So again, this is not misleading by any means?

andrelle

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

According to my math they have given just under 500,000 of all pre-orders EGA already. Approximately 100,000 were given EGA on day 1 and approximately 400,000 received EGA on day 2. This means just under half of all pre-orders have already been given EGA.

EGA - Day 1 Estimated Invite Total = 119,260

07/21/11 - 07/23/11 = 19,324

07/24/11 - 07/30/11 = 99,936

EGA - Day 2 Estimated Invite Total = 344,253

07/31/11 - 08/06/11 = 84,671

08/07/11 - 08/13/11 = 60,993

08/14/11 - 08/20/11 = 36,726

08/21/11 - 08/27/11 = 32,680

08/28/11 - 09/03/11 = 25,452

09/04/11 - 09/10/11 = 26,355

09/11/11 - 09/17/11 = 16,778

09/18/11 - 09/24/11 = 23,221

09/25/11 - 10/01/11 = 37,377

Given that the numbers are not exact I would put the estimate of current EGA players at 463,513. The fact that almost quadruple the amount of players from yesterday were given EGA today makes me almost positive that all pre-order customers will be in by Friday at the latest.

EGA - TBA (to be announced) = 475,845

10/02/11 - 10/08/11 = 54,709

10/09/11 - 10/15/11 = 30,283

10/16/11 - 10/22/11 = 57,573

10/23/11 - 10/29/11 = 48,732

10/30/11 - 11/05/11 = 43,779

11/06/11 - 11/12/11 = 54,543

11/13/11 - 11/19/11 = 72,708

11/20/11 - 11/26/11 = 74,916

11/27/11 - 12/03/11 = 15,734

12/04/11 - 12/10/11 = 22,868

/bow

Unfortunately, even when you read the fine print, it didn't seem like I would have to wait THIS long to play. Sure, I expected to wait maybe a few hours, even a day, but I'm probably going to have to wait to the last wave. Technically yes, I'm still going to play before the "release." But I did want to do the end game raids and such, and my friends who preordered before me are well to put it frankly, way ahead of me.

I admit that under what they have stated, I should of expected a wait. I just never thought the wait could be more than three days from what the people are estimating. But, I guess, I have no real way to address the issue expect to run around the forums and wait.

What if I wanted to be in a top progression guild? This isn't my argument, but its a sound one. Whether you like it or not, people are affected by these conditions, especially in a social game such as this.

You have to understand this side of the argument, and many really aren't grasping it. Early access usually means exactly what it says. In this case, it meant something entirely different. That wasn't entirely spelled out, and on the front page of this site, it still isn't. The perception by many is no longer early access, but no access. When you aren't playing, that means no access. When you may or may not play tomorrow or Friday, still its perceived to mean no access.

What's lost, you say? Time. And time by how we perceive it is the most valuable thing of all. Lost time. Time can be perceived differently depending on your age, and what other responsibilities you have going on in your life. Some don't care because they perceive time as endless. Some have very little. Its not hard to conclude that those who have little time feel they are wasting it waiting for something which they paid for, but are not getting.

That's what we are trying to say here. Hope it helps.

Is seven days really going to matter in the grand scheme of things? I highly doubt that. People are making mountains out of molehills. Sure, there are people who are more hardcore than others, but then they're going to have to change their gameplan, why were they relying on time that wasn't pre-slotted and laid out in stone to begin with?

Does the 'up to five days' thing not exist anymore? It's just NOW entering the 'up to five days' period that was promised to us. These people who have gotten in have gotten 6-7 days access when only up to five days. Two extra days is more than we were ever lead to think we would have, at least when I preordered.

Maybe the collective people complaining shouldn't put all of your eggs in one basket and do more valuable things with your time in the interim? I'm not in yet and I'm pretty nonplussed about it, I didn't bank on early release time, which is in fact, not a privilege. If you get one day of early access Bioware STILL hasn't mislead you, you just have much more hope than you should have in a company.

Unfortunately, even when you read the fine print, it didn't seem like I would have to wait THIS long to play. Sure, I expected to wait maybe a few hours, even a day, but I'm probably going to have to wait to the last wave. Technically yes, I'm still going to play before the "release." But I did want to do the end game raids and such, and my friends who preordered before me are well to put it frankly, way ahead of me.

This is exactly my point. We didn't expect to wait this long. Better communication on their part from the beginning, and I mean in July when the preorder was first released, would have solved this.

To those of us who enjoy a hardcore style of play and progression, it would have been nice to know up front that depending on when we purchased, we may not get in until this day. Guilds could have planned around this better, had we known more of the details early on. I think that's a very important point.

So technically, while I may very well only get 1 day of early access, which means Bioware has lived up to their advertisement, its not always ok to provide the minimum standard to someone. I think the way consumers handle pre-orders is eventually going to change if this continues to happen.

So on the front page we see this:

Fans who have pre-ordered STAR WARS: The Old Republic can now begin playing the game!

Read More...

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111213

In this article, it does say the following "Early Game Access will still be staggered, allowing blocks of players in at a time to ensure a quality experience for everyone."

But it is not specific. It does not say, if you ordered prior to this month, you have an opportunity to play the full 5 days of early access. It does not say if you ordered now, you may only get 1 to 2 days of early access.

What it does say is this:

"There’s still time for you to get in on Early Game Access before it ends so pre-order your copy of Star Wars: The Old Republic right now!"

How much early access time will these people get?

So explain to me how this doesn't mislead you into purchasing the game right now, only to find you won't be playing until Friday or later.

Why isn't early access closed now? Purchasing now gets you no benefit. Its just a marketing ploy. It was a ploy a few months ago, and its a ploy now. That's all it is, a ploy to get you to purchase. Really, if this isn't just to collect as many purchases in advance, then close the early access option now to prevent more disgruntled customers.

QQ move along

"Up to five days" is plain English with absolutely no ambiguity. If you can't understand this simple phrase then the fault is yours.

"Plain" English also involves implication. It's not like English can be parsed like legalese or C++. "Up To X" does not include .001*X or 0, it means something like .75*X to .95*X to everyone who isn't a robot.

To those of us who enjoy a hardcore style of play and progression, it would have been nice to know up front that depending on when we purchased, we may not get in until this day. Guilds could have planned around this better, had we known more of the details early on. I think that's a very important point.

I am pretty sure they have given a solid date on when *everyone* will be able to play - Dec. 20. How about hardcore guilds plan around that?

What they are doing right now is a pure bonus that no one has payed for. They are being nice to players and are staggering servers to make sure smooth distribution. I do not understand what is the problem here. You are getting something BEYOND what you are paying for.

"Plain" English also involves implication. It's not like English can be parsed like legalese or C++. "Up To X" does not include .001*X or 0, it means something like .75*X to .95*X to everyone who isn't a robot.

Wishful thinking :o

I am pretty sure they have given a solid date on when *everyone* will be able to play - Dec. 20. How about hardcore guilds plan around that?

What they are doing right now is a pure bonus that no one has payed for. They are being nice to players and are staggering servers to make sure smooth distribution. I do not understand what is the problem here. You are getting something BEYOND what you are paying for.

Yeah, and the free item in a "Buy one get one FREE!" deal is a pure bonus? ********. Everyone knows how this sort of thing works.

It doesn't matter though, because all of us will be in by tomorrow night.

"Up to five days" is simple. It has one meaning. One.

You're wrong. It's okay, few people can admit when they've screwed up.

Its just a marketing ploy. It was a ploy a few months ago, and its a ploy now. That's all it is, a ploy to get you to purchase

It has ALWAYS been a marketing ploy. Anyone that cannot see that needs to go buy some common sense.

It is not BioWares job to compensate for stupid

What I'm really loving about todays waves is: they are inviting even more than yesterday blah blah blah but the waves will be further apart. translation: your *** gets to stare at the screen even longer without knowing today whether you can play or not.

So on the front page we see this:

Fans who have pre-ordered STAR WARS: The Old Republic can now begin playing the game!

Read More...

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111213

In this article, it does say the following "Early Game Access will still be staggered, allowing blocks of players in at a time to ensure a quality experience for everyone."

But it is not specific. It does not say, if you ordered prior to this month, you have an opportunity to play the full 5 days of early access. It does not say if you ordered now, you may only get 1 to 2 days of early access.

What it does say is this:

"There’s still time for you to get in on Early Game Access before it ends so pre-order your copy of Star Wars: The Old Republic right now!"

How much early access time will these people get?

So explain to me how this doesn't mislead you into purchasing the game right now, only to find you won't be playing until Friday or later.

Why isn't early access closed now? Purchasing now gets you no benefit. Its just a marketing ploy. It was a ploy a few months ago, and its a ploy now. That's all it is, a ploy to get you to purchase. Really, if this isn't just to collect as many purchases in advance, then close the early access option now to prevent more disgruntled customers.

Not to mention all that Staggered information was not there before 12/14

Look, the fact is that you should have pre-ordered this game because you want to own and play Old Republic. The possibility of early access is a bonus, nothing more.

I didn't pre-order until after I played the final weekend beta test and decided that the game would be worth my time. I'll be in the last few waves of early invites, and you know what? I am fine with that. Maybe it's today, maybe tomorrow, maybe Monday. Whatever. I am an adult, I have patience, and as long as I get some amount of early access for pre-ordering then Bioware have delivered on their promise.

"Up to five days" is simple. It has one meaning. One.

You're wrong. It's okay, few people can admit when they've screwed up.

It's okay if you have Asperger's Syndrome and can't navigate the subtle unwritten rules that neurotypicals use in our day to day lives. It isn't your fault.

Seeing as it's up to 5 days, the most people are waiting to get in at this point is....2 hours. That is assuming that we're going by the normal start time of 8am CST. Congrats on those complaining about waiting for so long. Edited by Xavot

People have won lawsuits involving this kind of thing. "Up To" doesn't mean it can be nothing, or like 5% of the "Up To" value.

Not that I'm saying any lawsuits would be warranted over EGA, just that there is real world support for my take on "Up To."

People have also won law suits over "I did not know this hot coffee was hot". Winning a lawsuit over something like that has become normal nowadays.

I did not say that 'Up to' can be nothing. It can't be nothing. But it *can* be 5% because it still meets the requirement :D

Look, the fact is that you should have pre-ordered this game because you want to own and play Old Republic. The possibility of early access is a bonus, nothing more.

I didn't pre-order until after I played the final weekend beta test and decided that the game would be worth my time. I'll be in the last few waves of early invites, and you know what? I am fine with that. Maybe it's today, maybe tomorrow, maybe Monday. Whatever. I am an adult, I have patience, and as long as I get some amount of early access for pre-ordering then Bioware have delivered on their promise.

Monday would not, in any way, qualify as "Up To" five days. That would be like getting "Up To 50 Mbit" cable that only worked at 5 Mbit.

And yes, before anyone asks, you can get out of contracts in such situations.