How many planetary 4-mans do you wind up abandoning?

TheSwamper

heroic 4 on any planet is such a waste

Once overpowered the planet, I can never be bother going back and end up abandon all of it once I got any

heroic 2 (2+) is much more reasonable, it's not the case of planet is under population, it's the case it required too much effort for a simple quest other than a flash point (while FP is hard enough to gather a full group)

I duo with my wife (tank + healer), even the FP once we OP them. Those heroic 4 we did quite a few at the early levels, and we found it is not worth the while after 30+.

I don't mind having players into group for some of the content, it is quite a good idea and I am seriously about it. But having most of the group quest requiring full group this is a bit over done.

Edited by mullar

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All of them. With a decent tank my merc (who doesn't have and skill points in the healing tree) can dps and let mako heal only occasionally having to help. I have an easier time doing them with my tank friend and our 2 companions than trying to 4 man. Reasons below

1) stupidity

2) stupidity

3) stupidity

Randoms will always break CC, fail to use their own CC, be damaging any target BUT the one the tank is on (forcing the healer to split heals when they draw aggro) fail to use interrupts, generally be bad at their class and inevitably pull adds by having absolutely no spacial awareness.

After failing a few 4 mans I thought they were hard, but came to realize after a while the the bulk of the difficulty in them is the other players and not the comps. After realizing this, gameplay has improved dramatically.

Done almost all of them. I've even managed to get a group of 3 tanks (I'm tank myself) on Hoth late night with only 24 people on the planet. It wasn't easy with 3 tanks and a healer companion, but we managed. After that one of the tanks and I did another 4p heroic with 2 companions.

If you cannot get enough people for a 4p heroice just get player and do it with two companions.

The server I'm on is btw a "standard" populated server.

It depends on what character I'm playing and what time I'm playing it. I haven't pugged since beta, so I only do them when I'm playing the game w/ my spouse. When he's not here I I play a solo character and wait til I outlevel it.

I did them all in beta up to level 33 or so, it was just so time consuming to get groups together, even as the healer. It would take all my play time to get two or three heroics done. Some of them are long! And sometimes it takes forever for everyone to make their way over.

I did, and still do, enjoy doing them though.

I've ended up doing all of the ones I've come across so far (level 39, just finished act 1). I have -never- gotten a PuG for one, though. I usually end up asking one of the 50s in my guild if they can help.

But seriously... the Heroic 4s really need to go. I enjoy the story of some of them, but for the most part, they really should just be dumbed down to be soloable.

I love the game, but getting questing groups has been very hard I've noticed. (usually have no problem getting a Flashpoint group going)

Nearly all of them past Drummond Kaas. (but I am not including the two level 50 dailies on Belsavis in that - my guild does them, and random people seem to be eager, as well)

There was just never enough people around to do them leveling up, or more likely, THE LOOKING FOR GROUP TOOL IN THIS GAME IS CRAP, even on a then heavy to very heavy server (first few weeks - now it's light to standard).

I do remember doing one on Nar Shaddaa, and in the end, the time needed to do it vs the rewards - it just wasn't worth it.

Flashpoints were the same leveling up - did Black Talon and Athiss, and that's it until 50.

(this is as a tank, so I was half of the hard to find roles needed - finding the other half was just impossible without mindlessly spamming /general and hoping, or messaging every potential healer in the level range, which I was not going to do.)

If theres someone around when i pick the mission up, i'll do them.

If not, i'll just drop them later.

They usually don't give enough rewards to go into a big hassle over.

Being friendly helps, don't be afraid to /poke someone as theyre walking past and ask if they want to team up a bit.

if youre afraid of strangers in general or just reaaally shy, take a chance when someone advertises a guild in the chat and go introduce yourself.

He who dares, wins.

All of them. With a decent tank my merc (who doesn't have and skill points in the healing tree) can dps and let mako heal only occasionally having to help. I have an easier time doing them with my tank friend and our 2 companions than trying to 4 man. Reasons below

1) stupidity

2) stupidity

3) stupidity

Randoms will always break CC, fail to use their own CC, be damaging any target BUT the one the tank is on (forcing the healer to split heals when they draw aggro) fail to use interrupts, generally be bad at their class and inevitably pull adds by having absolutely no spacial awareness.

After failing a few 4 mans I thought they were hard, but came to realize after a while the the bulk of the difficulty in them is the other players and not the comps. After realizing this, gameplay has improved dramatically.

LOL!

I was doing "Poisonous Strategy" on Belsavis the other day, and this Merc ragequit because AoE kept breaking his CC.

He was the only one using AoE.

I'm just curious, because it's very rare I see any LFMs for these and the few I've done just seem so not worthwhile.

I find the Fleet FPs much more fun, as they seem to have many more things going on.

My 4th alt is just completing chapter 1 and it's fair to say that between all of them I've abandoned almost every planetary 4-man. In fact, at this point, I'd be happy for an option to have the quest givers for them not even show up on my radar.

I'm not anti-grouping, but I am very much anti-waiting around not playing while trying to convince three players out of the twenty-odd on that planet at the time to do the quest.

On a High Pop server, I've done 0 on my current (second) toon. On my first one I stopped doing them after I worked out that those 30 minutes spent spamming /1 to form and 10 minutes+ waiting for everyone else to get to the instance could have been better spent questing solo.

Done all of them so far. I really don't understand the issues some people are having. Just shout out once in a while that you wanna do them and people almost always answer. Haven't had any issues getting them done as of yet.

Don't really intend to spend 1-50 at peak efficiency. "I could have gotten X amount of experience in that amount of time!" just seems ridiculous to me. Most of them are pretty fun and the rewards are good most of the time. /shrug

Edited by AliensShootFirst

Think i do 1-2 per planet if i get lucky on a group, some planets i get none done.

Its quite annoying really, you get some orange gear from a normal quest but to get the rest of the set you have to do the HC4 quests. I think my bank has like bunch of unfinished orange sets due to nobody wanting to do HC4. =/

Would be nice if thouse HC4 quests would show what the reward is for doing em, that way people might be more interested, especially if its orange/+3 comms ect...

Then again i do play on a relatively low pop server. :D

Edited by Zhijn

The only one I've had to abandon was Firestar on Balmorra. People are just too friggin picky about what classes they want to go with on that one. I tried to form a team for it several times and had people quit because "We don't have enough DPS!", "Where is our Jug?!", "Bounty Hunters heal for ****! Where's our Operative?!", so I just gave up trying.

:csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

I am not looking forward to when this game matures more and despite having a near full server, all the leveling planets will be nearly empty and the heroics will go unused. Bioware should not have made 4 man heroics, they should have kept them to all being 2 man heroics only