is the final boss fight of act 3, yet the SW learns of this afterwards, can we conclude that these two are back to back?

Here's a couple more crossovers.

In Vette's affection convos, she mentions growing up part of her life with Risha Drayen, and serving as part of Nok's crew.

In Doc's affection convos, he actually goes to Hutta and has Kaliyo come take his place for a minute. Definitely a crossover with the IA there. lol

The Jedi Knight's story is certainly before the Sith Warrior's isn't it? Don't know much about SW, but from what I've heard:

The Emperor informs his Wrath that he was defeated by a Jedi (act 3 of JK) and needs to time to recuperate.

As the duel between JK and Emperor is the final boss fight of act 3, yet the SW learns of this afterwards, can we conclude that these two are back to back?

Not really.

The email from Servant One saying that the Emperor's Voice was defeated by the Jedi while the Sith Warrior was taking care of his final class story fight. The Sith Warrior Chapter 3 most likely starts after the Jedi Knight Chapter 3, but the two are generally occuring at the same time. Sith Warrior most likely finishes Voss before the Jedi Knight, and the two likely finish their stories at roughly the same time

Not really.

The email from Servant One saying that the Emperor's Voice was defeated by the Jedi while the Sith Warrior was taking care of his final class story fight. The Sith Warrior Chapter 3 most likely starts after the Jedi Knight Chapter 3, but the two are generally occuring at the same time. Sith Warrior most likely finishes Voss before the Jedi Knight, and the two likely finish their stories at roughly the same time

Thanks for this clarification, I read your other thread and it made sense then!

Not exactly a 'crossover,' but:

On Taris, there's a planetary quest in which a Jedi Padawan asks you to find relics in the Tarisian Jedi elclave (which, BTW, is from the KOTOR comics). Anyway, he says that Master Silvarte sent him. Master Silvarte sends the Knights/Consulars to find out if his Padawan is having a romantic relationship with another Padawan on Tython.

Clearly the most visible of all of these is:

Master Syo Bakarn being a Child of the Emperor, who speaks for the Council when you bring Kira before the Council to them when you know. Syo Bakarn is the ifrst Child of the Emperor, and Kira is a later Daughter of the Emperor.

Edited by ilovethepink
Edited out the Harkon mail from a Hutta Quest.

Little things I noticed from the IA story:

On Empire-Taris, you first find Dr. Lokin in the old lab of Dr. Godera, an NPC from the JK story on Republic-Taris. You also get sent to Needles' lab from the Trooper story (although Lokin doesn't call Needles by that nickname...I didn't realize he was talking about the same person until I actually got to the story phase and realized I'd been to that lab before).

In Chapter 3, I think Keeper makes a specific reference to the major Sith class NPCs: Baras, Vowrawn, and Thanaton are described as having deployed forces on Correllia as part of their political powerplays. I also think the names of some major Republic-side NPCs are mentioned to by other characters...General Garza from the Trooper story, possibly. And I want to say Republic Admiral Numen(sp?) makes an appearance, too.

Adding to notable members of the Star Cabal, I swear I thought I saw a Rakata at the meeting, but it was late and I might have been mistaken. It was just weird, though, because I thought they were extinct?

I have to disagree with an earlier post putting the Consular story before the Inquisitor one, because (JK, SI, JC, Corellia Pub/Imp spoilers)

The Imperial main planet quest for Corellia, which of course takes place at the same time as the Inquisitor story quest there, has Darth Decimus as the main leader/questgiver and ends with Corellia's government agreeing to Imperial control of the planet. The Republic main planet quest for Corellia, which takes place at the same time as the Consular story quest, ends with you killing Darth Decimus and arresting the Corellian government members who turned the planet over to the Empire.

Just as with Darth Lachris on Balmorra, an NPC's death pretty solidly establishes the timeline and confirms that all of the Republic quests which end on Corellia have to come after those Imperial ones which do.

Of course, this does not effect class story quests which have end nodes on places other than Corellia, such as the Jedi Knight. We know the Sith Warrior has some elements taking place after the Jedi Knight battles the Emperor on Dromund Kaas, for example.